Zak Lovelace

ElBufalo20

13 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

He’s been ok, for an 18 year old in a completely makeshift defence he is doing fine. Bassey made catastrophic errors sometimes with a settled back line.

Woops I meant Lovelace, hadn’t realised the previous post was about King

No doubt in my mind King will come good

2 hours ago, beararse said:

A bit of a stretch to say folk are wanting to play ‘loads of youngsters’ when they are hoping two or three make a breakthrough.

Incidentally, we’d be a far better and more competitive team this season had we not sold two of the youngest members of our squad last season. Bassey (22) and Patterson (21) were also sold for record club fees.

If they’re good enough, their age doesn’t matter.

Bit of a stretch to compare 21 and 22 to 16 aswell 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Liverpool at Anfield despite the penalty, done well after a fuck up for the Aberdeen goal, Hearts at home, three of the top of my head. 

Like I said, some good moments but can’t really class games when you’ve given away a daft pen or been turned inside out like you’re Rob Kieran as ‘good’ IMO.

Was fine against Hearts, but nothing spectacular. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Bit of a stretch to compare 21 and 22 to 16 aswell 

Who's comparing 16 with 21/22? Merely pointing out our two youngest players in the first team squad last season were deemed the most valuable assets. Its fairly obvious, due to the number of times i've said it on this thread, if they're good enough it doesn't matter what age they are. If they are better than what we have then they should play, regardless of whether they are 16/22/35. If they ain't, then don't play them but only being 16 is no reason not to play any of them. You wouldn't have played Derek Johnstone if you applied that logic.

I have no idea whatsoever if Lovelace is any good or not. If he's better than Colak and Morelos then he should play,. If he's not he shouldn't. Dead simple.

14 minutes ago, beararse said:

Who's comparing 16 with 21/22? Merely pointing out our two youngest players in the first team squad last season were deemed the most valuable assets. Its fairly obvious, due to the number of times i've said it on this thread, if they're good enough it doesn't matter what age they are. If they are better than what we have then they should play, regardless of whether they are 16/22/35. If they ain't, then don't play them but only being 16 is no reason not to play any of them. You wouldn't have played Derek Johnstone if you applied that logic.

I have no idea whatsoever if Lovelace is any good or not. If he's better than Colak and Morelos then he should play,. If he's not he shouldn't. Dead simple.

He’s not better and it’s very seldom you’ll find a 16 year old that is ready for first team football. If Lovelace was already ready for that level it wouldn’t have been us signing him from Millwall 

26 minutes ago, beararse said:

The thing is most of them aren’t better than what we have and everybody knows that apart from a few people on the internet who seem to want to hype every youngster who hits a decent spell of form.

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Lunstrum and tav havent been injured?

Where is the evidence both are taking pain killing i jections etc? The likes of gough n bomber use to do back in the day.

These players dont do that now especislly ones that dont wear their heart on their sleeve.

I vaguely recall Lundstram confirming he's be playing with an injury on a podcast I listened to recently. However, I could be making it up though. 

2 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

I vaguely recall Lundstram confirming he's be playing with an injury on a podcast I listened to recently. However, I could be making it up though. 

https://www.ibroxnews.com/2022/10/20/Rangers-john-lundstram-has-been-playing-through-injury-for-weeks/

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The thing is most of them aren’t better than what we have and everybody knows that apart from a few people on the internet who seem to want to hype every youngster who hits a decent spell of form.

If course ‘most’ aren’t. Nobody is looking for ‘most’ to come through.

2 or 3 over the course of 1 or 2 seasons isn’t exactly setting a expectations too high . It should be par got the course otherwise you’ve got to question why we even bother with a youth policy.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

He’s not better and it’s very seldom you’ll find a 16 year old that is ready for first team football. If Lovelace was already ready for that level it wouldn’t have been us signing him from Millwall 

A ‘young’ player isn’t a definition that is simply restricted to 16 year olds. It just so happens that Lovelace is 16 and the topic that this conversation regards young players has developed on. 
it’s not a specific player I’m talking about. It’s the concept that age isn’t a barrier but feel free to focus on one player if it helps your argument. 

10 minutes ago, beararse said:

A ‘young’ player isn’t a definition that is simply restricted to 16 year olds. It just so happens that Lovelace is 16 and the topic that this conversation regards young players has developed on. 
it’s not a specific player I’m talking about. It’s the concept that age isn’t a barrier but feel free to focus on one player if it helps your argument. 

Yes mate, the thread is literally about a specific young player so I will focus on him, thanks.

Not really sure if it’s that beneficial to introduce them too young. First team training (especially when playing twice a week) has a lot more rest, recovery, tactical/opposition scouting, and shape.

Youth team is a lot more time developing players. Tailored programmes on fitness, S&C, developing weaknesses more time on skill development and drills.

By the time you’re in the senior squad you’re doing less touch, passing, shooting drills etc.

Spl is also very physical with far less protection than other leagues. More likely to get injured now with the demands of the press etc that we play now. And they’re also less likely to be playing as much football as they would otherwise. More likely to be used off the bench. 

43 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Yes mate, the thread is literally about a specific young player so I will focus on him, thanks.

You crack on.

A quick glance at the posts just on this particular page and they cover Juan Alegria, Lundstram playing with an injury and the listing of games where King has done well this season but your right, it’s only about Lovelace.

Looking forward to you sticking strictly to the subject matter in all future posts.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

You crack on.

A quick glance at the posts just on this particular page and they cover Juan Alegria, Lundstram playing with an injury and the listing of games where King has done well this season but your right, it’s only about Lovelace.

Looking forward to you sticking strongly to the subject matter in all future posts.

Don’t need your life story mate, just stay on topic 

57 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Not really sure if it’s that beneficial to introduce them too young. First team training (especially when playing twice a week) has a lot more rest, recovery, tactical/opposition scouting, and shape.

Youth team is a lot more time developing players. Tailored programmes on fitness, S&C, developing weaknesses more time on skill development and drills.

By the time you’re in the senior squad you’re doing less touch, passing, shooting drills etc.

Spl is also very physical with far less protection than other leagues. More likely to get injured now with the demands of the press etc that we play now. And they’re also less likely to be playing as much football as they would otherwise. More likely to be used off the bench. 

Lovelace isn’t ready to be in first team squad as very raw but if there’s one thing that wont cause him bother it’s the physicality.

He’s an absolute unit.

• 3 months later...