*****The Official Rangers v St Mirren Match Thread*****

4 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Probably the first game of the season I'm not even going to bother watching. So deflated with this team

Ditto. As so often with this side in the past there was no league challenge. We surrendered it early. This season is about one game now and one game only. 

11 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Your hate for Tillman is absolutely embarrassing. Seems like you are just waiting for him to have an off game so you can bash him on here.

He has been one of very few good things about the current season. Yes he needs to show more in big games like the old firm but he is only a young lad finding his feet in the game. Cut him a bit of slack. 

No hate, hard facts.

Like 3/4 of our starting 11 substandard players and ability.

Tillman wont be signed unless we can knock the fee down imo. We cant afford 5/6 million on a prospect player.

58 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Stick a Scotland tap on him, hel be fit in no time.

Jack is frustrating. He's good enough to be part of the squad when fit, but you're right there.

He'll probably have to prioritise club over international football. His body is telling him he can't manage both.

9 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Probably the first game of the season I'm not even going to bother watching. So deflated with this team

I’m actually looking forward to not having to write FFS Kent 20 times a game. He’s been woeful for far too long. I think we will cruise this game. 5-0

3 hours ago, AdzKyle said:

I’m actually looking forward to not having to write FFS Kent 20 times a game. He’s been woeful for far too long. I think we will cruise this game. 5-0

I believe there’s a few players, Kent being one of them that are not actually injured and just being given a rest. Now that the league is over it makes sense but he’s not gonna come out and say that publicly

9 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Stick a Scotland tap on him, hel be fit in no time.

Jack has played in 32 games for us this season, and was on the bench, available, for another 10. Generally, a very good player for us, and worth a new deal if he can keep that level of fitness.

Glutten for punishment I know but I'm actually looking forward to this game, embarrassing as it is being out of the League before we reach the split again.

It's the injuries that actually give me optimism, I want to see us without Kent, hopefully Raskin and Cantwell are focal points in our play, interested to see Tillman and Cantwell's on field relationship develop too, would love to see Lowry get a game but no idea where he is personally atm, would hope to see Lovelace too.

A win isn't my priority today as long as we line up with a view to the future, I just want to see something that makes us optimistic for next season.

I'm actually dreading this game a bit today as just so many things could go wrong. St Mirren are not a bad team to begin with, they will fight for everything and so it will also depend on our attitude, after last week's defeat, how we cope with them. I'm also worried about the officials who might well have an agenda against us after the Clancy fall out from last week. We need to get back in the saddle again and start winning immediately, bit this is going to be a tough one. Hopefully my concerns are ill founded and we come through it in style.

3 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Glutten for punishment I know but I'm actually looking forward to this game, embarrassing as it is being out of the League before we reach the split again.

It's the injuries that actually give me optimism, I want to see us without Kent, hopefully Raskin and Cantwell are focal points in our play, interested to see Tillman and Cantwell's on field relationship develop too, would love to see Lowry get a game but no idea where he is personally atm, would hope to see Lovelace too.

A win isn't my priority today as long as we line up with a view to the future, I just want to see something that makes us optimistic for next season.

My thoughts exactly. Prep for next season starts today.

4 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

*Glutton. 😉

16 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

This will be an easy win today for one reason...there's no pressure and we all know that there are cowards in that side who don't like the pressure

It's a dead rubber but i'll still watch

3 or 4 - 0

It's not a dead rubber for St Mirren who are chasing European qualification.