Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

When was the last time our fan base has been so against a new manager?

If he comes in and it doesn’t get the new manager bounce and we drop points to Hibs and Aberdeen he’s not going to last out.

With someone completely fresh to the club they get time to bed in but Beale knows the club, knows the players and we know how he sets up tactically so there isn’t the same period of grace other managers might get.

We really are a mental support. A few weeks ago when he was up for the Aberdeen game, so many people were excitedly hoping it pointed to him taking over. Now he’s not up to it.

Genuinely don’t know who people realistically think we can get that don’t have negatives as well. Every name that’s been mentioned has downsides/big question marks hanging over them.

Gio was probably the first appointment since Advocaat that pretty much the whole support got behind unanimously. And look how that turned out. 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Had Beale done well over a year or 18months then I’d be more than willing to give him a go, but he’s not shown how he reacts to a slump, an injury crisis, can he mix it up or change systems if things aren’t going his way.

this seems a fucking mental decision imo. We’ve sacked a manager but we are now going to be in an untested manager into one of our worst injury crisis ever, a team with little to no morale and players who were once worth big money ready to walk away for fuck all.

every managerial decision is a risk of course it is, but this just screams short sighted, easy option, a guy who knows these players in the hope having the old gang back rejuvenates everyone 

Exactly this.

It’s lazy, wishful thinking by this board and Wilson.

Little do they know this is the bigger risk than going with someone like Seoane who actually won titles or Dyche who won the championship twice and kept Burnley in the EPL and qualified for Europe.

2 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

We really are a mental support. A few weeks ago when he was up for the Aberdeen game, so many people were excitedly hoping it pointed to him taking over. Now he’s not up to it.

Genuinely don’t know who people realistically think we can get that don’t have negatives as well. Every name that’s been mentioned has downsides/big question marks hanging over them.

Gio was probably the first appointment since Advocaat that pretty much the whole support got behind unanimously. And look how that turned out. 

Absolutely everyone accepts than any manager we get will have negatives. The problem here is there are no positives.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

When was the last time our fan base has been so against a new manager?

If he comes in and it doesn’t get the new manager bounce and we drop points to Hibs and Aberdeen he’s not going to last out.

With someone completely fresh to the club they get time to bed in but Beale knows the club, knows the players and we know how he sets up tactically so there isn’t the same period of grace other managers might get.

Most people were pretty cautious/against the Pedro appointment but he got the benefit of the doubt from the start.

Nearly everyone I've spoken to, and seeing the reactions online about Beale, it's almost similar to how people felt about McGregor, Davis and Lafferty coming back - it's like he has to prove it to us and win us over. That's certainly unprecedented.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Most people were pretty cautious/against the Pedro appointment but he got the benefit of the doubt from the start.

Nearly everyone I've spoken to, and seeing the reactions online about Beale, it's almost similar to how people felt about McGregor, Davis and Lafferty coming back - it's like he has to prove it to us and win us over. That's certainly unprecedented.

Can’t wait for him being announced to see his first 24 hours in the job is him on Twitter arguing with the support that he’s the man for the job 

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Exactly this.

It’s lazy, wishful thinking by this board and Wilson.

Little do they know this is the bigger risk than going with someone like Seoane who actually won titles or Dyche who won the championship twice and kept Burnley in the EPL and qualified for Europe.

Mate, fs, there's never been any danger of Dyche as much as we all like to think there is.

4 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

We already know what we're getting with Beale, the only positive to it is hoping for last seasons level of fitness.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Absolutely everyone accepts than any manager we get will have negatives. The problem here is there are no positives.

I can understand that he is not your choice and you are in a huff but to say there are no positives is ridiculous.

He knows the magnitude of the place, the task at hand and has a good rapport with the players. The man lives and breathes football and tbh, I quite like his swagger.

Of course, it's a gamble but so are the other candidates. I'm not fully promoting him, but I'm not totally against him being the manager either.

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Been on here nearly 7 years and never felt I had to use the ignore function, had to do it there, can't read anymore of that rambling Gerrard loving fanny.

How do you do that from your phone?

I can only find Report & Share and I’ve never felt the need to do it before either, guy is setting records

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Based on absolutely nothing

Except him being instrumental in taking us from a team that finished third in the SPL to unbeaten champions who consistently overperformed in Europe. All while spending considerably less than our major competitor. Not to mention his experience at setups like Chelsea, Liverpool, and Aston Villa. Not to mention spending £0 at QPR but doing well enough to attract the attention of people at Wolves who know far more about football than you or me within a few months. Not to mention him actually being a manager who has recently turned down an EPL opportunity at a club that are probably among the top 25 spenders in Europe in the last 5 years because he openly wants to manage Rangers.