*****The Official Scum v Rangers Match Thread*****

4 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

Disappointed, but not angry, except at a couple of players. 

A much better performance than Hampden and light years from the 0-4 game. We were the better side and deserved at least a draw, if not a win. Actually quietly confident about the 30th. And the May game at Ibrox. I cannot see us making two similar mistakes again. Tillman need to up his game, Kent should be dropped for Sakala (but wont be), just a bit better from Cantwell, Raskin and Jack and I am confident we control the midfield.  

For me, we had a stronger bench than them: Ridvan, Colak, Hagi, Lundstram, Kamara, Arfield, Sakala, Wright. Add Souttar to that by the 30th as Goldson should be back. Use that bench smartly at Hampden, esp in the last 20m or extra time if it goes to that. 

Agree about the sentiment on progress. Not sure about the bench bit tbh. Experience maybe but not form or quality. Feel like they’re all a step down in quality from the guys ahead of them. Wouldn’t trust any of them with a run of starting games next year with the exception of Yilmaz (but only because we haven’t seen enough to know if he’s any good or not). 

48 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fucking hell, like surrounding a ref and getting in their face has ever worked.

We need better players than they have.

How many 'right horrible bastards' do Arsenal, City and so on have?

Too many cunts stuck in the past.

celtic did it all game, and Brown and McGregor have got in the faces of multiple Rangers players over the last 3-4 seasons and they’ve folded like a pack of cards.

You’re confusing wanting a modern day horrible bastard, with wanting Terry Hurlock or Graeme Souness.

Xhaka is a good example for Arsenal. 

14 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

celtic did it all game, and Brown and McGregor have got in the faces of multiple Rangers players over the last 3-4 seasons and they’ve folded like a pack of cards.

You’re confusing wanting a modern day horrible bastard, with wanting Terry Hurlock or Graeme Souness.

Xhaka is a good example for Arsenal. 

Xhaka's the example after yesterday's game?

6 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

Disappointed, but not angry, except at a couple of players. 

A much better performance than Hampden and light years from the 0-4 game. We were the better side and deserved at least a draw, if not a win. Actually quietly confident about the 30th. And the May game at Ibrox. I cannot see us making two similar mistakes again. Tillman need to up his game, Kent should be dropped for Sakala (but wont be), just a bit better from Cantwell, Raskin and Jack and I am confident we control the midfield.  

For me, we had a stronger bench than them: Ridvan, Colak, Hagi, Lundstram, Kamara, Arfield, Sakala, Wright. Add Souttar to that by the 30th as Goldson should be back. Use that bench smartly at Hampden, esp in the last 20m or extra time if it goes to that. 

Where are you hearing that goldson should be back? 

2 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Now confirmed that we will make the scum SF, if fit imo, give him a runout for 15-20 mins off the bench vs Aberdeen, cannot have him cold vs them. 

Cynic in me expects to hear of a 'setback' just before the scum game.

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Haha diving in to save Goldson again , how about the 4-0 game last year he was a fuckin nightmare , thats just one of the top of my head.

Which goals came from him passing directly to their forward to run in on goal, or failing twice with simple clearances with it ending up at our opponents feet in our 6 yard box?

Not saying he wasn't poor, just asking for similar or equally costly mistakes you say was 'exact' same ones he makes (plural)

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Which goals came from him passing directly to their forward to run in on goal, or failing twice with simple clearances with it ending up at our opponents feet in our 6 yard box?

Not saying he wasn't poor, just asking for similar or equally costly mistakes you say was 'exact' same ones he makes (plural)

I can easily find loads of evidence showing Goldson is a nightmare against them.

Point I was making is that mistakes that cost us goals by any of them have been done by Goldson plenty times against them. Bottom line is our defence is crap and has been for the last six years , and Goldson Tavernier McGregor and Barasic are the root cause , thats why we have two trophies in the cupboard in all that time.

You honestly think that wee jap is worried he might be up against Goldson ?

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

I can easily find loads of evidence showing Goldson is a nightmare against them.

Point I was making is that mistakes that cost us goals by any of them have been done by Goldson plenty times against them. Bottom line is our defence is crap and has been for the last six years , and Goldson Tavernier and Barasic are the root cause , thats why we have two trophies in the cupboard in all that time.

You honestly think that wee jap is worried he might be up against Goldson ?

A nightmare against them? Maybe some times though rarer than being decent imo. But you were talking about specific 'exact' fuckups like Davies and Souttar. Again, which ones?

Your point has changed now to overall performances and Furuhashi being worried. I'll assume that is cos the similar mistakes against them aren't really there.

58 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

A nightmare against them? Maybe some times though rarer than being decent imo. But you were talking about specific 'exact' fuckups like Davies and Souttar. Again, which ones?

Your point has changed now to overall performances and Furuhashi being worried. I'll assume that is cos the similar mistakes against them aren't really there.

Cup final only last month he lost his man to lose the very typical goal we lose against them. I

i have zero idea why people think our defence is ok when Connor plays, it is utterly pish no matter who plays. 

10 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Cup final only last month he lost his man to lose the very typical goal we lose against them. I

i have zero idea why people think our defence is ok when Connor plays, it is utterly pish no matter who plays. 

So that's the exact same as playing a pass to their striker to score, or having 2 chances to clear but only playing it off a forward in our 6 yard box? Fucking hell.

His man was Maeda after Tav went out to the wide player. Goldson WAS slow to cut out the cross ( yes guilty) but it wasn't his man Maeda who scored. To liken that as being on a par with Davies and Souttars errors is pretty ridiculous.

Our defence is better when Goldson plays than not. But that's not really the hot topic it's likening his apparent individual errors to the two CHs in the last OF game.

32 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So that's the exact same as playing a pass to their striker to score, or having 2 chances to clear but only playing it off a forward in our 6 yard box? Fucking hell.

His man was Maeda after Tav went out to the wide player. Goldson WAS slow to cut out the cross ( yes guilty) but it wasn't his man Maeda who scored. To liken that as being on a par with Davies and Souttars errors is pretty ridiculous.

Our defence is better when Goldson plays than not. But that's not really the hot topic it's likening his apparent individual errors to the two CHs in the last OF game.

He is always slow and rarely cuts out a cross much like the rest of our defence, away from sellik games, EL final as well.

I am not anti-Goldson btw, I really struggle with anyone defending our defence for 5 out of 6 years

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

He is always slow and rarely cuts out a cross much like the rest of our defence, away from sellik games, EL final as well.

I am not anti-Goldson btw, I really struggle with anyone defending our defence for 5 out of 6 years

Goldson is culpable for failing to cut out a cross. 100%. He's also been quick to cast blame on others. And cost us a.defeat when dilly dallying a few yeara back (Hamilton?)at Ibrox. He's far from perfect.

But the claim that he creates exact same mistakes against the scum as JS and BD did against the scum is fairly baseless imo. They alone caused goals, that's a distinct difference.

It's not defending the defence. More about least culpable and out of the full backs, the 4 or 5 other CHs played season alone then imo Goldson is least of our worries. We simply miss him and it shows in results/ goals against.