Alex Lowry

nik2402

56 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Forget the pass! We have nobody capable of taking the ball on the turn in transition. Well Kamara of old could.

if that’s Davis, Arfield, Lundstrum, Sands or Jack that’s going straight back to Barisic!

I'd just get rid of Lowry, obviously he is shite, has a bad attitude (so someone said) and isn't fit :sarcasm:

Problem being he probably thinks he has the ability and talent to start games, but, barring his injury, doesn't get the chance, under a boring manager! 

18 months playing to the level he's capable of and Lowry becomes our biggest asset, possibly even surpassing Bassey's fee

He needs to focus 100% on his career and in return we need to give him the stage to perform

Most gifted young talent since Ian Durrant

18 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

It's far too early to say he's anywhere near Durrants. I remember growing up and Durrant was and probably could have been the best player Scotland ever produced. 

And it is because of that cunt Simpson, no one was near Durrant at that point, and he still came back and was at a better level than most. What a player! 

Very clever player. Breaking lines and popping up in the box was trademark Durrant.

2 hours ago, teddybear1975 said:

Very clever player. Breaking lines and popping up in the box was trademark Durrant.

He done that so well, not just scoring but winning penalties, he was ahead of his time, what you would call an attacking midfielder. 

An excellent player (not ruined) but curtailed by that utter cunt. He cost the Scotland team a guy that would have won 'X' amount of caps, and back then people actually bothered about the national team, not the shit show it is now. 

1 hour ago, ayrshireranger said:

86-88, unplayable. And Derek Ferguson was up there with him. 

Aye, if Ferguson could have screwed the nut, he knows that now tbh, he was a great player. What a midfield: Durrant, Ferguson, Souness, Cooper. Ffs! 

All lowry needs to do is watch the Gazza documentary to see how off field antics can ruin you, then watch the Messi documentary to see how a gifted talent focused solely on his career can work out. 

I'm not saying he'll get anywhere near these levels but young players have tenancy to think they've made it just because of a few 1st team appearances............in actual fact that is where the real hard work starts. 

On 17/11/2022 at 21:50, the cry was no said:

18 months playing to the level he's capable of and Lowry becomes our biggest asset, possibly even surpassing Bassey's fee

He needs to focus 100% on his career and in return we need to give him the stage to perform

Fuckin hell man 😂😂😂

It says a lot about how good Durrant was that after that injury he played zero meaningful football at ages 22, 23 and a big chunk of 24, and wasn't really back as an injury free player until he was 25...... Then still went on to have a hall of fame Rangers career.

Lowry has potential, if he kicks on I don't see any reason why he couldn't become a first team regular and saleable asset. Durrant however was proving his potential and was well on his way to being a top, top player. Lowry is nowhere near that yet.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

It says a lot about how good Durrant was that after that injury he played zero meaningful football at ages 22, 23 and a big chunk of 24, and wasn't really back as an injury free player until he was 25...... Then still went on to have a hall of fame Rangers career.

Lowry has potential, if he kicks on I don't see any reason why he couldn't become a first team regular and saleable asset. Durrant however was proving his potential and was well on his way to being a top, top player. Lowry is nowhere near that yet.

Durrant was the one of the most sought after young players on the planet, at 19 he was a first pick in a very good Rangers side. The comparison is both baffling and embarrassing. Best talent since Durrant ffs😂 Sandy fuckin Robertson showed as much potential 😂

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

Durrant was the one of the most sought after young players on the planet, at 19 he was a first pick in a very good Rangers side. The comparison is both baffling and embarrassing. Best talent since Durrant ffs😂 Sandy fuckin Robertson showed as much potential 😂

Still cannot square that baby-faced wee lad with the nasty wee **** he turned out to be. Or maybe already was. 

Agree with most of that but he must improve when we're out of possession . He is lazy and also too casual on the ball. His last appearance was v Ajax where he cost us the 3rd goal through carelessness. 

16 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Agree with most of that but he must improve when we're out of possession . He is lazy and also too casual on the ball. His last appearance was v Ajax where he cost us the 3rd goal through carelessness. 

He misplaced a pass 75 yards from our goal by trying to play a forward pass. It's nitpicking to say he was responsible for that goal.

So Tillman is lazy and now Lowry is lazy? I'm not buying any of this. They are skillful players told to play further up the field. 

It's time to support our young creative players instead of being so critical (see Hagi)

Fucking hell that's mental

52 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He misplaced a pass 75 yards from our goal by trying to play a forward pass. It's nitpicking to say he was responsible for that goal.

So Tillman is lazy and now Lowry is lazy? I'm not buying any of this. They are skillful players told to play further up the field. 

It's time to support our young creative players instead of being so critical (see Hagi)

I'm a big fan of Lowry but I stand by him having to improve off the ball.

1 hour ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

Some people just want to always find the worst in our youngsters.

Where’s others want to put them on  pedestals after about 15mins and start drawing comparisons to Ian Durrant, as well as Nathan Patterson like transfer fee’s. 

4 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Fucking hell that's mental

Time will tell

Less than two years ago, at the time of the Covid breech in Feb 21,  I was laughed at for saying Bassey was "potentially" our biggest asset and should be playing ahead of Borna and that Patterson was "potentially" worth millions (many wanted to show them both the door)

This time last year the out of form Borna was still playing and Bassey had played limited football. Injuries gave him his chance and he never looked back.

When he turned 21 Bassey had played 12 senior games (9 starts)

He had pace, strength, power and decent skills but most of all he had a great attitude and determination to be the best he could be. 

Lowry has outstanding natural ability and skills, he'll never have Bassey's physical attributes but that's not his game. If he has Bassey's attitude he has the world at his feet

Personally I see a fair bit of a young Durrant in him, including the gallus style and natural ability

Whether he fulfils his potential is largely down to him and partly down to Gio (or another manager) giving him a stage

That's my view, you might think it's mental but I couldn't care less 

10 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Guys like him and McCann must be delighted that Gio is away.

Gave them a glimmer of hope then reverted back to the cast of Cocoon time and again.

People say this every single time we change managers tbh.

It’s always made out that we have all these things first team ready youngsters who are being held back by the manager and it’s always “the next man will give more youth a chance” but realistically it hardly ever happens.