Alex Lowry

nik2402

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So a coaching staff just allow them to show up overweight? It is their responsibility to monitor players. Babysit them if you like.

Athletes wanting to aspire and be the best they can will look after themselves all the time and not rely on others. 

Our coaches can tell them and instruct them about downtime and injury phases about weight and health but can’t sit at their dinner table snatching their Dominoes off them ffs 

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So a coaching staff just allow them to show up overweight? It is their responsibility to monitor players. Babysit them if you like.

I have it on good authority that the one thing our manager really tries to impress on players is their lifestyle choices, eating and drinking habits and their individual responsibilities fitness wise as professional footballers.

@psb07158 will back me up on that.

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Athletes wanting to aspire and be the best they can will look after themselves all the time and not rely on others. 

Our coaches can tell them and instruct them about downtime and injury phases about weight and health but can’t sit at their dinner table snatching their Dominoes off them ffs 

So what are we paying coaches for if they are not monitoring players? Young men making scads of money need guidance.

If George Best had better mentoring perhaps he would have played past 28.

Lowry has the God-given talent but it appears he needs guidance.

As I said in my first post, I don't think he has been properly man-managed.

Of course, a lot of it is on the player.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I have it on good authority that the one thing our manager really tries to impress on players is their lifestyle choices, eating and drinking habits and their individual responsibilities fitness wise as professional footballers.

Gio can't do it all mate. I do wonder about his staff at times.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I read somewhere, Twitter or FF I think that it was Lowry’s drinking that GVB was annoyed at

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So what are we paying coaches for if they are not monitoring players? Young men making scads of money need guidance.

If George Best had better mentoring perhaps he would have played past 28.

Lowry has the God-given talent but it appears he needs guidance.

As I said in my first post, I don't think he has been properly man-managed.

Of course, a lot of it is on the player.

The staff and other players can only do so much though. No one can be with him 24/7 and tbh no matter how much talent he has, if he doesn’t take playing for Rangers serious enough to look after himself properly then he doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near the first team.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I read somewhere, Twitter or FF I think that it was Lowry’s drinking that GVB was annoyed at

Think he has been annoyed at a few players for that. Morelos is an obvious one as that came out in public. Tbh never heard that about Lowry, only read it on FF. 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I don't believe Alex Lowry has been man-managed properly and his slump in form is a result of it. 

We talk about Lawrence's injury being avoidable as he should have been substituted. The same goes for Lowry. One of Scotland's biggest prospects was still on the park in the 94th minute when up 6-1 and then gets a very bad injury. Again, poor man-management.

I heard he showed up to training overweight. Some of our first-team players are still currently overweight. The bad attitude has probably grown in stature without any real substance.

It's sad to see because it sounds like he is nowhere near Gio's team.

I actually see eye to eye with you on Lowry. Genuinely believe he is exactly what we need and have been so excited about him crying out for us to bring him on. However I don't think there is anyone to blame here other than the kid himself. If he has shown up to training overweight with a bad attitude then the manager can't really play him mainly for the message it sends to the other youths and first team.

2 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

I find it mental that you can be at Rangers at that age and have all that ability and not be 100% professional. With all the money that can be made in todays football. 

Scottish kids mate.

Too  much, too young in a stinking culture.

The vast majority here will never amount to anything. At least in the youth brackets in the EPL etc, it will be filled with exceptional talent who will be in competition with each other to try and get to the top.

Here most of their team mates are likely to go on to play for Annan or the likes whilst working as a plasterer.

12 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I actually see eye to eye with you on Lowry. Genuinely believe he is exactly what we need and have been so excited about him crying out for us to bring him on. However I don't think there is anyone to blame here other than the kid himself. If he has shown up to training overweight with a bad attitude then the manager can't really play him mainly for the message it sends to the other youths and first team.

All 19 yr olds need some guidance in life and some more than others. I know I did.

I'm not dismissing the kid is to blame for some of this, but I have little faith in this coaching staff to think they are doing enough.

I guess I'm just disappointed and tonight I have to suffer through watching Arfield, Davis and Lundstram.

38 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

I find it mental that you can be at Rangers at that age and have all that ability and not be 100% professional. With all the money that can be made in todays football. 

Would love to think if I would have been in that position then you would do all the right things but I was a wee dick at that age looking back now 

51 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

All 19 yr olds need some guidance in life and some more than others. I know I did.

I'm not dismissing the kid is to blame for some of this, but I have little faith in this coaching staff to think they are doing enough.

I guess I'm just disappointed and tonight I have to suffer through watching Arfield, Davis and Lundstram.

We’ve got goalkeeping coaches,defensive coaches and mackay who works with Morelos and sakala obviously a shower of wage thieves.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Management style working wonders then.....

The only benefit I could see of renewing the contracts of Davis, McGregor and Arfield was to have them as senior pros in the dressing room setting Rangers standards, cultural architects. However, with the state of Morelos, Mattondo, Kamara and Lowry's professionalism its clearly not working...

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Without a doubt, and Im sure he is getting plenty of guidance, but when he leaves the training centre and goes home, there is nobody there to enforce it. He is making his own choices.. He has such an amazing opportunity to go and have the life that most dream of but its only he that can go and do it. Guidance means nothing if you dont take it on board.