Alex Lowry

nik2402

Was wondering if anyone who was at the game last night? Listened to the report on the game on Heart and Hand and it was described as the worst performance they had seen at that level.  Said he never wanted the ball, didn’t look interested, gave away a penalty, missed a penalty and got caught on the ball for a goal also. 

Seen people wanting him playing for the first team even after he came back unfit in pre season. Seems to have an attitude problem from what is developing. Really worrying such a talented boy is potentially going to ruin a chance to play for Rangers because of attitude rather than ability. 

Been many before him who had ability and many after but never made it because of mentality. Hopefully it’s not the case and he can show what he has.

44 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Was wondering if anyone who was at the game last night? Listened to the report on the game on Heart and Hand and it was described as the worst performance they had seen at that level.  Said he never wanted the ball, didn’t look interested, gave away a penalty, missed a penalty and got caught on the ball for a goal also. 

Seen people wanting him playing for the first team even after he came back unfit in pre season. Seems to have an attitude problem from what is developing. Really worrying such a talented boy is potentially going to ruin a chance to play for Rangers because of attitude rather than ability. 

Been many before him who had ability and many after but never made it because of mentality. Hopefully it’s not the case and he can show what he has.

After watching the two centre halves and 3 midfielders in Saturdays B game he must’ve been really,really bad.

Clearly got a bad attitude and isn't responding well to us, rightly, calling him on it. Wouldn't be the first young Scottish player to take the huff when he's told to stop boozing and lose a bit of weight. Bags of talent and still a young lad so hopefully he matures a bit soon. Sure he will. 

I don't believe Alex Lowry has been man-managed properly and his slump in form is a result of it. 

We talk about Lawrence's injury being avoidable as he should have been substituted. The same goes for Lowry. One of Scotland's biggest prospects was still on the park in the 94th minute when up 6-1 and then gets a very bad injury. Again, poor man-management.

I heard he showed up to training overweight. Some of our first-team players are still currently overweight. The bad attitude has probably grown in stature without any real substance.

It's sad to see because it sounds like he is nowhere near Gio's team.

When it comes to Alex Lowry i have some issues.

1. If our squad was performing to their ability's and playing well then Alex Lowry could play with the B team and no one would really take interest in his form unless you follow the B Team. (And obv we are interested in the future before anyone has a bite)

2. This young boy has came back from an injury that could have been a career ender (we all seen the tackle) so he needs to ease back into playing.

3. When you come back from an injury as a player your confidence can take a huge denting and you can be more cautious of going into tackles etc (human natural instinct) 

4. This young boy got some abuse for the short display he had against Ajax. Why? His last game before that was against fucking Gala Fairydean in the Lowland league :lol:

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't believe Alex Lowry has been man-managed properly and his slump in form is a result of it. 

We talk about Lawrence's injury being avoidable as he should have been substituted. The same goes for Lowry. One of Scotland's biggest prostpects was still on the park in the 94th minute when up 6-1 and then gets a very bad injury. Again, poor man-management.

I heard he showed up to training overweight. Some of our first-team players are still currently overweight. The bad attitude has probably grown in starture without any real substance.

After missing the penalty last night and how bad things have been lately i would give him a place on the bench tonight as a pick me up.

If we end up winning and going in front give him a cameo.

1 minute ago, BlueVanguard said:

After missing the penalty last night and how bad things have been lately i would give him a place on the bench tonight as a pick me up.

If we end up winning and going in front give him a cameo.

He played 90 minutes last night mate. I know he is a young lad, but he is not a machine.

Just now, bluenoz said:

He played 90 minutes last night mate. I know he is a young lad, but he is not a machine.

I thought he came on as a sub?

Well if he played 90mins then its an arm over the shoulder from Gio and a talking to by the Captain and other first team players to tell him to keep the head up

Probably already happening i am just going by my experiences in football when i was younger.

55 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We talk about Lawrence's injury being avoidable as he should have been substituted. The same goes for Lowry. One of Scotland's biggest prospects was still on the park in the 94th minute when up 6-1 and then gets a very bad injury. Again, poor man-management.

I heard he showed up to training overweight. Some of our first-team players are still currently overweight. The bad attitude has probably grown in stature without any real substance.

I'd throw Hagi's injury in there as could have been avoided also.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Putting it mildly he was really bad. No sugar coating it at all. It was that bad at one point the Hamilton fans were laughing and jeering when he completely sclaffed a through ball to no one towards the end of the game and a got a good few audible for fucks sakes from some of our fans.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he didn't look interested and didn't want the ball though. I think that is a fundamental misunderstanding of how he plays and I'd even question the footballing knowledge of anyone who claims that. Last night he came short a few times when our CBs had the ball but he was telling them to play it elsewhere first even though he's the easiest option. That may look like he doesn't want the ball but its so he can get the ball in a more favourable position from the second pass. His intelligence in that regard is miles above anyone else in that team.

The best way to describe him as a player is like an old school South American no 10 - like say a Riquelme (I'm not going to claim he's as good as him or has that kind of potential, I'm just using that as an example where 99% of people will know the type of player I'm talking about). He's quite static and wants the ball to his feet in positions that are favourable to him to get into the game, once he gets the ball he becomes more dynamic. He did a couple of wee tricks then skinned three of their players in the middle of the park early doors for example.

He is poor when we aren't in possession - he doesn't have the best of workrates. Having said that he did really well to track a runner into the box and stop a goal scoring opportunity at one point. 

The three critical mistakes he made though were all about concentration and making the wrong decisions in the wrong places at the wrong time. He needs to learn from that as well as improve his effort off the ball when we are out of possession.

It's all down to him - his career is what he wants to make of it. But it's easy to see why he isn't in the first team picture at the moment.

Cheers for this mate 👍🏻

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Players that are overweight is on them and their professionalism - not on the coaching team. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Players that are overweight is on them and their professionalism - not on the coaching team. 

So a coaching staff just allow them to show up overweight? It is their responsibility to monitor players. Babysit them if you like.