AGM 2022

JCDBigBear

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Just a quick question regarding the revamp. Speaking to the auld man about this. He thinks once it's all done there will be 162 accessible spaces inside Ibrox all in. 

I thought it was 162 ontop of 114 we have already. 

Does anyone know the answer obviously if it's all in that's only a increase of 48 spaces. We have 90+season ticket holders 😂

It's 162 in total.

16 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

despite the boy getting a few figures wrong the question to wilson was a fucking screamer 

You mean the boy got to speak at a Rangers AGM but plucked figures out of thin air allowing Wilson the upper hand. Fact is the Rangers fans need a whipping boy and Wilson is the sacrifice despite non of us having a clue about his duties and responsibilities. The boy would have served us better if he'd Wilson how much influence he has on recruitment. 

Just now, ianferguson said:

You mean the boy got to speak at a Rangers AGM but plucked figures out of thin air allowing Wilson the upper hand. Fact is the Rangers fans need a whipping boy and Wilson is the sacrifice despite non of us having a clue about his duties and responsibilities. The boy would have served us better if he'd Wilson how much influence he has on recruitment. 

you don’t think the boy who mentioned souttars injury record, guys like matondo etc who have offered next to fuck all wasnt a decent question?

compared to the no righter that asked about a time he couldn’t get into a game without a covid passport then the boy seems like a member of mensa 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

you don’t think the boy who mentioned souttars injury record, guys like matondo etc who have offered next to fuck all wasnt a decent question?

compared to the no righter that asked about a time he couldn’t get into a game without a covid passport then the boy seems like a member of mensa 

I have absolutely no idea how Matondo arrived at Ibrox so I can't condone criticising Wilson for the signing. Surely scouts recommended him and  GVB agreed with the signing and Wilsons job then is to make it happen. If Wilson says no then we have a real problem. I personally was raging about Balogons departure but seemingly Balogun said today Wilson was in his corner and tried to get Gio to agree to extension. With regards to the boys question I still say he let himself down by guessing figures he had no clue about and imo many frustrated Rangers fans have decided Wilson has to be sacrificed despite them guessing on his culpability. 

8 hours ago, ianferguson said:

I have absolutely no idea how Matondo arrived at Ibrox so I can't condone criticising Wilson for the signing. Surely scouts recommended him and  GVB agreed with the signing and Wilsons job then is to make it happen. If Wilson says no then we have a real problem. I personally was raging about Balogons departure but seemingly Balogun said today Wilson was in his corner and tried to get Gio to agree to extension. With regards to the boys question I still say he let himself down by guessing figures he had no clue about and imo many frustrated Rangers fans have decided Wilson has to be sacrificed despite them guessing on his culpability. 

I don't think the guy guessed at the figures. I just think he got his information from the wrong source, possibly Transfermarkt as they have the fee down as 2 million.

When you do a bit of digging (a very quick search on Google) you can find this direct quote from the Huddersfield chairman from the time we signed Bacuna.

The midfielder moved to Ibrox in August, signing a two-year deal.

Steven Gerrard had been keen on the player in January but the club were unable to get a deal done at the time.

Bacuna joined Huddersfield Town in 2018 for around £2million.

The club’s chairman Phil Hodgkinson explained to Examiner Live how they will recoup much of that fee from Rangers despite not receiving any money upfront.

“With Juninho, we had interest from two or three clubs in the [January] window," he said.

“Rangers were interested in him back in January, they came back in and we ultimately did a deal where we didn’t get a transfer fee up front but we’ve actually done a really good deal.

“It’s appearance-based, European-based, with a big sell-on, we’ve got a significant sell-on, where we will ultimately at least get our money back.”

With hindsight the board or Wilson (fuck knows who because just like most I haven't a clue how things work behind the scenes) probably got the structure of the Bacuna deal right. 

9 hours ago, ianferguson said:

The figures weren't plucked out of thin air, they were repprted by numerous media outlets, the fact they weren't denied by the likes of Heart and Hand should tell you they were fairly accurate.

9 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Sacrificed lol. You should look up director of football. You're the only person who doesn't seem to realise what they do.

After that AGM I have added Robertson to Wilson on my Rangers exit list for Santa's attention. Simply woeful performance from both. Wilson blames Gio for crap signings and Robertson seems to think he is doing a great job. Also its Robertsons' job to make sure we spend money prudently on the correct priorities and Wilsons' to make sure all football activities run successfully. Both have failed to deliver this year.

Also would be good if we had a chairman who can speak properly but the real issue is he and the rest of the board don't have the finance to deliver. We need investment and Park is an obstacle to delivering this.

The only senior manager I would give pass marks to would be Bisgrove who has grown revenues beyond his target. I would take Robertsons' bonus and give it to Bisgrove.

20 minutes ago, bassettger said:

After that AGM I have added Robertson to Wilson on my Rangers exit list for Santa's attention. Simply woeful performance from both. Wilson blames Gio for crap signings and Robertson seems to think he is doing a great job. Also its Robertsons' job to make sure we spend money prudently on the correct priorities and Wilsons' to make sure all football activities run successfully. Both have failed to deliver this year.

Also would be good if we had a chairman who can speak properly but the real issue is he and the rest of the board don't have the finance to deliver. We need investment and Park is an obstacle to delivering this.

The only senior manager I would give pass marks to would be Bisgrove who has grown revenues beyond his target. I would take Robertsons' bonus and give it to Bisgrove.

Who is bleeding the supporters dry with his MyGers - and after listening to him at the A.G.M. he doesn't even know how it works.

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

Who is bleeding the supporters dry with his MyGers - and after listening to him at the A.G.M. he doesn't even know how it works.

I agree mygers is a cash cow that is abused. Ultimately the board are responsible for that. Start with Park,  Bennet et al, then work down from Robertson as CEO until you get to Bisgrove. Everybody above him must accept responsibility for how mygers is run since they have the power to change it. I did not say I liked Bisgrove but he is delivering what he has been asked to deliver. £28+ million by taking the piss out of supporters at the bequest of our CEO and board.

30 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Too many fans falling for the fantasy that a director of football scouts, signs and hands the players over to a manager who has absolutely no say in who comes and who goes.  

Foolish 

You make a lot of posts like this, why don't you tell us exactly what he does?

57 minutes ago, bassettger said:

I agree mygers is a cash cow that is abused. Ultimately the board are responsible for that. Start with Park,  Bennet et al, then work down from Robertson as CEO until you get to Bisgrove. Everybody above him must accept responsibility for how mygers is run since they have the power to change it. I did not say I liked Bisgrove but he is delivering what he has been asked to deliver. £28+ million by taking the piss out of supporters at the bequest of our CEO and board.

So you don't want the rest there that are taking the piss out the support but you're happy with Bisgrove doing the same - in fact you want to give him a bonus 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Too many fans falling for the fantasy that a director of football scouts, signs and hands the players over to a manager who has absolutely no say in who comes and who goes.  

Foolish 

Its the manager who has the final say, and ultimately that ahs cost him hsi job. But Wilson needs to held accountable for his role in getting list of available options, and the team he builds to do this. Wilson being hailed as outstanding while Gio getting sacked and having all the responsibility for transfers does feel a bit slopey shoulders.

On 06/12/2022 at 23:41, Number5 said:

The board looks like a fucking old boys gathering and Wilson is the young buck coming with ideas and now find himself in pole position and almost indispensable in this clusterfuck. 

The board are operating at a level miles away from where we, as a fan base, see ourselves.

Amateurish 

Wilson is probably the one that shows Park how to work his Smart phone