Zak Lovelace

ElBufalo20

20 minutes ago, beararse said:

I’m in full agreement with you. Maybe just didn’t word my reply properly.

if they’re good enough they should be playing. They don’t need to be world class, just better than we have, which most certainly aren’t world class 

Given manager after manager haven't flooded the team with youngsters, and very few have gone onto have successful careers, it probably telly you they aren't good enough, or better than what we have.

30 minutes ago, beararse said:

I’m in full agreement with you. Maybe just didn’t word my reply properly.

if they’re good enough they should be playing. They don’t need to be world class, just better than we have, which most certainly aren’t world class 

They struggle against Hamilton. One or two can be bled in slowly they’re not going to be starters. :lol:

Just because he’s a big lad doesn’t mean he’s ready to play senior first team football

Plus, can you imagine being a 16 year old with the whole of Ibrox on top of you for missing a huge chance in a must win game?

Its a certain way to ruin a player and severely dent a young man’s confidence.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Really strange obsession in our support with wanting to play loads of youngsters but at the same time compete for league titles. It won’t happen.

A bit of a stretch to say folk are wanting to play ‘loads of youngsters’ when they are hoping two or three make a breakthrough.

Incidentally, we’d be a far better and more competitive team this season had we not sold two of the youngest members of our squad last season. Bassey (22) and Patterson (21) were also sold for record club fees.

If they’re good enough, their age doesn’t matter.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

They struggle against Hamilton. One or two can be bled in slowly they’re not going to be starters. :lol:

As I said, IF they’re better than the team mate they are competing with for a place in the team then they should play, regardless of their age. If they aren’t, then they stay on the bench. Quite simple really.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

As I said, IF they’re better than the team mate they are competing with for a place in the team then they should play, regardless of their age. If they aren’t, then they stay on the bench. Quite simple really.

I think that’s the case, though. We all wanted to see King but he doesn’t look as good as Goldson, Davies, etc. and if any of the lads in the B team were better than Wright and Arfield then we’d be calling them £20 million players. It’s frustrating when Davis gets brought on for the last 20 ahead of Lowry or whatever when we’re 3-0 up but I don’t think anybody is being dramatically underused based on their current ability. 

9 minutes ago, beararse said:

If they’re better they’d already be playing. Do you think Gio wanted to be sacked?

4 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I think that’s the case, though. We all wanted to see King but he doesn’t look as good as Goldson, Davies, etc. and if any of the lads in the B team were better than Wright and Arfield then we’d be calling them £20 million players. It’s frustrating when Davis gets brought on for the last 20 ahead of Lowry or whatever when we’re 3-0 up but I don’t think anybody is being dramatically underused based on their current ability. 

Too many people live in fantasy FIFA/FM land where if their stats are high they should be playing.

I wish it was that simple their game time needs managed, they still need to build up physically and the consistency doesn’t come till later either. 

On 27/11/2022 at 22:29, ElBufalo20 said:

Clearly still very young but has come up here with a huge reputation.

He’s already played in the English Championship which is on par with the league here so surely good enough in our league.

I’ve not seen enough of the B team. I’d like someone who watches on a regular basis if he’s a standout.

We’re not a club who has a great history of throwing in youngsters but I think he’s a player who could be good enough to be involved in and around the first team.

What’s everyone else’s thoughts 

I don’t think now is the time.

Our experienced forwards have been struggling with the shite level of service that’s currently on offer. Throwing an inexperienced youngster into the mix will likely only be to their detriment. Look at how quickly some fans have turned on King and McCann over the last few months.

The whole if they are good enough then age doesn’t matter attitude is very dangerous… a lot of 16-20 years old have bags of talent but still fall short mentally(I don’t mean they are lazy or have bad attitudes).
Kids at this age are still developing not only in football but also as a human…becoming adults. There’s a lot of changes happening in their lives all at once and at this stage very few are equipped to handle the pressures of playing for a club that has to win every week.

When the team is playing well bleeding youngsters is alot easier… But chucking them into the deep end of a cauldron is a massive, massive risk. Not only for us… but also with the kids career.

This is why Rangers managers historically stick with their seasoned pros… because even when they aren’t playing well they are mentally strong enough to handle the pressure, criticism and abuse.

53 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

To be fair to King, he’s had to play along side the likes of Sands and Lundstram in defence whilst playing the best teams we’ve faced in 10-15 years.

50 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

If they’re better they’d already be playing. Do you think Gio wanted to be sacked?

At no point have I said they are better or that any of the youngsters should be playing. 
I stated age shouldn’t be a barrier.

17 minutes ago, beararse said:

At no point have I said they are better or that any of the youngsters should be playing. 
I stated age shouldn’t be a barrier.

That’s up there with “Beale will either be a success or a failure” for wisdom then. 

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Really strange obsession in our support with wanting to play loads of youngsters but at the same time compete for league titles. It won’t happen.

It’s the default ‘get them all to fuck’ mode that some have.

Alex Lowry has become Messi on here, despite returning back for preseason well out of shape and miles off the first team 11.

4 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Fixed that for you.

Lunstrum and tav havent been injured?

Where is the evidence both are taking pain killing i jections etc? The likes of gough n bomber use to do back in the day.

These players dont do that now especislly ones that dont wear their heart on their sleeve.

45 minutes ago, beararse said:

To be fair to King, he’s had to play along side the likes of Sands and Lundstram in defence whilst playing the best teams we’ve faced in 10-15 years.

He obviously has talent but think it shows the difference in a good prospect and a regular first team player. It’s the mental side of things as much as anything. 

5 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

He obviously has talent but think it shows the difference in a good prospect and a regular first team player. It’s the mental side of things as much as anything. 

Harsh probably given what he’s been thrown into, but he’s yet to show it really. More on his reputation as a talent that folk say it, rather than what he’s done on the park. 

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Harsh probably given what he’s been thrown into, but he’s yet to show it really. More on his reputation as a talent that folk say it, rather than what he’s done on the park. 

Has he been tearing it up?

I haven’t kept track of him at all

16 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Lunstrum and tav havent been injured?

Where is the evidence both are taking pain killing i jections etc? The likes of gough n bomber use to do back in the day.

These players dont do that now especislly ones that dont wear their heart on their sleeve.

Gough and John Brown wouldn’t get a game these days unless they sorted their fitness and diets out.

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Again, why are you going on like he’s not had one good game?