Rangers in Euro Super League (Staying in Scotland - Leaving Uefa Comps)

Join Euro League?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Should we join if offered?

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We've had away days at Dortmund, Belgrade, Leipzig, PSV, Ajax and Liverpool in the past 8 months...

Was at all of those and if we had got through or dropped into the Europa I'd be genuinely struggling to get to any others this season let alone go through a full season of away trips overseas. A Super League where we were out of Scotland would destroy our away support.

I don't think many of our fans would also take well to never being in the hunt of winning much ever again and likely sitting in the lower half of the table.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Was at all of those and if we had got through or dropped into the Europa I'd be genuinely struggling to get to any others this season let alone go through a full season of away trips overseas. A Super League where we were out of Scotland would destroy our away support.

I don't think many of our fans would also take well to never being in the hunt of winning much ever again and likely sitting in the lower half of the table.

I was still paying off last seasons Europa run last month :lol: 

They absolutely wouldn't, once the novelty wore off people would get bored of it.

1 minute ago, Bigdave30 said:

We can still go to Firpark and the SanSiro? Result.

We've been to Fir Park and Napoli within the past 2 weeks so aye it is a possibility.

Don't know why you're trying to downplay domestic away days, one of the most enjoyable things about being a Rangers supporter.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

We've been to Fir Park and Napoli within the past 2 weeks so aye it is a possibility.

Don't know why you're trying to downplay domestic away days, one of the most enjoyable things about being a Rangers supporter.

I don’t know why you are getting your knickers in a twist about a flippant sarcastic comment I made about the San Siro being a more desirable destination than Motherwell 😂

Bit conflicted, but I have voted yes here due to the obvious increase to the clubs finances this should bring, and the concerns that the richest clubs and leagues in the world are only going to get richer.

We shouldn't be left further behind. It would obviously have to be balanced here in terms of it being either an additional competition or replacing / competing with the Champions League. 

58 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

I doubt it would become completely boring, It would take the shine off the novelty factor, In honesty if the financial gap is only going to widen under the current setup and if this seasons performance in the CL is anything to go by then I would seriously consider any options which could shrink the financial/quality gap between ourselves and European elite.

It would definitely see home supports being far more dominant in terms of numbers and away days being a luxury or holiday to the average supporter.

There would be very few to no supporters able to travel to all games.

The pros and cons need seriously weighed up if a deal ever materialises.

Not for me. No interest.

Difficult one to vote on given the lack of information as to how any euro league would operate alongside domestic competition. 

Depending on how strong the rumours are or how likely it would happen, you can understand the potential American investors wanting to get in at 25p per share