Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

2 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

a quick thought you see that almost all fans dont want beale and he was the 'brains' behind us winning 55 how do you think the fans would feel if it was gerrard about to be announced especially since he ran out on us

I don't think he'd have been anywhere near Villa if the board had backed him.

The fans all have differing opinions but ultimately all will want success. The board aren't there to appoint popular choices they have a responsibility to appoint the best choice whether they are a popular choice or not.

Many years ago Souness left us which wasn't very popular at the time but he's certainly welcome at Ibrox. 

4 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Wtf has King got to with that scumbag fucking off ya fucking lunatic?  The same King that was described as a shamless liar by a judge? and no just you fucking off here for good would do for me just now .

He's in the press today as he told fans at a Q&A what he believed happened and how we blew a great chance of dominating for a while.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Gerrard wasn't forced out. He fucked it by not selling two or three players after 55 and then losing to Malmo. After that, he couldn't wait to leave.

I like King in many ways, but he is here to cause trouble. The AGM should be eventful.

My take on “Gerrard was forced out” is not to take that literally but to interpret it as promises made were broken rendering his position (in his eyes) untenable.

Whether he wanted (or was willing) to sell certain players to fund new recruitment is something that none of us know for sure.

Just now, Kylegib said:

I don't think he'd have been anywhere near Villa if the board had backed him.

The fans all have differing opinions but ultimately all will want success. The board aren't there to appoint popular choices they have a responsibility to appoint the best choice whether they are a popular choice or not.

Many years ago Souness left us which wasn't very popular at the time but he's certainly welcome at Ibrox. 

to visit not to manage us ffs. down the line gerrard will be welcome to WATCH a game at ibrox

so i'll ask it VERY SLOWLY for you

considering we are apparently about to announce 'the brains' for getting us 55 as our next manager and the vast majority dont want him

do you think the man who took the plaudits for it then ran away as soon as he got a half decent call to another team leaving us hanging would be wanted even more so as our manager

5 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

The board might have backed him if he couldve got us through a fairly straight forward tie against Malmo. Argue all you want, that result fucked us financially in a big way and that was down to Gerrard more than the board.

Yes agree 100% but how bad would our finances have been if didn't have us performing consistently well in Europe. 

We'd also have improved our chances greatly of getting past Malmo if the board backed him and brought in a few quality signings. 

As I've said when our largest shareholder is telling us he wasn't backed I'd like to think the fans would take notice.

13 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Whoever gets the job will not have the full backing of all fans. There will be many groans when the new chap is announced. Only results on the park will change that.

Beale is a highly regarded coach and may well be the cheap option which would be attractive to the board. Hopefully we find out the name by the end of the week with players due back next Monday.

He's not exactly a cheap option mate when we have to pay compensation. As much as I see some upside with Beale, I'm surprised we would pay compensation for an inexperienced coach.

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

Don’t know if I’m more scunnered at Beale being the new manager, or opening every thread and seeing the fucking idiot @Kylegib talking about Gerrard. Can we not do something about him? Literally derails every discussion with his shite. 

I stuck him on ignore weeks ago. Class so it is 

41 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Can’t believe anyone is excited about returning to the way we played before Gio and with the same prick calling the shots regarding signings.

We haven’t solved any issues if we appoint Beale.

I can half understand why the board would look at him but if he is the best they can come up with then we are truly fucked.

Sigh.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

I can half understand why the board would look at him but if he is the best they can come up with then we are truly fucked.

Sigh.

Yeah he deserved to be thought of I'm genuinely stunned we are going for him though.

20 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Pretty deflated at this not gonna lie.

I'll obviously support him and want him to do well but I think hes going to need to win over a lot of fans which isnt a great starting point when we desperately needed someone to unite the support and breathe new life into the team.

I think most of us are deflated and it is going to be difficult to get behind Beale's appointment, but we have no option but to do so.

We can only hope he somehow proves us wrong, I will be delighted to say I was wrong if he can close the league points gap and win a cup or two. At the moment I just cannot see it happening.:sad:

2 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

to visit not to manage us ffs. down the line gerrard will be welcome to WATCH a game at ibrox

so i'll ask it VERY SLOWLY for you

considering we are apparently about to announce 'the brains' for getting us 55 as our next manager and the vast majority dont want him

do you think the man who took the plaudits for it then ran away as soon as he got a half decent call to another team leaving us hanging would be wanted even more so as our manager

At the moment no I don't. I also don't give Beale all that credit for 55. 

I think we're in dire need of leadership before we fall further behind and if someone like Gerrard was available then we should absolutely appoint him as we're not in the business of popularity contests we need the right individual in place that can lift the club and certainly someone that can beat celtic.