***** Rangers vs Partick Thistle - Scottish FA Cup *****

11 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

To see if any of the fringe players can step up. We're facing quite a rebuild in the summer. It would be good if some of our fringe player can contribute to that.

Depends what you mean by fringe? There’s plenty we know aren’t good enough, no sense in wasting time on the likes of McLaughlin, Matondo, Wright etc we know they aren’t cutting it.

I think a mix of our usual starters, plus new signings and a couple of those returning from injury makes sense. 

31 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

To see if any of the fringe players can step up. We're facing quite a rebuild in the summer. It would be good if some of our fringe player can contribute to that.

But why try that in a cup game when they are our priority right now? Which ones do you mean?

11 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Guy desperately needs game time to get match fitness, and it’s against a lower league team at home in the cup. And Morelos is / was carrying an injury.

I thought these professional football players trained all week by doing gym work, bounce games, ball work and athletic conditioning.

Not one single player should need to be “match fit”

The term “match fit” is used far too often and usually means “he’s not very good but he might improve if he gets games”

Todd Cantwell hasn’t played for some time but you wouldn’t know it.  

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I thought these professional football players trained all week by doing gym work, bounce games, ball work and athletic conditioning.

The term “match fit” is used far too often and usually means “he’s not very good but he might improve if he gets games”

Was Cantwell coming back from an injury?

19 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Rest no one. Strongest team please and keep up some consistency by pumping the only other proper Glasgow team 

7-0 To the famous 

Obviously the Cups have to be given absolute priority, we need to start racking up the trophies again to get the whole Club, not just the players back into the mindset that we are going out to win every competition that we compete in. For obvious reasons that mentality has been absent for the past decade. It is time to rectify that, and whilst I have no illusions about Beale being some sort of miracle worker, it is clear from what he is saying that he understands what the Club is about and what is required. Hopefully he gets a few years/transfer windows to bring in his own players and build a squad that meets the demands and requirements of the Club.

2 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

But why try that in a cup game when they are our priority right now? Which ones do you mean?

Because it's a game against a lower level side who have a chance at promotion so will probably priorotise the league.

I'd like to see McCrorrie Lowry and possibly a few minutes for Robbie Ure.

Haven't seen enough of the "B" team to know if there are any others that could step up. But they're top of the league, all be it at a much lower level, but I think there must be some talent there.

Also with 5 subs we can revert to strongest side if we need to.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Belter

27 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

Because it's a game against a lower level side who have a chance at promotion so will probably priorotise the league.

I'd like to see McCrorrie Lowry and possibly a few minutes for Robbie Ure.

Haven't seen enough of the "B" team to know if there are any others that could step up. But they're top of the league, all be it at a much lower level, but I think there must be some talent there.

Also with 5 subs we can revert to strongest side if we need to.

They can play towards the end of the season if they have earned it, not in a must win game

25 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Dean Smith (and his replacement) hadn’t played him since November despite him not being injured 

And he only lasted 60 minutes in his first game for us, and came on as a sub in the second.

Raskin similarly hasn't played much and came on as a late sub.

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

That’s a terrible take. Genuinely awful.