***** Rangers vs Partick Thistle - Scottish FA Cup *****

7 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I thought these professional football players trained all week by doing gym work, bounce games, ball work and athletic conditioning.

Not one single player should need to be “match fit”

The term “match fit” is used far too often and usually means “he’s not very good but he might improve if he gets games”

Todd Cantwell hasn’t played for some time but you wouldn’t know it.  

:belm:

44 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Playing a full strength team against Partick at home :lol:

With 3 games, 3 weekends apart it would be lunacy not to. 

Having a player play 30 minutes in 2 weeks is a lot more bizarre. Especially when the game in between looks like a rubber duck. 

Really don't get your point mate

Just now, PromDeAnglais said:

Will probably see a good few changes. 

I'd imagine Jack, Wright, Colak and Hagi are in the lineup. 

Hopefully see Raskin get some minutes.

Last thing we need to do is drop Alfie. He's had 8 days to recover for this game then 6 for Livingston away if he plays this, before a week to the final. 

See no value in dropping players here unless their replacements are starting the OF, apart from my Hagi shout as sakala will be sharp regardless 

9 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I thought these professional football players trained all week by doing gym work, bounce games, ball work and athletic conditioning.

Not one single player should need to be “match fit”

The term “match fit” is used far too often and usually means “he’s not very good but he might improve if he gets games”

Todd Cantwell hasn’t played for some time but you wouldn’t know it.  

DF4DCCD9-BAE4-40E2-8952-782079CBFEF7.jpeg

28 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Last thing we need to do is drop Alfie. He's had 8 days to recover for this game then 6 for Livingston away if he plays this, before a week to the final. 

See no value in dropping players here unless their replacements are starting the OF, apart from my Hagi shout as sakala will be sharp regardless 

Alfie after getting dropped for 1 game 

693-06016383en_Masterfile.jpg

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

With 3 games, 3 weekends apart it would be lunacy not to. 

Having a player play 30 minutes in 2 weeks is a lot more bizarre. Especially when the game in between looks like a rubber duck. 

Really don't get your point mate

These games are always used for squad rotation

57 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

This game will have no bearing on the team chosen for the cup final at the end of the month :lol:

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That’s fair, but we won’t play our strongest 11. Id be genuinely amazed if we did 

With eight days since the last game, it would surprise me if it wasn't the strongest 11 regardless of who we are playing. 

I want to see us play the same team for a few games with the subs, trying to make an impact when they come on and fight their way into the team.

(PSV playing tonight in the cup with their strongest team.)