Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Didn't he walk away from a job at Rangers because he wanted to be his own man rather than just part of the coaching staff?

Personally, I don't think their nationality matters a jot. I think the idea you need someone who has played for the club in the past to motivate players now - particularly at a club like ours - is just a lazy cliche.

Being a low profile backroom staffer is somewhat different to being the gaffers right hand man.

Could see him being tempted.

No idea if he is any good or not though.

28 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Still never understood why the press disappeared from our play, we definitely looked far more dangerous with it than without.

It went even with Gerrard and Beale still here.

Liverpool were quite similar in that way. They would have their games where they pressed and then games where they didnt. Reason for that could probably be that its a long season and choosing your moments is key. Fuck knows.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Being a low profile backroom staffer is somewhat different to being the gaffers right hand man.

Could see him being tempted.

No idea if he is any good or not though.

Beale isn't going to hire Thomson as his number two ffs.

Comes out with some strange stuff on commentary Thomson. Doesn’t seem very insightful on the tactical side of things. Gave that comical motm to Arfield despite doing nothing but misplacing 3 passes because he came on and “ran around a lot”.

It’s all about making a tackle and getting stuck in.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Well the kinda McAllister role, whatever it is, I imagine it's far higher up the rung than what he was before.

The experienced head to guide the rookie boss in his first role? Not sure that suits given Thomson has only managed a part-time team for a season.

13 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Thomson being involved would be a small plus for me if Beale wants it and it isn't forced onto him by the club

Why? I say that as someone who likes him but being a Rangers man doesn't always merit so much of a stature that they should have a place on the management team. 

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You mean giving him our full support as we should?

funny that eh

Of course, but don' rip him to shreds in advance of that for spurious reasons. e.g. he went to Ibrox while Gio was still the manager? So what, he may have been there in his capacity as QPR manager running the rule over some of our players with a view to bidding for them in the next transfer window. We need to cut him some slack.

Beale and Thomson are close going off Thomson's open goal appearences and he was linked with going to QPR as his number 2 so don't see how it's out of the question Beale would wantghim especially since his assistant won't be the one doing training drills etc

Just now, skinnymate1690 said:

I think this will go on into next week now . Even if it is Beale there’s no proper stories , unless I’ve missed them that suggest we’ve actually approached anyone 

The players are back on Monday, I think they’ll want to have someone in charge by then.