General Transfer Talk

Broxi

2 hours ago, Broxi said:

Yet to be massively convinced by our transfer activity this summer

It's obviously early but there's enough signed/close to signing/strongly linked to get a decent idea. Mainly Dessers tbh, really hope we get someone more convincing.

Dessers appears to be good at link-up play, skilful and quick but he doesn’t seem like the type that will score a load of goals. He fits in with a fluid front line that Beale likes to play but I feel we need someone that’s going to bag 20+ goals a season

47 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Reports in Serbia saying us and Milan are scouting Petar Ratkov.

Sounds like he has plenty of offers to choose from, 19 year old striker 23 goals in 87 games.

Been linked with him for a while.

22 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Transfer window isn't even open yet some people are complaining.

What does it matter if it’s not open? We have already signed 3 players, 4 if you believe Cifuentes is a done deal and I was commenting on if you add Dessers and Palma into that, who we are clearly interested in, that those 6 signings (with emphasis on the Dessers interest in particular, our most important area of the team to improve) wouldn’t massively convince me. I hardly went over the top. I have to wait until September to comment fairly calmly on something that’s already happening now?

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

What does it matter if it’s not open? We have already signed 3 players, 4 if you believe Cifuentes is a done deal and I was commenting on if you add Dessers and Palma into that, who we are clearly interested in, that those 6 signings (with emphasis on the Dessers interest in particular, our most important area of the team to improve) wouldn’t massively convince me. I hardly went over the top. I have to wait until September to comment fairly calmly on something that’s already happening now?

Yes 

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Reports in Serbia saying us and Milan are scouting Petar Ratkov.

Sounds like he has plenty of offers to choose from, 19 year old striker 23 goals in 87 games.

Absolute yes from me. That's the type of player we should be looking at. 1 goal per 3 matches this season at 19 years old, really good potential. Physical enough to handle our game.

On 06/06/2023 at 13:40, esquire8 said:

You think Lowry has been told he has a chance of being a big player for us next season? Seems to be putting in the hard yards already.

I hope he does I would rather have seen him getting games at the tail end of the season than some of the players we were done at our club.

Hope he pushes on this season or if he doesn't get him a good loan.

22 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I have read in a couple of places that the Palma deal is a no go for us now. He was the one I was excited about as well, looks class.

5 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

I have read in a couple of places that the Palma deal is a no go for us now. He was the one I was excited about as well, looks class.

As mentioned, it's mostly Dessers I don't like the sound of, and I have some reservations about Butland and Cifuentes as well. But I just feel we really have to nail one striker and one winger at a minimum. And ideally we need to nail two wingers. Dessers doesn't give me that confidence as a striker target. 

Haven't read that myself about Palma but I don't mind that link. I think he would be pretty decent although I do think £5m is steep for him. If we got him for £3m or so I would be happy with it but would also feel like we still needed another good winger on top of him.

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

As mentioned, it's mostly Dessers I don't like the sound of, and I have some reservations about Butland and Cifuentes as well. But I just feel we really have to nail one striker and one winger at a minimum. And ideally we need to nail two wingers. Dessers doesn't give me that confidence as a striker target. 

Haven't read that myself about Palma but I don't mind that link. I think he would be pretty decent although I do think £5m is steep for him. If we got him for £3m or so I would be happy with it but would also feel like we still needed another good winger on top of him.

Aye agreed, 3 million would be a great deal on the face of it and yes we definitely need more options up front, 2 quality forwards would be nice and if the rumours that Roofe's surgery has been a huge success and he will be ready to go for the start of next season are true then we will be in a tremendous place front to back. Huge pinch of salt always needed with Roofe but as usual will hope for the best and expect the worst.

29 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Absolute yes from me. That's the type of player we should be looking at. 1 goal per 3 matches this season at 19 years old, really good potential. Physical enough to handle our game.

Sebo had a better goal return.

43 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

At that age I would imagine a significant number of the 87 matches are from the bench or not completing the match. 

Sounds good to me.

2 hours ago, Broxi said:

I think Sterling is a good signing and I'm unconvinced by Butland and Dowell as many people are.

I know it's early, but Cifuentes looks a done deal, and we're strongly linked to Palma and Dessers. 

As I said, if that's how it ends up panning out then I'm not massively convinced by it. 

There is enough signed and players we're obviously interested in to get an idea of what we're planning on doing. 

Broadly agree with this.

Dowell, Sterling and Butland are understandable on frees.

Unconvinced by Cifuentes, Dessers and Palma ‘on paper’. They could turn out to be great but has the feeling that we’re going for our second or third choices after being priced out of those I think we’d unanimously back, like Piroe etc.