Transfers, rumours, wants etc

RoboBearToo

26 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Has Jack not been injured for something mental like 100 games during his time with us? Sure I seen that doing the rounds on social media the other week.

125 games missed according to transfermarkt

B88BF250-2B54-49D5-97AC-C72FE0207156.thumb.jpeg.fb18d870f33890166e32ee3b7d7ef5aa.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

Stewart is nowhere near 'dung'

He’s no where near good enough to play for us. 

Going to be dealing with this link until he retires because he’s a Rangers fan. Brutal :lol:

3 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Going to be dealing with this link until he retires because he’s a Rangers fan. Brutal :lol:

If he is a Rangers supporter that's news to me, haven't seen it mentioned once when he's been linked to us so not sure that has anything to do with it. Probably more to do with him getting 30 goals since he start of last season.

9 hours ago, SPWF said:

I played golf with him and I'm pretty sure he said he was a celtic fan. Defo not Teds I think I would have remembered that. 

10 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Ross Stewart’s record at Sunderland is very impressive. That’s why he’s being continuously linked with us.

His record at Ross County wasn’t the worst either. Maybe not quite prolific, but decent enough to look at and say, I wonder what he could do if he was put into a stronger, more attack minded side.

If we want more Scottish, homegrown players, then there has to be a move away from the snobbery that you see towards them among a lot of our support, because once they go south most of them become unaffordable, or very expensive, to us.

Regarding the second paragraph, could also look at it and say "would he score as many in a team playing against 11 men behind the ball every week, with less time and space in the box" 

Not dismissing the idea, for the right price its obviously worth a punt, but when you look at players in scotland who have came to us from domestic opposition, have we had more successes than failures? 

Last probable success (apart from injuries) maybe ryan jack, unless im forgetting about someone, before then (not including years out the top league) they were a few good ones but they cost a decent whack back then, so probably out our reach now maybe

Think our idea of taking the best youths while they are dirt cheap is a better way to go, will take some time to work mind you

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Regarding the second paragraph, could also look at it and say "would he score as many in a team playing against 11 men behind the ball every week, with less time and space in the box" 

Not dismissing the idea, for the right price its obviously worth a punt, but when you look at players in scotland who have came to us from domestic opposition, have we had more successes than failures? 

Last probable success (apart from injuries) maybe ryan jack, unless im forgetting about someone, before then (not including years out the top league) they were a few good ones but they cost a decent whack back then, so probably out our reach now maybe

Think our idea of taking the best youths while they are dirt cheap is a better way to go, will take some time to work mind you

He's not coming from domestic opposition tho

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You could also look at it and say “would he score more playing in a more attack minded team, who dominate possession and who create more chances”. It just depends entirely on what your perspective is.

If we only consider if players are used to playing against defensive teams in a low blocks as a major factor in terms of whether they would be good for us or not, then we would be left shopping in a very limited and small market.

It’s up to the scouts to identify if players can make the step up to another level. That’s not something that has, or ever will change at any football club regardless of teams set up or tactics 

10 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Ross Stewart’s record at Sunderland is very impressive. That’s why he’s being continuously linked with us.

His record at Ross County wasn’t the worst either. Maybe not quite prolific, but decent enough to look at and say, I wonder what he could do if he was put into a stronger, more attack minded side.

If we want more Scottish, homegrown players, then there has to be a move away from the snobbery that you see towards them among a lot of our support, because once they go south most of them become unaffordable, or very expensive, to us.

Doesn't make them any better - just look at players like McBurnie, Burke, McCormack, Adam, Rhodes.  Everyone went for millions down there (more than £10m each on at least one occasion I'm sure), and everyone of them average at best.

10 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

Doesn't make them any better - just look at players like McBurnie, Burke, McCormack, Adam, Rhodes.  Everyone went for millions down there (more than £10m each on at least one occasion I'm sure), and everyone of them average at best.

McCormack was actually very good, just an absolute fanny. 

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

You could also look at it and say “would he score more playing in a more attack minded team, who dominate possession and who create more chances”. It just depends entirely on what your perspective is.

If we were consider if players are used to playing against defensive teams in a low blocks as a major factor on whether they would be good for us or not, then we would be left shopping in a very limited and small market.

It’s up to the scouts to identify if players can make the step up to another level. That’s not something that has, or ever will change at any football club regardless of teams set up or tactics 

I know and agree we need to look more at home for players, but given our track record of signing domestic players, our scouts either need binned or a rocket up their arse as we haven't had many successes with it, we either find an absolute gem or a fucking duffer, no one in between

The likes of ramsey, doig, ferguson, might well have done a job for us, i have a feeling they would have been priced too high for us (scott allan situation all over again) 

1 hour ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

Think that’s fair. It’s usually a poor market that 5-10mio championship range. 

And Stewart would probably cost too much now after last season.

But I think he would thrive here with the amount of balls we stick in the box. We’re not a team that plays 3 creative centre mids that slices defences open. Which suits a Kyogo who is quick off the mark. And we play against low blocks so outright pace like an Boyle or Nisbet isn’t as helpful.

But we stick some amount of balls in with our full backs and wingers and you can play off Stewart as well. Good in the air and like Morelos is a beast. And he’s probably a better finisher

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Think that’s fair. It’s usually a poor market that 5-10mio championship range. 

And Stewart would probably cost too much now after last season.

But I think he would thrive here with the amount of balls we stick in the box. We’re not a team that plays 3 creative centre mids that slices defences open. Which suits a Kyogo who is quick off the mark. And we play against low blocks so outright pace like an Boyle or Nisbet isn’t as helpful.

But we stick some amount of balls in with our full backs and wingers and you can play off Stewart as well. Good in the air and like Morelos is a beast. And he’s probably a better finisher

He can sign a pre-contract in 12 days.

16 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Sunderland have a years option.

They do but there's a bit of a legal grey area over whether clubs can unilaterally activate an option without the player's agreement. CAS have previously declared them unenforcable unless certain conditions are met https://dnllegalandstyle.com/2022/validity-of-unilateral-extension-clausesuec-in-football-contracts/#_ftn11

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

McCormack was actually very good, just an absolute fanny. 

Other than McBurnie all those players were very good at Championship level. Means fuck all though. That league is mince. Competitive, probably the most competitive in the world, but the standard bar the top couple of teams is honking. 

EDIT: McBurnie did have one good season in there.