*****The Official Rangers v Scum Match Thread*****

Craiggybear

18 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Cantwell at LWB? Is is this a proper 3-5-2 with Tav and Cantwell as Wingers? Chances are Goldson is out. 

Sakala and Matondo upfront.... expect a lot of this:

yungn3-missing.gif.8299c79cd0630c80f71c94886a0079d3.gif

Nah its a fluid midfield 😁

Goldson is in! Until its announced otherwise on Friday 🙄

Aye but other than that its a goer? 🤣

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Our LB position will be targeted, easy to run inside, no chance of a crunching tackle and lots of backing off

100%

Yup. Barasic is a liability at defending decent wingers. Literally can't wait to run away from them.

Said it the last few games. I’d bring Tillman off the bench. The first 30 is just mad chasing and pressing. Bring him on when we get a foot in the game and more touches higher around their box and he can hurt him.

Pointless having him chase shadows then hooked after 60 minutes again. 

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Our LB position will be targeted, easy to run inside, no chance of a crunching tackle and lots of backing off

100%

Or they target the rhs for easy crosses and the left back area for unchallenged scoring.

They can take their pick tbf whilst also waiting on unforced errors.

40 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I still think Raskin's best role is in Lundstram's position, with two attacking midfielders in front of him.

How many times are we going to go with a defensive setup against them before realizing it doesn't work?

Lundstram is not the answer.

He's not the answer bit it's not a defensive setup. it's the only way we can allow Tav and Barisic to go forward

17 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Said it the last few games. I’d bring Tillman off the bench. The first 30 is just mad chasing and pressing. Bring him on when we get a foot in the game and more touches higher around their box and he can hurt him.

I've never seen him chasing anyone in their team. 

17 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

He's not the answer bit it's not a defensive setup. it's the only way we can allow Tav and Barisic to go forward

Then maybe we need to change the approach and have our full-backs concentrate on defending because staying with the same setup is clearly not working against them. It's totally defensive when Lundstram plays. We soak up pressure, hoping to beat them on the counter-attack. It doesn't work.

But I sound like a broken record because we all know Lundstram will play.

32 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Or they target the rhs for easy crosses and the left back area for unchallenged scoring.

They can take their pick tbf whilst also waiting on unforced errors.

Not even taking the piss when I say i would genuinely consider starting Davies at left back on Sunday purely because I can’t be fucked seeing them score the same goal against us yet again where somebody ghosts in and Borna is left standing like a statue.

There's a few experimental (or maybe just mental) lineups being posted but I hope we don't do anything too drastic as we don't really need to. Similar team (depending on injuries and recoveries) to the last game we played them in the league, cut out the ridiculous schoolboy errors at the back and we can definitely win this. Hopefully Goldson is fit, we get a reffed to a fairer standard plus actually having our own fans in the stadium can be the difference between this game and the last one. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

There's a few experimental (or maybe just mental) lineups being posted but I hope we don't do anything too drastic as we don't really need to. Similar team (depending on injuries and recoveries) to the last game we played them in the league, cut out the ridiculous schoolboy errors at the back and we can definitely win this. Hopefully Goldson is fit, we get a reffed to a fairer standard plus actually having our own fans in the stadium can be the difference between this game and the last one. 

Think we should go 4-2-2-2. Tav, Goldson, Souttar, Borna. Lundstram & Raskin with Cantwell coming inside from the right hand side to make it a midfield three when required, Kent on the left, Sakala and Morelos upfront.

Like I said I would be tempted to play a Davies at left back instead of Borna, and I think Tillman makes more impact from the bench.

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

If he starts that’s exactly what will happen. The start will be high tempo and he’ll be posted missing. 
Something different from the bench is the best he can offer us in this game 

12 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

Possibly the wrong place for this but I couldn't see anything for this match in the tickets forum. Is there a reason for that does anyone know?

If I had known you may have one...😩 glad someone get use, just saw post👍

I don't think we have to dramatically change for this as much as people think. The recent games have been tighter than the tarrier lead propaganda will make you believe. We lost the last game with individual errors. If we can get the shite cut out from players and actually invoke a pressing game which was once upon a time successful for us then we have a good chance. 

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I don't think we have to dramatically change for this as much as people think. The recent games have been tighter than the tarrier lead propaganda will make you believe. We lost the last game with individual errors. If we can get the shite cut out from players and actually invoke a pressing game which was once upon a time successful for us then we have a good chance. 

I actually think we lost because they had the quality to punish our errors, while when they made errors we had Kent or Morelos absolutely fluffing their lines as usual. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I actually think we lost because they had the quality to punish our errors, while when they made errors we had Kent or Morelos absolutely fluffing their lines as usual. 

Get what you're saying but if we simply cut out those errors they don't have those opportunities.

16 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Will be surprised if he plays Souttar at left centre half over Davies.

Was watching a podcast and Charlie Miller was saying he’d play a back 4 of Tav, Goldson, Souttar and Davies at left back. Proper Walter Smith back 4 that.