*****The Official Rangers v Scum Match Thread*****

Craiggybear

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Morelos wins us this game, it's bonkers because I've seen him terrorising their defence but just losing all instincts and composure n front of goal but the less likely he looks now of getting a goal the more likely he is of scoring one against them, football is a weird game man.

Give me some of what you're taking pal

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Morelos wins us this game, it's bonkers because I've seen him terrorising their defence but just losing all instincts and composure n front of goal but the less likely he looks now of getting a goal the more likely he is of scoring one against them, football is a weird game man.

He scored not long ago against them and we all know it was wrongly chopped of by cheating refs so revenge time for Alfie 👏👏

3 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic

Lundstram Raskin

Sakala Tillman Cantwell 

Morelos 

in an ideal world Sakala and Lundstram would be binned but we don’t have many alternatives. 

Sakalas the only one causing problems outside cantwell and actually runs at them or in behind despite his technique, touch etc

Only ones creating chances and you want him out the team 🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

He scored not long ago against them and we all know it was wrongly chopped of by cheating refs so revenge time for Alfie 👏👏

That's what I'm talking about, he scored twice in his last two games even if one was wrongly disallowed, he didn't really look like he'd do any orher damage in those games, a few years ago he swung them about for 90 minutes, had loads of chances and never scored, now he does the bare minimum in comparison to what he used to do and for some reason looks more likely to get a goal, he'll do the damage on Sunday.

Goldson and Souttar for me

And anybody but Lundstram. Don’t personally agree with the perceived need for 2DMs against them. All they have ever played with against us is Callum McGregor sitting and 2 normal more attacking CMs ahead of him. We could do Raskin and the same. Lundstram was dreadful last week and should be nowhere near this game. 

44 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Goldson and Souttar for me

And anybody but Lundstram. Don’t personally agree with the perceived need for 2DMs against them. All they have ever played with against us is Callum McGregor sitting and 2 normal more attacking CMs ahead of him. We could do Raskin and the same. Lundstram was dreadful last week and should be nowhere near this game. 

If Raskin is fit I wouldn’t mind…

Raksin

Cantwell Tillman

Kent

Sakala Morelos 

Dont think we need a Jack / Kamara / Lundstram. Games aren’t a battle the way they used to be. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

If Raskin is fit I wouldn’t mind…

Raksin

Cantwell Tillman

Kent

Sakala Morelos 

Dont think we need a Jack / Kamara / Lundstram. Games aren’t a battle the way they used to be. 

Would get absolutely battered

Just now, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Would get absolutely battered

Not sure Raskin sitting back with Lundstram or Kamara does us any better. Pair are a busted flush.

Beale did talk about Tillman as an ‘8’ and Raskin as a ‘6’.

Don’t think it’ll happen though. 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not sure Raskin sitting back with Lundstram or Kamara does us any better. Pair are a busted flush.

Beale did talk about Tillman as an ‘8’ and Raskin as a ‘6’.

Don’t think it’ll happen though. 

Would have absolutely no protection for our fullbacks

People won't like this but I think at this moment in time Raskin NEEDS a player like Lundstram (or Jack) next to him. I think Raskin shows great potential and I like a lot of what he does but if we are being perfectly honest he has mostly been pretty average. Understandable as he is only 22 and settling in to a new country and a new team with different pressures. I don't think he is fully match fit yet either and that might need a full pre-season to sort out.

Raskin and Lundstram barring injury will definitely both start. Starting just one or the other would simply be handing a treble on a plate to the scum without even a fight. 

It’s at the point where it’s more about what we do than what they do. 

They could be poor but we probably still couldn’t capitalise. There’s always that mistake and sloppiness in our defence and there are always clear cut chances we can’t take. 
Absolutely everything needs to come together for us on Sun. 

Just now, Swagger said:

It’s at the point where it’s more about what we do than what they do. 

They could be poor but we probably still couldn’t capitalise. There’s always that mistake and sloppiness in our defence and there are always clear cut chances we can’t take. 
Absolutely everything needs to come together for us on Sun. 

Our defence is a fucking bombscare.  Sad really.  I'd be going Souttar and Goldson, Davies is brutal. 

34 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

People won't like this but I think at this moment in time Raskin NEEDS a player like Lundstram (or Jack) next to him. I think Raskin shows great potential and I like a lot of what he does but if we are being perfectly honest he has mostly been pretty average. Understandable as he is only 22 and settling in to a new country and a new team with different pressures. I don't think he is fully match fit yet either and that might need a full pre-season to sort out.

Raskin and Lundstram barring injury will definitely both start. Starting just one or the other would simply be handing a treble on a plate to the scum without even a fight. 

As bad as they both are I’d start Kamara and Lundstrum with Raskin. Bench Tillman, play Cantwell further forward and give Raskin a bit of freedom too. Tillman off the bench later maybe but starting him will see the game pass him by (again)

Macgregor

Tav

Goldson

Soutter

Barasic

Lundstrum

Kamara

Raskin

Cantwell

Kent 

Morelos 

Mcgregor

Souttar        Goldson        Davies

Tav.      Raskin Lundstram   Cantwell

Tillman

Sakala.          Matondo

Can't see an alternative for Lundstram. Pace up front and Tillman occupying rhe same space as their McGregor. 3 CHs up at set pieces.

What could possibly go wrong? 🤣

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mcgregor

Souttar        Goldson        Davies

Tav.      Raskin Lundstram   Cantwell

Tillman

Sakala.          Matondo

Can't see an alternative for Lundstram. Pace up front and Tillman occupying rhe same space as their McGregor. 3 CHs up at set pieces.

What could possibly go wrong? 🤣

Cantwell at LWB? Is is this a proper 3-5-2 with Tav and Cantwell as Wingers? Chances are Goldson is out. 

Sakala and Matondo upfront.... expect a lot of this:

yungn3-missing.gif.8299c79cd0630c80f71c94886a0079d3.gif

4 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Sakalas the only one causing problems outside cantwell and actually runs at them or in behind despite his technique, touch etc

Only ones creating chances and you want him out the team 🤣🤣

Sakala would be decent to bring on if they start to tire, but missing an open goal in the final only caused us problems.

They are the better team, all I can hope for is effort and heart from us. Leave your mark out there, it's probably the last opportunity to win another trophy for a lot of this squad (hopefully), they should be prepared to suffer and to stop the scum at any cost.

In an ideal world we wouldn't have Lundstram in the team and I'd have Sakala up front instead of Morelos. We have tried and failed with him too many times, try something different. Sakala is an enigma but chances come when he plays. 

In reality it's pretty difficult to make a starting XI of that actually work. I'd probably go with this and keep Tillman close to Sakala, Cantwell and Kent being relatively conservative and narrow.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Souttar Barisic
Raskin Lundstram
Cantwell Tillman Kent
Sakala