Zak Lovelace

ElBufalo20

Clearly still very young but has come up here with a huge reputation.

He’s already played in the English Championship which is on par with the league here so surely good enough in our league.

I’ve not seen enough of the B team. I’d like someone who watches on a regular basis if he’s a standout.

We’re not a club who has a great history of throwing in youngsters but I think he’s a player who could be good enough to be involved in and around the first team.

What’s everyone else’s thoughts 

i have watched the b team quite a lot. the lad is big strong quite fast and with a eye for goal. ok you can argue the lowland league is not a great standard but to me he would be worth a place on the bench in certain games and maybe brought on for the later stages. lets be honest he cannot be any worse than matondo wright or sakala who are all mince

13 minutes ago, billscott said:

i have watched the b team quite a lot. the lad is big strong quite fast and with a eye for goal. ok you can argue the lowland league is not a great standard but to me he would be worth a place on the bench in certain games and maybe brought on for the later stages. lets be honest he cannot be any worse than matondo wright or sakala who are all mince

What’s his best role? Through the middle going after through balls or is he more or a target man? Obviously a teenager will be less effective holding it up against two maulers at centre back but how does he play?

Playing in the Lowland League does nothing for the development of our players.

This can be seen in how they perform in cup games against higher league opposition.

Gubbed 3-0 by Hamilton, on the other side of the city, they got gubbed by Dunfermiline.

Young players would develop better by playing alongside more experienced players, not just playing in a team of boys against men.

We need a reserve league where youngsters can play alongside fringe first team players and regular first team players getting a run out after injury.

Then we might know how good Zak and others are, and might see them get better.

15 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

This can be seen in how they perform in cup games against higher league opposition.

Gubbed 3-0 by Hamilton, on the other side of the city, they got gubbed by Dunfermiline.

Young players would develop better by playing alongside more experienced players, not just playing in a team of boys against men.

We need a reserve league where youngsters can play alongside fringe first team players and regular first team players getting a run out after injury.

Aye Spanish football as well as other have it all wrong Pep.

1 hour ago, RoboBearToo said:

I would argue they will learn more from a 3-0 gubbing from Hamilton in that team of boys than a 6-0 victory against East Fife for the first team. 

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

So our kids get turned over by a fully professional Hamilton team and that shows how our set up is not working?

It might you know be because Hamilton are better than our juniors...

Some of our kids will go on to carve out careers for themselves, but no matter if we play lowland, reserves, under 21s or whatever else, many if them just won't ever progress to being anywhere near good enough to play consistently for a team like Hamilton.

Youth development is a game of numbers. If for every 20 failures you have, you can produce one decent prospect, then you are doing well.

It's fuck all to do with our set up. It's to do with the league set up that says we can't have over 21s in the lowland league.

I might be wrong, and I'm not a football manager, so I probably am wrong.

However I think our young players would benefit more if they were playing alongside some of our senior players

13 hours ago, GOAT said:

Spanish teams play against professionals not part time junior level shite.   He’s bang on the button.  

In La Liga 2 maybe. Once they drop into the third tier or below (where the majority of Spanish B teams play) most of them are part-time.