Sydney Super Cup Legal Action

leam_baw

1 minute ago, superallysbears said:

Rangers review saying we are counter suing them now.

Hopefully not as we really don't do well in court and will end up costing us more. Whoever on the board that thought having a friendly with them was a good idea needs sacked immediately. 

Serious question here. Has anyone at the club ever actually came out and owned up to thinking that playing the Tarriers in a friendly on the other side of the world was a good idea? Whoever initially agreed to this should have fallen on their sword right away. The board are so out of touch with the fan base that it’s not even funny anymore. Another fucking court case and probably more millions down the toilet given our recent record. We were promised more communication from every corner of the club, but it’s ended up like the secret service. I can’t remember when as a fan I felt so out of the loop. Big changes required. 

So we’ve went from being £4.5m up by playing the friendly to £1.6m down🤨

The tarriers are/will be at least £6.1m better off than us due to this fuck up.

There is zero chance we are winning any court case that’s not against some Mexican alcoholic, we apparently have the worst lawyers in the UK combined with the fact we all know deep down we only pulled out due to backlash nothing to do with breach of contract, if we can all see it so will the Judge.

It should never have been organised in the first place but I’m starting to think once it has been signed we should’ve just bit the bullet and went anyway, £6m plus worse off is a big deal to a club in our position.

It just seems to be fuck up after fuck from our board at the minute, I don’t blame Bisgrove for trying to increase our revenue he’s probably the only one on the board doing a decent job.

But Stewart Robertson undoubtedly needs to go because his management of the club is not up to standard.

There would be little point in challenging the grounds for the case. If we signed a contract we are clearly in breach. The quantum would be interesting to explore. I think its fair to say the organizers would not have made as much with Everton as Rangers but how much would be difficult to determine. Cap the  lawyers fees and offer them 800k out of court settlememt and move on...:pipe:

53 minutes ago, MVRanger said:

There would be little point in challenging the grounds for the case. If we signed a contract we are clearly in breach. The quantum would be interesting to explore. I think its fair to say the organizers would not have made as much with Everton as Rangers but how much would be difficult to determine. Cap the  lawyers fees and offer them 800k out of court settlememt and move on...:pipe:

You're right quantifying damages would be difficult. Maybe costs such as advertising etc that had to be redone but things like gate and TV receipts are guess work - and would be the difference between Everton receipts and estimated Rangers.

9 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

We’ve lawyers who’ve seen more action this season than some of our players. 

Or....... maybe our best lawyers are crocked and poor reserves have been drafted in, which is the only way I can explain some of the shite flying out way 

8 hours ago, jamesy58 said:

Whoever agreed to this in the first place should be nowhere near Rangers. To even be stupid enough to think that playing them in a "friendly " was a good idea shows you how detached the board is from the support. 

Do they not realise they hate us and our very existence gnaws at every fibre of their being. 

Snide comments from their board and the resolution 12 nutters at every a.g.m.

Grow a pair and tell them  the truth why the Rangers support want nothing to do with them on any level. 

From the hanging effigies fiasco to their continuous involvement in the abuse of innocent children and their denial of these heinous crimes for nigh on 60 years.

Ditch the old firm tag and have fuck all to do with them on any level.

Justice for the victims of celtic Football Club.

Kick them Out. 

:bow: