Gifting a goal POLL

spanther22

Was it the right thing to do  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have gifted them a goal?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/23 at 22:47

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

But they didn't get the chance to return it because Malik nipped in having seen the bad control. Our gaffer hinted at this, that Malik had seen the opportunity to press (having spotted the miscontrol) and did as he was trained to.

Correct. I don’t believe this scenario has ever  happened before. Partick intended on returning possession to us because that’s the sporting thing to do. They just didn’t want the possession to be returned to us on our terms. They wanted it returned on their terms. I.e back to our Goalkeeper. 

I am glad now that Beale did it. Wasn’t sure at all during the game. I hope it never happens again because I genuinely don’t think we should repeat the gesture. Especially if it’s a harder opponent in a more important game. 

can you imagine that exact scenarios happened against the Scum at the peadodome in a game that would see us go top? 

Thinks we should chalk this up as a freakish occurrence and never speak of it again

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

You werent brought up properly then.

Jumping on my every post again.

In talking the values from Bill Struth to Walter Smith.

Wasn’t brought up properly :lol:

I was brought up to love Rangers and not care about anyone else. Fwiw I find it hard to believe either of the two great men you’ve mentioned would gift them that goal today after we scored a perfectly legitimate goal 

Last I'll say, but to me it isn't something we should be doing. 

It's wreckless, what if we'd gone on to lose the game from that point?

"Scottish Cup holders show mercy to Championship Partick, then are dumped out!"

Luckily we won, Beale looks good and we look respectful and dignified and not the big bad Rangers everyone says we are.

But I'd rather be big bad Rangers that won 3-1 and was comfortable, not risk a trophy to be the good guys.

Let's roll out another scenario here....just say Partick launch the ball back up to us and say Sands takes a heavy touch and the ball falls to a Partick player who goes on to score....do we genuinely belive that all of a sudden there is a sense of injustice and Partick would let us score....would they fuck, it would be deemed that open play was live and therefore our problem....like I said previously if sportsmanship were to prevail then all Partick had to do was knock the ball out for a shy from the same position Colak put the ball out....somewhere in this fucking warped rule us as the attacking team are supposed to recieve the ball 60yards back to our goal....fucking mental:confused:

Still grates with me.

Beale could easily have talked his way out of that, could have just explained that Tillman hadn't seen it and was playing to the whistle, explained the crap third touch, he still had to score the goal. 

What would have been better is to tell Partick that you were going to give them a free run at goal, and then given it back to Tillman to try to score yet another while they're asleep again.  It's the only way they'll learn.

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

What we did yesterday was absolute class. 

We, however should have never needed to let them score if Tillman just let the boy fire it back to us. Despite his heavy touch 

that really is the black and white of it.  

The manager explained that. Tillman didn't know the ball had been knocked out of play by our player when he got stamped on. 

He just assumed the Thistle player was making a pigs ear of a pass and went to take the ball from him.

12 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Also watch the video back, the Thistle player clearly points like he’s about to give it back before Tillman pressed him. 

Is he pointing for that or is he trying to point to where hes playing it for his team mates who have pushed up the park 

32 minutes ago, eastendblue said:

The manager explained that. Tillman didn't know the ball had been knocked out of play by our player when he got stamped on. 

He just assumed the Thistle player was making a pigs ear of a pass and went to take the ball from him.

He’s supporting a 20yr old at the start of his career. 

7 hours ago, Redemption80 said:

PR wise this is a great result.

Fuck off :lol:

We got took to the 87th minute at home by a team sitting 5th in the Championship.

I said it yesterday after the game, Beale is lucky there was something else to talk about, because that incident aside, it was probably one of the worst performances of the season. 

Absolute nonsense letting them score unopposed. They had the ball from the throw-in, their defender had the ball unopposed when thrown back in, he's f*cked it up by taking a horrendous first touch, the game is back on and Tillman has done the right thing by closing him down. 

Seen the usual "class but expected" shite, and it's just embarrassing. 

15 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Fuck off :lol:

We got took to the 87th minute at home by a team sitting 5th in the Championship.

I said it yesterday after the game, Beale is lucky there was something else to talk about, because that incident aside, it was probably one of the worst performances of the season. 

It all boils down to the fact we won that some are giving ourselves a pat on the back over this pish 

if that had happened in a league game against anyone and points were dropped absolutely no one would be sitting here today clapping about our outstanding integrity and how we are the fair play pioneers of Scottish football 

9 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

It all boils down to the fact we won that some are giving ourselves a pat on the back over this pish 

if that had happened in a league game against anyone and points were dropped absolutely no one would be sitting here today clapping about our outstanding integrity and how we are the fair play pioneers of Scottish football 

Exactly. That Tiffoney cunt tore our defence apart for most of the game. 

We're still in the cup because of Shaggers 2 outstanding saves. If that was McLaughlin we would have been 3-1 down before we even got to the Tillman goal. 

Having had time to reflect (sober up) I have decided that my initial reaction to the walk in was correct IMHO. Had Thistle went up the park and scored to put us out then Beals arse should have been bounced onto Edmiston Drive. His call for the  goal combined with a very poor team selection would have been directly responsible for putting us out and given that the Cups are  our only realistic chances of a trophy this season, he would have been guilty of harming the Club that employs him.

A very lucky man is Beale this morning.

54 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Is he pointing for that or is he trying to point to where hes playing it for his team mates who have pushed up the park 

It's pretty clearly the former. Malik starts to run at him, at which point he does the poont gesture in a 'wtf, I'm giving it back to you kind' of way.

Not to mention that you almost never actually see CBs pointing to where they're about to launch it when they're launching it to temamates.

48 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's pretty clearly the former. Malik starts to run at him, at which point he does the poont gesture in a 'wtf, I'm giving it back to you kind' of way.

Not to mention that you almost never actually see CBs pointing to where they're about to launch it when they're launching it to temamates.

No its not pretty clear , it depends on the narrative you want to go with