Sydney Super Cup Legal Action

leam_baw

Organisers are just trying to recoup some cash from what was for them a financial disaster. Doubt if we will end up paying anything. My memory may be faulty but as I recall scum jumped the gun and announced it as a done deal before we had agreed. Might have been a verbal agreement but that's all.

25 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Organisers are just trying to recoup some cash from what was for them a financial disaster. Doubt if we will end up paying anything. My memory may be faulty but as I recall scum jumped the gun and announced it as a done deal before we had agreed. Might have been a verbal agreement but that's all.

Your memory is faulty, we had agreed to take part.

26 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Well our court record suggests we're getting pumped again, genuinely as @ForeverAndEversays, the fact people were not sacked for first allowing this shitshow and then the mishandling of the fall out.

Our lawyers are pish. Yet we still use them too.

Exactly and it's now likely to prove very costly as we must have agreed to take part before they started advertising it.

10 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

In principle the board would have agreed given the cash on offer but did pen ever hit paper. That's what I doubt.

These idiots almost definitely signed everything in front of them as soon as cash was offered 

There cant be any other sporting organisation that ends up in court as often and unsuccessfully as we do 

5 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

These idiots almost definitely signed everything in front of them as soon as cash was offered 

There cant be any other sporting organisation that ends up in court as often and unsuccessfully as we do 

I kind of agree with you. I don't know if the business world is different but if I sign a contract then there is a cooling off period (30 days?) when I can just cancel it.

Hopefully our lawyers can argue the case Rangers supporters were dead against ever being involved in the competition from the off and would've refused tickets regardless.

Evidenced by on-field protests disrupting play during domestic league games, our supporters were willing to jeopardize the league to highlight that we were against this.

And that overall, this competition would not have benefited from Rangers' participation, in fact may have exasperated the situation.

But again, I've no faith in our legal team, constantly getting their arse handed back to them.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

Hopefully our lawyers can argue the case Rangers supporters were dead against ever being involved in the competition from the off and would've refused tickets regardless.

Evidenced by on-field protests disrupting play during domestic league games, our supporters were willing to jeopardize the league to highlight that we were against this.

And that overall, this competition would not have benefited from Rangers' participation, in fact may have exasperated the situation.

But again, I've no faith in our legal team, constantly getting their arse handed back to them.

😂

Be as well just paying the money and no bothering going to court if that's the approach we take 

8 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I'm not sure " we made a total cunt of it so please let us off" is much of a defence. I have faith our legal team can put up a better defence than that.

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I'm not sure " we made a total cunt of it so please let us off" is much of a defence. I have faith our legal team can put up a better defence than that.

😂 That's not at all what I said.

Supporters were boycotting regardless, if they're coming for damages etc they need to assert how much they are seeking in compensation.

That fee is diminished or rendered null if they'd have received no beneficial monies from Rangers fulfilling the agreed games.

Jesus are you dense?