Zak Lovelace

ElBufalo20

4 minutes ago, 4everGers said:

Hopefully Beale will start to use him in some first team games can't be doing him any good playing him in a lower standard  then he was at Millwall 

He played 24 minutes across five appearances for Millwall - three of which were around one minute each. Let's not pretend the boy was playing regular first-team football at Millwall.

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He played 24 minutes across five appearances for Millwall - three of which were around one minute each. Let's not pretend the boy was playing regular first-team football at Millwall.

No one is he was playing in  the U23s which is a lot higher standard  then our B team league 

10 minutes ago, 4everGers said:

No one is he was playing in  the U23s which is a lot higher standard  then our B team league 

He played around 30 games last season across U16, U18 and U23 football for Millwall. Not sure that playing U16/U18 football for Millwall is a step up from playing senior players every week or in the Youth Champions League.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He played around 30 games last season across U16, U18 and U23 football for Millwall. Not sure that playing U16/U18 football for Millwall is a step up from playing senior players every week or in the Youth Champions League.

He won his way on to the first team bench from the U23s at 15 & the U23s is definitely a lot harder then our youth league 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Our B team don't play in a Youth League.

Sorry I meant our U18s is what i was talking about which is nothing like English Championship U23s standard & Beale will know this 

Hopefully he will give the lad a chance his still only 16 so no rush but it would be good to see what he can do coming off the bench in the odd game 

3 minutes ago, 4everGers said:

Sorry I meant our U18s is what i was talking about which is nothing like English Championship U23s standard & Beale will know this 

Hopefully he will give the lad a chance his still only 16 so no rush but it would be good to see what he can do coming off the bench in the odd game 

So not the B team which he has been a regular starter for?

7 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

So at what age is he allowed to be involved in and around the first team?

He can be on the bench for the odd cup game in the early rounds at this stage. No harm but I don’t want a 16 year old anywhere near a regular first team place for us unless they’re something absolutely brilliant and as someone who watches Millwall from time to time I don’t ever remember my attention being drawn to him 

I watched him several times IMO not nearly ready for the first team someone said earlier possibly on the bench in cup games don't build your hopes up with this guy👌

3 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

This is where we go wrong.

Hes physically built the lad, wayne rooney was 16.

4 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

This is where we go wrong.

Hes physically built the lad, wayne rooney was 16.

Yep.

Thing is folk constantly quote superstars who burst onto the scene at 16 to try and justify their inclusion in the first team.

As much as we’d all like a Wayne Rooney type to suddenly announce themselves on the pitch all we actually need is for young players to be slightly better than those they are likely to be replacing. Age is irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Yep.

Thing is folk constantly quote superstars who burst onto the scene at 16 to try and justify their inclusion in the first team.

As much as we’d all like a Wayne Rooney type to suddenly announce themselves on the pitch all we actually need is for young players to be slightly better than those they are likely to be replacing. Age is irrelevant.

My point is, the worlds top teams have players playing at 18/19.

Id rather blood him than suffer watching morelos struggling to move about the pitch and struggle against the dross of this league.

Saying that the players who downed tools gor GVB, no doubt will get a kick on.now beales in the door.

Kent, morelos possibly, kamara.

lundstrum, tav who have been rotten.

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

People don’t understand that even the Lowland League is more real football against guys who have been in professional football than meaningless youth games.

9 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Id rather blood him than suffer watching morelos struggling to move about the pitch and struggle against the dross of this league.

Saying that the players who downed tools gor GVB, no doubt will get a kick on.now beales in the door.

Kent, morelos possibly, kamara.

lundstrum, tav who have been injured.

Fixed that for you.

17 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

My point is, the worlds top teams have players playing at 18/19.

I’m in full agreement with you. Maybe just didn’t word my reply properly.

if they’re good enough they should be playing. They don’t need to be world class, just better than we have, which most certainly aren’t world class 

19 minutes ago, beararse said:

Yep.

There’s a skill in integrating players at the right time too. It’s a big thing to suddenly become a first team player and the attention that comes with that. Remember reading that Fleck (who people actually WERE comparing to Rooney) just started hitting the clubs all the time.