Park has resigned

RFC55

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Theres 2 sets seemingly, lawman on twitter is even concerned about it all and we all know that he knows his stuff given what he tried to warn us in 2011 

Hes concerned that more club legacy loans were converted into shares again instead of being paid back. Guess it depends what the state of the finances are and what the shareholder wanted.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Hes concerned that more club legacy loans were converted into shares again instead of being paid back. Guess it depends what the state of the finances are and what the shareholder wanted.

Why would that be bad?

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Why would that be bad?

I'm not saying it is bad. Lawman has worries that the club, despite record income, looks like it is unable to pay back these loans. I'll say it's not great optics but would be interesting to hear the reason for this, though how unlikely that would be.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I'm not saying it is bad. Lawman has worries that the club, despite record income, looks like it is unable to pay back these loans. I'll say it's not great optics but would be interesting to hear the reason for this, though how unlikely that would be.

It's important we hear from the club, something Douglas was very poor at. Don't see why some are so happy to lose a rich Rangers supporter tho. There isn't a big que lining up to replace him.

16 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

11 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Why would that be bad?

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He's thinking if its to pay running costs then where the fuck did we spend all the income so far this season

He's usually quite regimental with this stuff and doesnt let emotions show, so for him to publicly show it this time is strange

3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

It's important we hear from the club, something Douglas was very poor at. Don't see why some are so happy to lose a rich Rangers supporter tho. There isn't a big que lining up to replace him.

That's the issue, we won't. Bennett was the only communicator and he only does it once a year before the AGM. 

Don't see anyone happy to see him step down but we haven't lost him at all, he is still the 2nd biggest shareholder and continues to invest today.

It will be interesting to see who steps upto vice chairman and then who comes onto the boardroom 

Just now, esquire8 said:

That's the issue, we won't. Bennett was the only communicator and he only does it once a year before the AGM. 

Don't see anyone happy to see him step down but we haven't lost him at all, he is still the 2nd biggest shareholder and continues to invest today.

It will be interesting to see who steps upto vice chairman and then who comes onto the boardroom 

Maybe some fresh outside investment is coming in and park was happy to chuck it and let them in

We can only hope lol

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He's thinking if its to pay running costs then where the fuck did we spend all the income so far this season

He's usually quite regimental with this stuff and doesnt let emotions show, so for him to publicly show it this time is strange

He thinks its money been given right now when its historical loans. It's not like they've given the club money now for shares. Hes been wound up about alot recently.

Invested heavily in the club, a fan as well.

In my opinion he's tried to put the long term future of the club on a good footing, which will make him unpopular in some people's eyes (too cautious) as we want to see big money spent on transfers rather than just on infrastructure. 

Goes with my thanks and hopefully we can grow the club even more now.

19 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We’ve got the Bassey & Aribo transfers, plus the CL money to go on the next accounts. Beale’s told us the other day he’s got more to spend in the summer than recent managers. Our finances are fine :lol:

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Maybe some fresh outside investment is coming in and park was happy to chuck it and let them in

We can only hope lol

One of the groups who upped their shareholding are a billion dollar private equity firm apparently