*****The Official Scum v Rangers Match Thread*****

7 hours ago, theiconicman said:

We're not far away,

Goldson in, Kent replaced and a decent striker we're there. Kyogo made the difference from them,

They all had turns at kicking Tillman and I think we really need to be doing the same with that little prick 

On 08/04/2023 at 19:01, The Dude said:

Yeah. If the on-field ref decides he's right and there's nothing to look at he can just say no. Unless a broadcaster/official spilled the beans, there's no way for fans to know.

So here is an interesting idea....the VAR official tells the ref he had made an error and should come and review. The ref ignores. No one knows, as you say. Except if the VAR bloke  reveals what he advised to the ref and refuses to be silenced in the face of the furore, by going public, because to the  the clear incredulity of it to the rest of the football world the VAR official is guilty here too.. Ends his career no doubt, but Sporting Integrity and all that......!

1 hour ago, Madina said:

Read something about Tav saying we'll be ready for the semi final game or words to that affect. Same pish that was said after the last game at Hampden. Need to start backing up these words as theyre hollow as fck at the moment 

We will be ready. We were ready for them on Saturday. In front of 60 thousand screaming partisan fuckers who must have shat themselves immediately after Alfie scored.

1 hour ago, Madina said:

Read something about Tav saying we'll be ready for the semi final game or words to that affect. Same pish that was said after the last game at Hampden. Need to start backing up these words as theyre hollow as fck at the moment 

Tav was immense on Saturday it's just a shame his free kick goal came in a defeat and won't be given as much credit. 

38 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

many have been saying it for months that as a group we’re too nice and that doesn’t cut it in football on or off the park 

Was shown at the disallowed goal, their full 11 would’ve been around the ref, all hell would’ve broken loose 

We just kind of meekly accepted it and immediately played on 

Not even any words from our players to the ref after the half time whistle 

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

many have been saying it for months that as a group we’re too nice and that doesn’t cut it in football on or off the park 

100% this. Compare and contrast to Callum McGregor who is constantly snarling into our players' faces, effing and blinding and bullying them into submission. It is dis-spiriting and sickening to watch.

Disappointed, but not angry, except at a couple of players. 

A much better performance than Hampden and light years from the 0-4 game. We were the better side and deserved at least a draw, if not a win. Actually quietly confident about the 30th. And the May game at Ibrox. I cannot see us making two similar mistakes again. Tillman need to up his game, Kent should be dropped for Sakala (but wont be), just a bit better from Cantwell, Raskin and Jack and I am confident we control the midfield.  

For me, we had a stronger bench than them: Ridvan, Colak, Hagi, Lundstram, Kamara, Arfield, Sakala, Wright. Add Souttar to that by the 30th as Goldson should be back. Use that bench smartly at Hampden, esp in the last 20m or extra time if it goes to that. 

2 hours ago, MVRanger said:

100% this. Compare and contrast to Callum McGregor who is constantly snarling into our players' faces, effing and blinding and bullying them into submission. It is dis-spiriting and sickening to watch.

He should have been ‘accidentally’ skelped in the coupon when he had that mask on 

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Too many nice guys.

We never pressure a ref. Rarely surround them and get in their face.

Even when hammerthrowers put a shocker of a challenge in, it’s a bit of a shoulder shrug.

Think it stems from Gerrard after we had that mental run of games with loads of red cards.

Need some right horrible bastards in this side. 

I always think this then think cant actually think of many about to do that role. Would have to come from abroad

4 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

Disappointed, but not angry, except at a couple of players. 

A much better performance than Hampden and light years from the 0-4 game. We were the better side and deserved at least a draw, if not a win. Actually quietly confident about the 30th. And the May game at Ibrox. I cannot see us making two similar mistakes again. Tillman need to up his game, Kent should be dropped for Sakala (but wont be), just a bit better from Cantwell, Raskin and Jack and I am confident we control the midfield.  

For me, we had a stronger bench than them: Ridvan, Colak, Hagi, Lundstram, Kamara, Arfield, Sakala, Wright. Add Souttar to that by the 30th as Goldson should be back. Use that bench smartly at Hampden, esp in the last 20m or extra time if it goes to that. 

Hate to say it but dont agree with that re bench. They have much better options to bring on.

On 09/04/2023 at 01:22, bluebell82 said:

I don't think we're far behind them, altho summer transfer business is cruicial - not just what we do in the market but what they do as well. 

Hampden semi final will be a 50/50 game, we can't afford to gift them silly goals.

3-4 of raskins standard would be nice

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Too many nice guys.

We never pressure a ref. Rarely surround them and get in their face.

Even when hammerthrowers put a shocker of a challenge in, it’s a bit of a shoulder shrug.

Think it stems from Gerrard after we had that mental run of games with loads of red cards.

Need some right horrible bastards in this side. 

Fucking hell, like surrounding a ref and getting in their face has ever worked.

We need better players than they have.

How many 'right horrible bastards' do Arsenal, City and so on have?

Too many cunts stuck in the past.