*****The Official Scum v Rangers Match Thread*****

9 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Here's a genuine question or two based on the wording there. @The Dude

Can a referee who has been asked to take another look at an on-field incident decision refuse to look at it?

In that event would us, the fans know or find out about it (unless Andy Walker lets us know obv)?

The decision today was very very quick for what we've seen of VAR in Scotland so far. Did Clancy say nah fuck that my decision?

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Can a referee who has been asked to take another look at an on-field incident decision refuse to look at it?#

In that event would us, the fans know or find out about it (unless Andy Walker lets us know obv)?

The decision today was very very quick for what we've seen of VAR in Scotland so far. Did Clancy say nah fuck that my decision?

Give him a while to Google it ...

:craphead:

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Can a referee who has been asked to take another look at an on-field incident decision refuse to look at it?#

Referees can decide not to look at it again if asked. Whether they ever do/have we obviously don't know.

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

No they don't. They give advice to the onfield referee, they don't make refereeing decisions.

It's literally in the laws of the game.

Do you actually think the VAR goes to a ref "by the way, a wee bit of advice, you might have made a wee snafoo there" when they more likely go "hawl doughball you cunted that, get it changed now, come to the monitor or whatever but fucking get it changed before you make us look like fannies" 

6 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Clancy called the foul.... then when Morelos rushed him you could see he was saying it was referred to VAR, which is why Alfie walked away to wait.... then according to Sky, VAR BACKED the clancy decision. 

Corrupt top to bottom mate. VAR is ideal for cunts like Clancy. In the old days our players would have been right up in his face after a call like that..... now all he needs to say is "VAR review" and folk walk away and give him space.  

It's an easy out for refs to say var will look at stuff. The reality is they look at it only to see if clear and obvious errors are made by the ref. In this case his decision making was wrong, but he saw the incident in full. On that basis its clancy at fault, var can't ask him to review it, they're not there to re referee the game.

2 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Referees can decide not to look at it again if asked. Whether they ever do/have we obviously don't know.

I actually thought that was the case. Would love to know if Clancy told VAR to fuck off today. Not sure we'll ever find out.

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Do you actually think the VAR goes to a ref "by the way, a wee bit of advice, you might have made a wee snafoo there" when they more likely go "hawl doughball you cunted that, get it changed now, come to the monitor or whatever but fucking get it changed before you make us look like fannies" 

Given that the broadcasters can hear what they are saying then no, they won't be saying the latter.

How they say it doesn't change what the rules are.

In a short time we’ve gone from the bully to the bullied and done so with the same core of characters running ship. celtic have proved you can turn your squad around with a couple solid transfer windows.

There is no excuse for guys like Kent, Barisic, Jack or Morelos to go missing in these games. They’ve been around this league and around this fixture more than almost anyone on the pitch yet it looks as if the moment is too big for them, too intimidating. 

I love each and every one of those guys I named, but watching them melt in these big games is frustrating as all fuck. 

the mindset and mentality at the club needs to change and I really don’t see that happening without moving on from a few “constants” we’ve seen the past few years. 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

No. From the premier League VAR site 

It also says Jamie's a fanny but didn't crop it correctly iirc

Screenshot_2023-04-08-18-29-04-543-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

No nice BABN. Used to like you tae 😂

The wording of that quote is definitely open to interpretation but definitely not relevant to Alfie's goal today so not sure what point you're trying to prove.

When we are beaten fair and square I always hold my hands up and say we deserved nothing we were shite. But that today? An utter disgrace of a performance from that rat Clancy and his VAR cohorts. We were cheated today, simple as that and I rarely think that. ps We have to get out fans back at their midden. Watching that Sky tv celtic love in with the crowd was gut wrenching.

1 minute ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

When we are beaten fair and square I always hold my hands up and say we deserved nothing we were shite. But that today? An utter disgrace of a performance from that rat Clancy and his VAR cohorts. We were cheated today, simple as that and I rarely think that. ps We have to get out fans back at their midden. Watching that Sky tv celtic love in with the crowd was gut wrenching.

Watching any game where there's complete silence when the away team score is shit.

37 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Can a referee who has been asked to take another look at an on-field incident decision refuse to look at it?

Yeah. If the on-field ref decides he's right and there's nothing to look at he can just say no. Unless a broadcaster/official spilled the beans, there's no way for fans to know.