General Transfer Talk

Broxi

28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The buy-back almost certainly wouldn’t last the duration of his entire contract here - especially given his Bayern contract is up next summer.

If he signs a five year deal (2023-2028) at the very latest, his buyback would expire in summer 2027, although more likely would be 2025 or 2026. 

All hypotheticals. Nobody knows. 

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yea I get that.

I just prefer the situation earlier with how I used to think these clauses work.

I think if he was to be a roaring success for us, but Bayern were willing to sell him to Nottingham Forest for £15m, it would be a total kick in the balls that would sour the deal for me.

Imagine we were neck and neck with them in the title race next year, Tillman being the outstanding player for us, then on the 31st Jan Bayern buy him back and flip him removing our best player, giving us no time to do a deal and replace him all for a measly £5m profit.

Would be absolutely fucking livid and hate Bayern for eternity.

Think there would have to be some wiggle room for it.

What if we got a bid of £20m in January from and EPL side? Would we be able to accept if Bayern couldn't trigger their buy back etc?

33 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

No really.

Got some stuff wrong, but have held my hands up and admitted it.

I can see how it would work now.

Puts me off the deal a bit if honest.

I think we would end up making some profit on him, but I don't like the idea of us not having much control on when we lose him.

limmy-double-down.gif

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Ffs :lol: how long until the plane spotting?

Seems pretty likely he’ll be the player we announce tomorrow (if anyone) so I’m getting my transfer stalking kicks in before it’s too late. 

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

Seems pretty likely he’ll be the player we announce tomorrow (if anyone) so I’m getting my transfer stalking kicks in before it’s too late. 

I'll be surprised if it ain't him considering hes been up here with Cantwell.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It doesn’t, but you’ve a habit of your hypothetical being correct and everyone else’s being wrong. 

You mean my hypothetical that I’ve provided links from a sports lawyer backing up? I wonder why I think that’s correct and other (non sports lawyers) are wrong…

3 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Whenever a thread is hot it’s almost always the usual suspects clogging it up with utter shite, rather than anything interesting. 5 pages of nonsense there and fuck all of any substance about transfers :lol:

That’s because there’s fuck all of any substance about transfers to talk about 😂