Rangers in Euro Super League (Staying in Scotland - Leaving Uefa Comps)

Join Euro League?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Should we join if offered?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/celtic-rangers-european-super-league-28346309

More than likely a pile of shite, but had not seen it talked about.

What's everyone's thoughts on this if we were offered?

My preference would be to tell them to fuck off, but at the same time, results are showing us that the Scottish Leagues are fucking shite and our potential is held back by where we play.

Would you rather stay in the Scottish Leagues, with our lack of money, shite refs and hoof-ball, hack anything that move philosophy, or move to a Euro Superleague which is completely morally bankrupt, but we would be loaded and have much better players and have a higher standard of football?

Edit:

As pointed out, we would likely stay in SPFL leagues, but super league would replace the Euro comps.

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Nope

Tend to agree, but at the same time if Real and Barca win this court case, it will put us in a difficult position.

I think that without a shadow of a doubt, if both of us are asked to join, they will say yes.

As much as getting them the fuck away from us is appealing, it's a bit like when we were kicked down to the 3rd division. Our competition will vanish and we will go backwards.

13 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/celtic-Rangers-european-super-league-28346309

More than likely a pile of shite, but had not seen it talked about.

What's everyone's thoughts on this if we were offered?

My preference would be to tell them to fuck off, but at the same time, results are showing us that the Scottish Leagues are fucking shite and our potential is held back by where we play.

Would you rather stay in the Scottish Leagues, with our lack of money, shite refs and hoof-ball, hack anything that move philosophy, or move to a Euro Superleague which is completely morally bankrupt, but we would be loaded and have much better players and have a higher standard of football?

Our progress is inevitably being held back by the league we play in. Harder to attract players, TV money etc. 

while I hated the idea of it before… I have to say I would probably change my tune if it meant we were playing madrid, Juventus etc every other week. 

Keep swinging between yes and no.

Gut feel is that it is a horrendous idea that we should tell them to fuck off.

Genuinely though, if we were both given an invite, I don't think we could say no.

We couldn't be left playing Livi and Hamilton and the likes every week, when another club in Glasgow is loaded and playing Juve, Real and Barca every week.

It’s highly unlikely to happen but not sure why we wouldn’t consider joining it to be honest.

Scottish football as it stands is throttling the quality on offer from both sides of the Old Firm.

We could field the B team in the SPFL (or work our way up from the 2nd division if need be) which would keep those who don’t want to give up watching us play Ross County, St Johnstone and the like.

I'm conflicted about it.

I would jump at the chance to get away from the SPL shite, but think we should have moved  in 2012 (if it was  possible).Would also prefer us to move AFTER we've battered the rest of Scotland for a season.

Throwing our lot in will the Europeans would bring plenty of money and improve us as a team,away days would be epic but we would lose out on the trophy count as the years went by an might lose a bit of soul.

Even though i hate our league,it's a great feeling when we hump a Dundee utd,Hibs Aberdeen etc,I really despise them.

We would aslo be swapping SPFL corruption for eufa corruption

As i say conflicted

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Can't believe people are saying yes to this, everything that is wrong with football

Last time it was talked about, without us mentioned, I was calling it everything under the sun.

Completely hypocritical, but if we were offered it, then I think my mind would change.

The one thing that kinda swings it for me is that it sounds like the English clubs will be excluded.

As you say, the EPL is a superleague in all but name. The current system is broken as it is. This would be a rival to it and even the score a bit.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Can't believe people are saying yes to this, everything that is wrong with football

You mean the money that is in the EPL where they buy players for the price that could buy you all of Rangers? That’s what’s wrong with football. 

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

People saying this would get us out of Scottish football need to look at what the super League actually is

What is it?

My understanding was that it was a 2 league system (Premier and Championship) without and relegation or path for entry to it, which was the biggest ethical issue for me.

I thought it meant that this was your main league and you gave up your domestic league and Uefa comps.

I don't think the plan is that we still compete in domestic league or Europe.

6 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

I'm conflicted about it.

I would jump at the chance to get away from the SPL shite, but think we should have moved  in 2012 (if it was  possible).Would also prefer us to move AFTER we've battered the rest of Scotland for a season.

Throwing our lot in will the Europeans would bring plenty of money and improve us as a team,away days would be epic but we would lose out on the trophy count as the years went by an might lose a bit of soul.

Even though i hate our league,it's a great feeling when we hump a Dundee utd,Hibs Aberdeen etc,I really despise them.

We would aslo be swapping SPFL corruption for eufa corruption

As i say conflicted

This is outside of Uefa, they are desperate to stop it.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Last time it was talked about, without us mentioned, I was calling it everything under the sun.

Completely hypocritical, but if we were offered it, then I think my mind would change.

The one thing that kinda swings it for me is that it sounds like the English clubs will be excluded.

As you say, the EPL is a superleague in all but name. The current system is broken as it is. This would be a rival to it and even the score a bit.

🤣