Alex Lowry

nik2402

8 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

People say this every single time we change managers tbh.

It’s always made out that we have all these things first team ready youngsters who are being held back by the manager and it’s always “the next man will give more youth a chance” but realistically it hardly ever happens. 

I get that but I think that guys like Davis (37), Arfield (34), Jack (31), McGregor (53) will be gone and we will have such a rebuilding job to do that we need to capitalise on any of our youngsters who have any signs of promise.

Lowry, Devine, King, Ure, Lovelace, McCann all need to be properly assessed and given a chance or moved on.

I also hope that Morelos, Kent and Kamara can be revitalised to the point where we at least get some money for them. If they get back to their very best, you’d never sell them tbh.

Thats just another challenge facing the new guy.

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I get that but I think that guys like Davis (37), Arfield (34), Jack (31), McGregor (53) will be gone and we will have such a rebuilding job to do that we need to capitalise on any of our youngsters who have any signs of promise.

Lowry, Devine, King, Ure, Lovelace, McCann all need to be properly assessed and given a chance or moved on.

I also hope that Morelos, Kent and Kamara can be revitalised to the point where we at least get some money for them. If they get back to their very best, you’d never sell them tbh.

Lovelace has just fucking turned 16.

I think it's a bit early to be saying "bin him if he is not ready to start 30 games a season!".

FFS folk, calm doon.

34 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Guys like him and McCann must be delighted that Gio is away.

Gave them a glimmer of hope then reverted back to the cast of Cocoon time and again.

22 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

People say this every single time we change managers tbh.

It’s always made out that we have all these things first team ready youngsters who are being held back by the manager and it’s always “the next man will give more youth a chance” but realistically it hardly ever happens. 

McCann hasn’t been very good is probably the main reason he hasn’t played much. 

26 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Lovelace has just fucking turned 16.

I think it's a bit early to be saying "bin him if he is not ready to start 30 games a season!".

FFS folk, calm soon.

Pretty sure that’s not what I said.

Some of our youngsters have the potential to become the next Patterson, others will move on because they’ve been considered not good enough. A manager has to be brave enough to play youngsters and not play safe with guys in their thirties.

That was just another of van Bronckhorst’s weaknesses.

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Some of our youngsters have the potential to become the next Patterson, others will move on because they’ve been considered not good enough. A manager has to be brave enough to play youngsters and not play safe with guys in their thirties.

I think he gave a few opportunities, but for one reason or another they never fully grasped them. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

McCann hasn’t been very good is probably the main reason he hasn’t played much. 

Yeah, you are right. He was bang average in the 45 minutes or so he has been given this year. Time to move on, he is not good enough. Just like Lowry for that bad pass 75 yards from the goal.

Very fickle

In reality, Jack & Lowry are currently in Dubai with a strength and conditioning coach doing extra training in prep for the second half of the season.

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

You specifically said that Lovelace, the 16 year old has to be assessed, and if he is not good enough yet to be given a chance, move him on.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

You specifically said that Lovelace, the 16 year old has to be assessed, and if he is not good enough yet to be given a chance, move him on.

Just seen Bellingham shine in the World Cup at 19, playing in the Bundesliga since he was 17.

Might be that the best thing for Lovelace is a season on loan but watching an overweight disinterested Morelos waddle back into the squad ahead of him isn’t exactly motivational 

4 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Just seen Bellingham shine in the World Cup at 19, playing in the Bundesliga since he was 17.

Might be that the best thing for Lovelace is a season on loan but watching an overweight disinterested Morelos waddle back into the squad ahead of him isn’t exactly motivational 

Aye but bellingham doesn't have the pressure of playing for us in must win games, and by time he's 23 he will be burned out with a host of injuries. Same as haaland pedri etc. Some of the wild reasons I keep reading in here. 

If your good enough then you start, if not then your clearly not good enough. Would love to see some trust put in younger players at times. Shame Lawry is a tarrier tho so can't really take to him

11 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

It’s really difficult to blood young players into the Rangers team because of the week in, week out demand to keep winning games.  We’ve seen that with King, who looks a good prospect to me, but has already been savaged by some parts of the support for errors he has made in games he really wasn’t ready to play in.
Although, we are 9points of in the league, and it is probably unrealistic to believe we can pull that back, I can’t see the new manager being given much leeway in requiring to win matches between now to the end of the season.  In those circumstances can’t see youngsters been given too many opportunities.  

3 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

It’s really difficult to blood young players into the Rangers team because of the week in, week out demand to keep winning games.  We’ve seen that with King, who looks a good prospect to me, but has already been savaged by some parts of the support for errors he has made in games he really wasn’t ready to play in.
Although, we are 9points of in the league, and it is probably unrealistic to believe we can pull that back, I can’t see the new manager being given much leeway in requiring to win matches between now to the end of the season.  In those circumstances can’t see youngsters been given too many opportunities.  

Agree with some of that but the senior pros getting the nod, presumably because they’re seen as somehow less risky, fails when they look tired and disinterested while the youngsters would surely go all out to impress?

• 4 months later...