Gifting a goal POLL

spanther22

Was it the right thing to do  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have gifted them a goal?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/23 at 22:47

Was the right thing to do ultimately. But….

1)Should have been several bookings for how Tillman was treated after the goal.

2)Tillman not in anyway to blame as he was unaware. He’s the one I feel for in this.

3)Should have been a booking for the original foul/stamp on Tillman.

4)Separate issue, but this ‘give the ball back by booting it the full length of the pitch’ thing annoys me as it’s effectively a free clearance, not giving the ball back. The gesture is barely sporting in nature.

5)Other teams may not do that for us, but we do want to aim higher than other teams right?

13 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

don't think so mate

The rules state that the referee should give an indirect free kick for any cautionable offence "not mentioned in the laws". It goes on to say that unsporting play is a cautionable offence. 

For that reason, if the referee believed Tillman did anything wrong, worthy of us giving them a free goal, then he had the authority to stop play and caution him as soon as Tillman intercepted the ball.

8 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Bottom line, Michael Beale is lucky everything worked out.

Had we gifted them a goal, and then gone on to have been knocked out by a 5th placed Championship side, there'd be genuine calls for him to go.

You need to be fucking ruthless. Tillman was. That's what we need more of.

No one else would do it for us.

Fuck the building bridges, win all the trophies and get it up the lot of them.

This X 10

1 hour ago, Master_Betty said:

Was the right thing to do ultimately. But….

1)Should have been several bookings for how Tillman was treated after the goal.

2)Tillman not in anyway to blame as he was unaware. He’s the one I feel for in this.

3)Should have been a booking for the original foul/stamp on Tillman.

4)Separate issue, but this ‘give the ball back by booting it the full length of the pitch’ thing annoys me as it’s effectively a free clearance, not giving the ball back. The gesture is barely sporting in nature.

5)Other teams may not do that for us, but we do want to aim higher than other teams right?

nailed it 

4 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

No its not pretty clear , it depends on the narrative you want to go with

Come on mate. It's 100% clear. I get people might not think we did the right thing, but let's be honest with ourselves here. He was clearly setting to clear it.

Yes. Why boot it the length of the park when we gave up possession in their final third.  Surely a better way would be to pass it to one of them to put it out close to the last bit of action. 
Although whilst typing that out numerous scenarios came into my head. 
ffs.  

3 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Bottom line, Michael Beale is lucky everything worked out.

Had we gifted them a goal, and then gone on to have been knocked out by a 5th placed Championship side, there'd be genuine calls for him to go.

You need to be fucking ruthless. Tillman was. That's what we need more of.

No one else would do it for us.

Fuck the building bridges, win all the trophies and get it up the lot of them.

Fuck all about building bridges it’s about being better.

3 hours ago, JamieD said:

The rules state that the referee should give an indirect free kick for any cautionable offence "not mentioned in the laws". It goes on to say that unsporting play is a cautionable offence. 

For that reason, if the referee believed Tillman did anything wrong, worthy of us giving them a free goal, then he had the authority to stop play and caution him as soon as Tillman intercepted the ball.

That'a a whole pandoras box there mate and doubt any ref would ever act on it, as would be open to all sorts of accusations.  Be interesting if anyone has any examples of this

(ok apart from the ref giving Gazza a yellow card for flashing him one, which was fckn ridiculous, oh and sending off Andy Halliday for celebrating a goal in the middle of the park with our own fans)

This has got nothing to do with any other club.

Too many ohbsessed "whataboutery" comments.

At the game, I didn't know what was going on. Listening to Beale's interview on the radio going home, I understood his reasons 100%.

That aside, Rangers can be a hellish watch at times just now. We should be scudding teams like this by 4 and 5 goals.

Yes, however, the behaviour of those cunts should have got at least one of them a red, also the stamp that put Malik down, straight red. VAR was a fucking shambles yesterday.

We think we have more class than others, MB did the right thing, though Greegs' shithousery pretending to stop their forward scoring was funny.