Gifting a goal POLL

spanther22

Was it the right thing to do  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have gifted them a goal?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/23 at 22:47

19 minutes ago, DerekJohnstone said:

I took us to win 3-1/3-2 once they scored and went 1-0 up, the ref made my win a wee bit bigger. :lol:

You and Beale colluding to fix the match IMO.

Let's hope the filth support don't hear of this or they will complain and we will forfeit the match and get relegated. 

I was raging at the time but in the harsh light of day it's probably the right thing to do for two reasons.

Firstly, it would have been embarrassing to only beat Partick Thistle, a team who are mid-table in the Championship, as a result of a goal like that.

More importantly, it would ensure that no team in the near future would give us the benefit of the doubt when it came to stuff like this. A Rangers player is down injured? They wouldn't kick it out. And if we put it out, then they wouldn't pass it back. Over the course of a season I reckon this would cost us a goal and probably cancel out what we gained yesterday.

I can't say I'm glad Beale did it, but I (somewhat unhappily) agree with it.

The one thing that for me after all this regardless of whether we think beale was correct or incorrect was he had the balls to do it. If we went out he would have faced the wrath of the fans and the board but in that moment he decided and did what he thought was right. Fair play to him imo. 

Hard to believe anyone with the benefit of hindsight can still doubt Beale was 100% correct to concede a goal. The evidence is overwhelming that Tillman(for obvious reasons) was the only one not in on the plan to let the big clumsy fuc*er eventually hoof it up the park. The stamp and the years of disrespect are irrelevant at this point, it was the right thing to do for Rangers regardless of who would return the favour. 

3 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Hard to believe anyone with the benefit of hindsight can still doubt Beale was 100% correct to concede a goal. The evidence is overwhelming that Tillman(for obvious reasons) was the only one not in on the plan to let the big clumsy fuc*er eventually hoof it up the park. The stamp and the years of disrespect are irrelevant at this point, it was the right thing to do for Rangers regardless of who would return the favour. 

Im thinking anyone who still thinks it was an outrageous wrong decision have probably never pulled on a pair of football boots