Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

And if folk thought Gio was boring, try speaking to Kevin Thomson.

Some of the suggestions are just so bad. 

I genuinely really like Kevin, he's a lovely bloke who is really good with his time but fuck me that accent is too much to listen to. That and he calls it 'footy' and I can't fucking abide that. :lol:

14 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Correct. We need an experienced manager on a caretaker basis. Wouldn’t be against Sean Dyche or Bielsa coming in until the end of the season. We have a great opportunity here for “try before you buy” 

However I would give Thomson a role in any future permanent team with the potential of succession down the line. We need to be thinking long term with Managers. 

What has Thomson done in management to be under considderation as a future Rangers boss?

21 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Why on earth would we take a risk on any untried / inexperienced manager at this stage? Ferguson, McCann and Thomson would be terrible appointments at this point for us. 

Thomson can fuck off,the boring hibs prick.

13 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Imagine shiteing it off them that much that we need to get an English Robbie Nielson to try and beat them through aggression and second balls though.

Fuck that.

It's not shiting it  it's being realistic and looking for the best way to become champions 

Just now, Bakbear said:

Correct. We need an experienced manager on a caretaker basis. Wouldn’t be against Sean Dyche or Bielsa coming in until the end of the season. We have a great opportunity here for “try before you buy” 

However I would give Thomson a role in any future permanent team with the potential of succession down the line. We need to be thinking long term with Managers. 

I don't see why an experienced epl manager would take our job on a 'till the end of the season basis', when they would probably get an epl one after Xmas on better terms.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Our biggest rivals have a foreign coach who worked for the City Group and is about to lead them to back to back titles when they were completely broken as a club when he took over. 

I think we overestimated their 'brokenness'. They had one bad season in a decade.

Jack Ross still out of work?

Ian Cathro?

Neil Warnock?

Sam Allardyce?

The only serious contender for me is Beale. You uncouple him and Gerrard and it’s obvious which one was all talk and which was the brains.

The fact that he has taken to us and the prospect of regular European football, offsets the attractions of somewhere like Wolves.

4 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Jack Ross still out of work?

Ian Cathro?

Neil Warnock?

Sam Allardyce?

The only serious contender for me is Beale. You uncouple him and Gerrard and it’s obvious which one was all talk and which was the brains.

The fact that he has taken to us and the prospect of regular European football, offsets the attractions of somewhere like Wolves.

They only chance we have of getting Beale in is if he doesn't manage to promote QPR to the premiership.