Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

There are other ways of doing it, copying the behaviour of their low life support is not one I'm in favour of and I'm fucking astounded many of you seem to be.

I, like many, laughed like fuck at them through that.. but do you know what, they did what they did to force change & are now a country mile ahead of us! We’ll sit by, much like our board, and wait until it’s too late! We should be chasing these cunts right out of our club, if that comes across as “low life” then so be it.. it’s our club not theirs, they don’t get it! 

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Who is Marco Giampaolo and Professor Fink.

Giampalo has been the Sampdoria, Torino and Milan manager over the last 6 years - prior to that Brescia etc in Serie A previous 15 year or so..  Fink was a name I flung in to see how many would vote for him - he's shite lol

15 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

All within our reach I'd say and did include the link for others / suggestions - you anymore you want added?

Low ain’t going from German national team to SPFL.

FDB has been a fuckin disaster at every job since he left Ajax about 6 years ago.

Bielsa? Have you seen our injury list, it be double that under his training.

Dyche seems to be a popular choice for some unknown reason, was on reportedly on near 100k a week, he’s not going up to Scotland for same reasons Howe knocked it back, his next club will be better than the one he got the sack from.

Gerardo Seoane

Urs Fischer

Bo Svensson

Ralph Hassenhuttl (wouldn’t be my pick but he’s close with RW and looks like he’s gone from Southampton) 

Kjetil Knutsen (again not my shout but has a way of playing and will no doubt be linked)

Mick Beale 

End of day doesn’t matter who’s on the poll mate, Gio be in that role until the board finally decide to put their hand in their pocket which be a long time away unfortunately 

Honestly. Duncan Ferguson till jan would be my call. Few scottish backroom Rangers men. Weed out the pricks who dont want to be here, make them want to leave come jan 1rst.

Cause next summer is the start of another cycle, might take us 2/3 years to win the league again.

6 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Low ain’t going from German national team to SPFL.

FDB has been a fuckin disaster at every job since he left Ajax about 6 years ago.

Bielsa? Have you seen our injury list, it be double that under his training.

Dyche seems to be a popular choice for some unknown reason, was on reportedly on near 100k a week, he’s not going up to Scotland for same reasons Howe knocked it back, his next club will be better than the one he got the sack from.

Gerardo Seoane

Urs Fischer

Bo Svensson

Ralph Hassenhuttl (wouldn’t be my pick but he’s close with RW and looks like he’s gone from Southampton) 

Kjetil Knutsen (again not my shout but has a way of playing and will no doubt be linked)

Mick Beale 

End of day doesn’t matter who’s on the poll mate, Gio be in that role until the board finally decide to put their hand in their pocket which be a long time away unfortunately 

Seone - a year at Leverkusen and lost 20 games

Bo Svensson - Mainz?? no thanks, results yoyo - also in a job.

Urs Fischer - ok I see the trend here

Ralph Hasenhüttl - wouldn't be against it if got the sack but doubt he'd come.

Kjetil Knutsen - he's in a job and not getting bagged - deliberately left those out out as no way the club paying for a manager and his team

Mick Beale - as above

23 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Personally still fancy a gamble on Knutsen from Bodo, plays good attacking football, low budgets, took a low end side to a few titles and did alright in Europe all things considered 

Liked the look of Knutsen you can’t deny what he’s done with Bodo but when I’ve watched a couple of their games recently it’s been a lot more crosses into the box than I expected and they’ve looked very weak defensively (although acknowledged thats partly down to such a attacking system). 

More apprehensive about him now tbh 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

4379ECAF-4AD7-4E73-A6EE-B970E3B5A035.jpeg

“”Falkirk Guru”? The Falkirk supporters around me do not have that recollection. The wee fat guy who hung around asking if he could help carry the cones and posts? That was the description I heard most when I asked about him. 

I'd go for Hassenhuttl. It's petered out for him at Southampton but, for the vast majority of his time there, he's had next to no investment in the squad.He also did a great job at Ingolstadt and did pretty well with Leipzig.

His football is exciting and he's not afraid to play and develop youth players. 

The fact of the matter is, we're not going to get a manager that ticks all the boxes. I think Hassenhuttl ticks enough and he'd be a definite upgrade over what we have now.

6 hours ago, SonicWill said:

I'd go for Hassenhuttl. It's petered out for him at Southampton but, for the vast majority of his time there, he's had next to no investment in the squad.He also did a great job at Ingolstadt and did pretty well with Leipzig.

The fact of the matter is, we're not going to get a manager that ticks all the boxes. I think Hassenhuttl ticks enough and he'd be a definite upgrade over what we have now.

Him and Wilson had a good relationship. That's the downside that Wilson would stay on.

6 hours ago, SonicWill said:

Replace a manager who has presided over drubbings with another manager who enjoys a fair shagging, that’ll be good 

8 hours ago, The No.9 said:

Personally still fancy a gamble on Knutsen from Bodo, plays good attacking football, low budgets, took a low end side to a few titles and did alright in Europe all things considered 

Seems many have a hardon for this guy, wonder how many would want him had they not beat the fenians? I can’t think of a time that Rangers fans would ever have wanted a Norwegian manager who has won 2 titles in 20 years in the game and has his side 15 points or more behind in the league, it just wouldn’t happen.

they play in the Antarctic, their pitch is worse than livi and killies and actually seems like a lot of their excellent home record is down to this.

it’s a 2 hour flight or 9 hour trek from Rosenborg to glimt 

7 hours ago, SonicWill said:

tumblr_inline_mo1zd18HyZ1qz4rgp540.gif

18 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t remember this at all and if it was it certainly wasn’t a wide held or overly popular opinion :lol:

it's almost like people make up shite on here to feel superior and important

18 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I’m led to believe Stevie G hasn’t ruled himself out.

by whom?