Is It Time For A New Captain ?

BlueboyG

Just now, DMax399 said:

I hope not.  I would question anyone who comes in and continues with what has largely failed in the past, and expect a different outcome.  

I’m going to be honest here but I doubt any will change it and I’d imagine tav will be part of any new managers plans going forward 

I really do not understand why people think changing the captaincy will make any difference to the ability that is lacking in this squad.

I do not care who is the captain it is the overall quality in the squad that is lacking and to be honest I would only keep four players from it .

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The new manager must change the atmosphere in the dressing room and show the players who's boss. Tav has never been a good captain. First order of business - make Butland the captain.

Butland and raskin for captain and vice captain then.

see when whoever is the new manager doesn’t change it, what will you lot do then? Demand he’s sacked 

Just now, RFC55 said:

Yes those demanding the new manager comes in and does this and that, I’m wondering how you’s will cope when he doesn’t do any of it 

I think I will cope just fine mate.

If you don't think it is time to change, that's your prerogative, but for me, change is needed, and has been for quite some time. Until Butland arrived, no one else really stood out.

You'd have to be crazy to come in to the club and take the captaincy off of tav wether we think it's right or wrong. 

He's no even like the Ian black type of player were players could think thank fuck, a lot of players will look up to him. 

Come in and get the best out of him and the team, that's the strategy I'd be hoping for the new manager. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I think I will cope just fine mate.

If you don't think it is time to change, that's your prerogative, but for me, change is needed, and has been for quite some time. Until Butland arrived, no one else really stood out.

Change might well be needed but he’s not going to come into the club and strip tav of the captaincy, drop goldson etc and start 4 youth players which is the usual shout on here 

2 hours ago, docspiderman said:

I really do not understand why people think changing the captaincy will make any difference to the ability that is lacking in this squad.

I do not care who is the captain it is the overall quality in the squad that is lacking and to be honest I would only keep four players from it .

It’s about leadership mate.  We don’t have any.  It’s not the only problem we have, but it is a problem that needs addressed.

As things stand right now, I think Jack Butland is the next Rangers captain but he’s not going to be handed the armband now. 

Can see a situation next season where Tav remains the “club captain” going forward, but as his minutes start to reduce (which they should because he will turn 33 not long after the season starts) Butland will have the armband more on a week to week basis.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

As things stand right now, I think Jack Butland is the next Rangers captain but he’s not going to be handed the armband now. 

Can see a situation next season where Tav remains the “club captain” going forward next season, but as his minutes start to reduce (which they should because he will turn 33 not long after the season starts) Butland will have the armband more on a week to week basis.

Would be happy with that but would prefer Tav to be moved on at the end of the season. 

31 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Can see a situation next season where Tav remains the “club captain” going forward, but as his minutes start to reduce (which they should because he will turn 33 not long after the season starts) Butland will have the armband more on a week to week basis.

He can't be here next season, no way no how. 

6 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

You'd have to be crazy to come in to the club and take the captaincy off of tav wether we think it's right or wrong. 

He's no even like the Ian black type of player were players could think thank fuck, a lot of players will look up to him. 

Come in and get the best out of him and the team, that's the strategy I'd be hoping for the new manager. 

I think the impact of a captain is very overrated amongst fans. Players can be leaders on the pitch without being captain. 

Like him or hate him, he's a leader in the squad. Been in squads at low points with players like Rob Kiernan, invincible 55, embarrassing some massive money clubs in Europe and a European final that took pens to separate. If captain did mean something there's not a player that's seen us at our shitteat and our best more than tav. 

6 hours ago, DMax399 said:

It’s about leadership mate.  We don’t have any.  It’s not the only problem we have, but it is a problem that needs addressed.

The role is overstated nowadays, our successful captains have been in successful teams which were successful because of the quality in the team. Our great captains in the past would be powerless now and make not a jot of difference to our present plodders.

Man City are the most successful side recently and their captain for the pst few years was the quietist, least in your face character.

I see people suggesting the role should be given to a goalkeeper which more or less puts the leadership idea to bed.

16 hours ago, DMax399 said:

It's the manager's job to lead in a strategic manner. 

Tav generally leads by example on the pitch , but he didn't buy the players in the summer. Not his fault that Dessers and co. are useless, he can not force them into becoming good players. Neither did he give that donkey Beale a contract .

It will be up to the new manager to get the best out of those players or ship them out.

The captaincy role is totally overrated by some on here. You'd think it was a higher role than the manager.

There is no natural successor to Tav as captain either.  I doubt any of our players would want the role anyhow. Because apparently the captain is to blame for everything that goes wrong according to some.

You are primarily a punchbag. The mistakes made from boardroom to management level are are all blamed on you.  Any player with a brain would knock it back. Cunt of a job.