The anger needs to be aimed at the board

We were all told time after time the board were putting money in and it would be converted to shares which was more bullshit , they will all be repaid with interest. Can just see them light up when they knew how much we were getting for Bassey and Aribo.

The lot of them are charlatans , and fans stopping the flow of cash into the club is the only way they will clear out , and that wont happen either and they know it.

58 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Right now would you swap our board for the US investors that are eyeing us up for a takeover?

If there was a billionaire Rangers fan sitting in the wings, I would agree with you, but there isnt. There is a dodgy bunch sitting, eyeing up the situation.

Who knows, they might have grand plans for us, but my gut is saying stay well clear.

Am I right in saying the CL, Bassey and Aribo money will be in next year's accounts, so probably won't look too shabby. 

The year afters might not look so promising if this season goes to shit though. So rather than building from a position of strength, we'll have 2 years of good reading then it may start to downward spiral, if we don't make the "hard" decisions. 

I'm in agreement with you regarding the US investors though. 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Right now would you swap our board for the US investors that are eyeing us up for a takeover?

If there was a billionaire Rangers fan sitting in the wings, I would agree with you, but there isnt. There is a dodgy bunch sitting, eyeing up the situation.

Who knows, they might have grand plans for us, but my gut is saying stay well clear.

Whatever mess we're in now, will not get better jumping in with those asset strippers! They'll fucking sell the stadium from under us the lot.

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

We were all told time after time the board were putting money in and it would be converted to shares which was more bullshit , they will all be repaid with interest. Can just see them light up when they knew how much we were getting for Bassey and Aribo.

The lot of them are charlatans , and fans stopping the flow of cash into the club is the only way they will clear out , and that wont happen either and they know it.

Get what you are saying mate, but at the end of the day they are businesses men, and like everything else, it's all about money. 

The AGM will come & go like all previous ones have in good times or bad. 

They will have an answer ready for ANY question asked of them. 

That’s not me endorsing or supporting them but when I try & think of the most cutting or awkward questions they’ll be asked I can just about script the reply we’ll be getting. 

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Apart from morelos bid we knocked back, and the two player sales plus patterson, what actual confirmed bids have we had

All good saying punt them, but to who, who bidded for them 

You misunderstood what I was saying we had sellable assets player wise but now I wouldn't say we've got a single player that other clubs would be willing to pay a decent fee for. The board wanted to implement a player trading model buy cheap sell high but from having numerous sellable assets to having none shows how poorly they've implemented that model. 

4 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

You misunderstood what I was saying we had sellable assets player wise but now I wouldn't say we've got a single player that other clubs would be willing to pay a decent fee for. The board wanted to implement a player trading model buy cheap sell high but from having numerous sellable assets to having none shows how poorly they've implemented that model. 

After we sold Aribo & Bassey our three most sellable assets became Kamara, Kent & Morelos and now they are three of our worst and most checked out players and three players who we would be lucky to get a combined five million for. It’s shambolic management and leadership that we let things get to the stage they have with those three.

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

They are only concerned with the accounts couldn’t give a fuck that Gio is destroying us.

My old man was in the directors box on Wednesday night. Said they were walking about congratulating each other. Great figures etc. Whilst watching that shite on the park. They do not care.

1 minute ago, nik2402 said:

My old man was in the directors box on Wednesday night. Said they were walking about congratulating each other. Great figures etc. Whilst watching that shite on the park. They do not care.

Well if that's true we are fucked for the foreseeable.

We as fans have to act now or face them getting to 56 in the next few seasons. 

3 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

I don't think anyone risks millions of pounds of their own money into something they do not care about 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Bit dangerous to be venting so freely at the board when there are a group of dodgy yanks eyeing us up for a takeover.

Right now the question has to be who you trust more, our current board who have finally turned our accounts to looking somewhat decent and we are standing on our own two feet, or taking a gamble and going with a bunch of Americans.

As it stands, I want Gio replaced, but I would rather a board who I know to be willing to put their hands in their pockets to keep us afloat, rather than the alternative.

Sure, Wilson and the exec's need a boot in the balls and I would not care one bit if they were replaced, but our fans wont distinguish between the exec and non exec board when we are screaming at an AGM.

It's a fair point. The minimum change we need to force right now is a new manager and Robertson and Wilson out the door. 

32 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

After we sold Aribo & Bassey our three most sellable assets became Kamara, Kent & Morelos and now they are three of our worst and most checked out players and three players who we would be lucky to get a combined five million for. It’s shambolic management and leadership that we let things get to the stage they have with those three.

Morelos and kent in the summer not so much given clubs could wait 6 months and get them on a free, apart from kamara and possibly lundstram given how he finished the season, i agree we have little to fuck all left

The board are first and foremost businessmen and have done a decent job in that role. But they know nothing about how the game should be played.

Bar the cups the season is over and an immediate management change is required. Even if they are only fans they can see what the rest of us fans do. If Gio will not resign then sack him. Planning for next season has to start now.

They aren’t charlatans, they all want what’s best for Rangers and have put a lot of their cash into us, even loaning us money when they could invest it elsewhere for better returns. 

But they’ve misplaced waaaay too much faith in Ross Wilson, who needs booted as well as Gio

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

We're continually told about them putting in their own money and how it was low interest or converting to shares, why then did they take the money back out the club at the very first opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

They aren’t charlatans, they all want what’s best for Rangers and have put a lot of their cash into us, even loaning us money when they could invest it elsewhere for better returns. 

But they’ve misplaced waaaay too much faith in Ross Wilson, who needs booted as well as Gio

Ross Wilson is a charlatan for sure.

3 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I'd love to believe this but I genuinely think that dof position was a tick box. So it's done. Now they don't have to answer any questions about anything below that.

Will they bin Wilson? The useless bastard that could easily be replaced by Stevie from IT?

Maybe.but I fear, and think, it will be batten down the hatches and let the world cup take up the back pages over the next few weeks .

The season is fucked guys. How fucked we are and for how fucking long is the only question 

2 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

We all knew where this was going after the Liverpool game. Every single one of us. There was 2 points between us and them at that point but these useless bastards have allowed things to go from bad to worse and now the league is gone at the world cup break. Gio is useless and should be gone tonight but our problems are far deeper than that. These bastards deserve absolute hell at the AGM, they are slowly destroying our club.

Have you ever heard of a management team and a board of directors at any club being replaced at the same time? It doesn't happen and it won't happen anytime soon at Ibrox, even though the present regime is a total clusterfcuk. I don't have the answers and I don't think anyone does. All I know is that it is going to be a long, slow and painful journey to sort this out, there is no easy solution I regret to say. 

I’d have a lot more respect for them if Ross Wilson was given his marching orders soon.

It’s ridiculous if he’s allowed to continue into the next window. Our transfer business has been shocking since he’s arrived. Everything from leagues we shop in, loan deals, age and injury prone players, identifying and replacing players who don’t want to be here. The list is long.

It was plain to see that Gio should have been let go after Liverpool. Can just about allow them a pass for that if he is gone soon. I’d say the league was probably a step too far this year anyways.

But Ross Wilson still being involved is setting us back years. His involvement might not only cost us the league this year. But maybe next year and after. The state of the squad is a disgrace. A new manager has some job.