CL Report published - What about Seville ??

Bad Robot

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

So the report into the Champion League final fiasco came out with Liverpool rightly demanding the recommendations are fully implemented and can I ask do we think our club has done enough for the fans in the stadium at Seville?

The club asked for personal accounts just after it from us but since then their silence is deafening.

I expected better from our club but it seems they just want us to move on as they seem too scared to rattle the cages of uefa which pisses me off tbh

I doubt they are but they could potentially still be investigating it, statement last night from liverpool said the CL report had been leaked rather than released to the press.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Fuck all will happen and if anything does come out of it the support will be the last to know if at all 

You must live in a very dark, negative world.

Rarely see you post anything positive

Just now, dummiesoot said:

You must live in a very dark, negative world.

Rarely see you post anything positive

All happy in the real world.

I do post quite a lot of positive stuff but gets none of the replies like my negative ones seem to always do, hence always looking like a grumpy cunt.

21 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I doubt they are but they could potentially still be investigating it, statement last night from liverpool said the CL report had been leaked rather than released to the press.

I just think the lack of anything from our club is shocking and again shows up a disconnect from our board and the everyday normal fan.

33 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

In fairness I don’t believe for a second that the board will have pushed UEFA with any sort of intent to get an apology for that shambles.

That city should never have held that game.

The city itself was fine tbh.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

In fairness I don’t believe for a second that the board will have pushed UEFA with any sort of intent to get an apology for that shambles.

The set up in Seville itself was brilliant.

The stadium and the debacle getting into it was the issue.

The news is framing the CL final as a "near miss". If that's the case then so was that stadium in Seville, from provocation of well-behaved fans by police outside to the lack of clean drinking water inside.

I kept a dialogue going with the Club about reimbursement for my powerbank which was stolen from me by police outside but it became clear they were completely uninterested.

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

The city could hold the game no bother, just that fucking stadium is a shit tip

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

I’m not talking about the people, I’m talking about the infrastructure, police, local organisation etc.

Public transport from the other ground showing the game was promised a week in advance, we left the ground and the police waved us off dismissively as my arthritic dad had no choice but to walk with us miles back into the city centre dehydrated and exhausted. The “fanzone” outside was horrendous by the way. Literally planked people under a bridge and left them to it.

The lack of water facilities everywhere doesn’t need mentioned again because cause everyone there experienced how bad it was. My dad was literally gasping for breath outside that ground and when we asked a police officer for a drink of her 4 litre water she shouted at us and got another two police officers to confront us. Don’t get me started on the kiosks inside with 1 incompetent agency staff member serving hundreds if not thousands.

Lack of stewards about the area in general left many people visibly lost, including kids and some young guys walking about themselves. This was after the stampede inside caused by clearly unregulated food “stalls” on the street leaving a gas canister next to an open flame which exploded. Police once more didn’t give a fuck and had the nerve to intimidate people with their batons for rushing away.

They made little preparation to handle that volume of people.

I know you aren’t downplaying any of those issues but my point is that it was definitely far from “fine”. The local government completely failed both supports - Frankfurt however clearly knew in advance and protected their support in and out of the matchday stadium.

I was there and enjoyed it all.

I can understand if you were older or had any health issues getting to the 2nd stadium was tough and they could have done better there. Ironically I stayed in the hotel inside the 2nd stadium as I expected it to be hard. I think the insane temperatures were what resulting in the poor location for the fan zone. They initially wanted to have it in the park but given it was 40c they needed somewhere with cover. I do think that's something we need to give them a pass on, they couldn't have predicted the hottest temperatures for 20 odd years. I do agree it was shit though, just a dusty lot under a bridge.

I do think the main issues were the stadium, some of the others I can understand as I don't think any host city would have expected 150k people - the two finalists were literally the worst case scenario in terms of volume of people.

48 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I was there and enjoyed it all.

I can understand if you were older or had any health issues getting to the 2nd stadium was tough and they could have done better there. Ironically I stayed in the hotel inside the 2nd stadium as I expected it to be hard. I think the insane temperatures were what resulting in the poor location for the fan zone. They initially wanted to have it in the park but given it was 40c they needed somewhere with cover. I do think that's something we need to give them a pass on, they couldn't have predicted the hottest temperatures for 20 odd years. I do agree it was shit though, just a dusty lot under a bridge.

I do think the main issues were the stadium, some of the others I can understand as I don't think any host city would have expected 150k people - the two finalists were literally the worst case scenario in terms of volume of people.

They must have known there was little to no water or fluids at the stadium well before kick off. 

3 hours ago, Essandoh said:

I’m not talking about the people, I’m talking about the infrastructure, police, local organisation etc.

Public transport from the other ground showing the game was promised a week in advance, we left the ground and the police waved us off dismissively as my arthritic dad had no choice but to walk with us miles back into the city centre dehydrated and exhausted. The “fanzone” outside was horrendous by the way. Literally planked people under a bridge and left them to it.

The lack of water facilities everywhere doesn’t need mentioned again because cause everyone there experienced how bad it was. My dad was literally gasping for breath outside that ground and when we asked a police officer for a drink of her 4 litre water she shouted at us and got another two police officers to confront us. Don’t get me started on the kiosks inside with 1 incompetent agency staff member serving hundreds if not thousands.

Lack of stewards about the area in general left many people visibly lost, including kids and some young guys walking about themselves. This was after the stampede inside caused by clearly unregulated food “stalls” on the street leaving a gas canister next to an open flame which exploded. Police once more didn’t give a fuck and had the nerve to intimidate people with their batons for rushing away.

They made little preparation to handle that volume of people.

I know you aren’t downplaying any of those issues but my point is that it was definitely far from “fine”. The local government completely failed both supports - Frankfurt however clearly knew in advance and protected their support in and out of the matchday stadium.

The city will never get the blame neither will the city authorities as the fans were told not to come without a ticket were we not

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The city will never get the blame neither will the city authorities as the fans were told not to come without a ticket were we not

I think that's what they were hoping to fall back on originally, but as soon as they put on the 2nd stadium and fan zones they were accepting and inviting fans, so they need to take responsibility for it.