Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

15 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

When did I suggest any of them as my first choice? I've been solidly behind Dyche for a long while. :lol:

Dyche - the manager who has pretty much only managed a team battling relegation while playing boring defensive football.

What attribute other than him "Being a hard man who will give the players a kick up the ass" does he have to manage Rangers?

Has never played attacking football. Has never been at a team where there is any sort of pressure to succeed. Has never battled for top division titles. Has no experience of breaking down teams that put 10 men behind the ball. No relevant experience in Europe. Is not a big name that will attract players we otherwise couldn't get.

People were unhappy at Gio due to his boring, defensive football that wasn't able to break down teams domestically. That's exactly what Dyche is.

5 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Dyche - the manager who has pretty much only managed a team battling relegation while playing boring defensive football.

What attribute other than him "Being a hard man who will give the players a kick up the ass" does he have to manage Rangers?

Has never played attacking football. Has never been at a team where there is any sort of pressure to succeed. Has never battled for top division titles. Has no experience of breaking down teams that put 10 men behind the ball. No relevant experience in Europe. Is not a big name that will attract players we otherwise couldn't get.

People were unhappy at Gio due to his boring, defensive football that wasn't able to break down teams domestically. That's exactly what Dyche is.

Playing down Dyches accomplishment to big up Michael fucking Beale after 12 games in football. A guy who’s about to leave his 3rd club in 14 months. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

13/14 and 15/16 records in the championship.

Demonstrable success and consistency - two things we need to win our own domestic league, which should not be as tough as those seasons were in the championship.

0BA939B5-60F3-41B9-8ADC-4C59E44A08E3.png

F3B00025-25C3-4AB0-A655-E75E93757F98.png

8 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

People were unhappy at Gio because he lost 2 leagues in the space of 8 months

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

People were unhappy at Gio because he lost 2 leagues in the space of 8 months

Exactly this, he threw away a lead last year and now we are 9 points behind in November…..that’s why we were unhappy. If dull archaic football wins games consistently and delivers titles no one will care, sure we’d like to play better but 3 points is what matters provided we go into each game knowing that it’s the likely outcome.

Under Gio you knew we were going to struggle and had very little confidence we’d get the 3 points.

If Dyche were to play 4-4-2 direct and win games consistently you’d be confident going into a match away to Livingston that it wouldn’t be pretty but we’d almost certainly win.

Playing attractive football doesn’t win prizes by its own right however dull football doesn’t guarantee results either. The “don’t know when you’re beaten” mentality for me is much better than a particular style of football and that comes from the manager and the way he manages the players in the squad, not whether we play a winger, inside forward or a wide number 10.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Still trying to look for positives and all I've come up with is we might get to see Tom Culshaw trying to attack other teams coaching staff in the dugout.

The only positive I can come up with is when it goes tits up that has to be curtains for Wilson and Robertson.

37 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

but that wasnt the case though was it he literally said as soon as villa called he was out the door because 'the opportunity was too big'

he could have said he loved his time at Rangers but felt he couldnt take us any further or any other bullshit a manger spouts when he leaves one team for another but he opted to tell the truth that he ran away at the first opportunity 

face up to it your hero ran away to villa 

The thing is he did speak very highly of us and continues to do so. As I said no point in listening to me on what happened but you may listen to one of the main guys that saved the club.

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

As much as football has progressed along the analytics, tactics and moneyball axis. All the top managers are still “leaders”. Pep, Klopp, Arteta, Ferguson, Wenger, Walter etc. Even Rodger’s and Postecglou if you want to go there.

They command the respect of the dressing room and everyone in the club. DoF or not. They have the final say. 

Beale just doesn’t have that “gravitas” for want of a better word. Not something you can really learn either. He’s closer to Murty than he is Walter.

Just can’t see us being 1-0 down on a cold Sunday at Dingwall. And him giving the players the half time Fergie treatment and getting a reaction.

As good a tactician as he may be. Wilson will just walk all over him with squad management as well.

He isn't a good tactician though, before Gerrard and Beale left we were screaming on here for them to drop the favourites and try something different. Same as GVB, Gerrard and Beale toiled against the low block, made the same mistakes over and over then regurgitated the "we learn from it" birthday card pish. They have their style of play and setup and if it doesn't work they are clueless in how to positively change a game. GVB at least had his moments, Dortmund game for example, where you can point to him making a great tactical decision that made a meaningful impact. Might be just because i'm getting old but managers/ coaches these days don't seem to be able to deal with the dynamics during matches. Too much reliance on stats and not enough attention to what is actually going on in the game.

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

we were screaming on here for them to drop the favourites and try something different.

People have been screaming that since this forums inception. It’s a constant source and discontent among forum users regardless of who the manager is.

3 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

The thing is he did speak very highly of us and continues to do so. As I said no point in listening to me on what happened but you may listen to one of the main guys that saved the club.

i know he speaks highly of us a professional isnt going to bad mouth his previous employers and as for saving the club ffs next you'll be telling us he bought the first football  and boots for moses mcneil

just admit it he ran away as soon as a half decent offer came in thats your saviour right there

The other thing is, if Beale is appointed you can be sure there are little to no funds being made available as we are taking the gamble on Beale.

If Seoane, Bosz or Dyche were to come in you would have thought they’d need assurances there was money to spend.

Maybe that’s why we are going with Beale (even though it’ll cost £1.5m to get him in the first place)

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

People have been screaming that since this forums inception. It’s a constant source and discontent among forum users regardless of who the manager is.

Of course, but there is still usually a consensus on the strengths and weaknesses of a manager. If tactics is a strength of Beale then he didn't show it with Gerrard, only Warburton in recent times has been more rigid in his approach and setup. 

4 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

i know he speaks highly of us a professional isnt going to bad mouth his previous employers and as for saving the club ffs next you'll be telling us he bought the first football  and boots for moses mcneil

just admit it he ran away as soon as a half decent offer came in thats your saviour right there

In saving the club I was meaning Dave King not Gerrard m8.  Gerrard has many club records but actually saving the club is a bit far-fetched. When you have someone like King telling you that Gerrard wasn't backed and calling out the board fans may listen especially as he's currently our largest shareholder.

It is Beale. End of.

Tbh Beale or Dyche is totally uninspiring.

No one we've been linked with has gave me the minutest of semi's.

Very underwhelming.

Just hoping it's a case of they might really surprise us and we look back in a year and say what was the panic for.

That's all we've got to cling to until we see evidence further down the line.