***** Rangers vs Partick Thistle - Scottish FA Cup *****

On 10/02/2023 at 19:49, WestCoastGer said:

Great team. My only change would be Alfie up top for first 45, then Colak. Think he needs more time to get up to speed and we want this won first. Also switch out either Tav or Barisic for Devine at 60 or so, then rest as many first picks as possible later to give fringe a change

Re Colak I think give him a start, then Alfie,  otherwise like that line up

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Wouldn’t mind Lowry playing instead even if I don’t see the point really. I don’t think Lowry is going to get very many minutes with us.

We've done so well since Beale came in that while it's unlikely we'll overhaul the tims, We've at least put ourselves in a position where they need to work for it now, the drawback to that is guys like Lowry probably won't get the game time they could've otherwise expected if the gap was 12-15 points.

My only concern atm is we're building around guys like Tillman, Kent and Morelos and there's no guarantee any of them will here next season, doubtful but we could find ourselves starting from scratch again in the summer in terms of who we're building around.

20 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

We've done so well since Beale came in that while it's unlikely we'll overhaul the tims, We've at least put ourselves in a position where they need to work for it now, the drawback to that is guys like Lowry probably won't get the game time they could've otherwise expected if the gap was 12-15 points.

My only concern atm is we're building around guys like Tillman, Kent and Morelos and there's no guarantee any of them will here next season, doubtful but we could find ourselves starting from scratch again in the summer in terms of who we're building around.

I think all 3 of them will be here now that Beale is our manager. Don’t see why we wouldn’t sign Tillman when a deal is agreed already and the other two will re-sign imo

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I think all 3 of them will be here now that Beale is our manager. Don’t see why we wouldn’t sign Tillman when a deal is agreed already and the other two will re-sign imo

I think Morelos will sign, on the fence with Kent, as for Tillman I think he will too but until it's done you just never know, obviously we want him and I think Beale's been vocal enough that the board can't not trigger it but the decision is always with the player, if he gets wind of another option then it'll just depend whether he wants to stay or not.

40 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I think Morelos will sign, on the fence with Kent, as for Tillman I think he will too but until it's done you just never know, obviously we want him and I think Beale's been vocal enough that the board can't not trigger it but the decision is always with the player, if he gets wind of another option then it'll just depend whether he wants to stay or not.

Kent will re-sign because he isn’t getting a better offer elsewhere imo, and Tillman will be signed because I can’t see the board looking to upset Beale in that regard, especially with a deal already in place for a permanent move.

Tillman seems to have settled well at the club and is enjoying his time here going by the quotes I have read from him.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Kent will re-sign because he isn’t getting a better offer elsewhere imo, and Tillman will be signed because I can’t see the board looking to upset Beale in that regard, especially with a deal already in place for a permanent move.

Tillman seems to have settled well at the club and is enjoying his time here going by the quotes I have read from him.

If Bayern want to sell, which I'm guessing they will as he's not likely to be in their first team.

3 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

Do we think beale will field a strong line up tonight? I need us HT/FT for $1700. 

You in America mate lol - ye he'll want the game put to bed early, then can give others a runout at half time.  Cups are especially important this season as the league is almost done.

2 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

You in America mate lol - ye he'll want the game put to bed early, then can give others a runout at half time.  Cups are especially important this season as the league is almost done.

He’s in Australia mate. See his avatar.