Jack Butland

Broxi

9 minutes ago, gj923 said:

He's probably on a decent wedge and will want the same up here as he could easily get it sitting on a bench down south.

Comes across as really lazy scouting and under FFP wages are a factor in what our signing budget is moving forward.

Reportedly on 40k p/w.

18 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If, as suggested, we are paying 7 million for Kouame, who will be 26 this year, then someone at club needs their head read.

Murillo - 31 year old in May.

Player trading model Etc etc

You’re not wrong, but we need more than 22 Yr old prospects to compete. Not saying any of those players linked are suitable though 👍

7 minutes ago, gj923 said:

He's probably on a decent wedge and will want the same up here as he could easily get it sitting on a bench down south.

Comes across as really lazy scouting and under FFP wages are a factor in what our signing budget is moving forward.

Maybe he's had enough of being on the bench/ back up and wants to establish himself as no1 at competitive club who play in Europe and get his career back on track.

Stranger things have happened. 😄

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Maybe he's had enough of being on the bench/ back up and wants to establish himself as no1 at competitive club who play in Europe and get his career back on track.

Stranger things have happened. 😄

Could be but I just hope the rest of the signings are not filled with people on the periphery of English teams

3 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Could be but I just hope the rest of the signings are not filled with people on the periphery of English teams

Feckin Hearts are signing promising players from the J league yet we seem to be routed to the same old markets that have failed us. (No slight against Butland. Actually think he’s a reasonable signing for a free+wages)

1 hour ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

It would be concerning if it was true. 291 appearances in 10 years. 

Hmm, I was going by this

2 hours ago, molesmole said:

Screenshot_20230425_073320_Chrome.thumb.jpg.295a99ea13aa16cdcec35673a0777a64.jpg

Not someone who has played  much football, available on a free. 

I imagine pretty big wages. 

It's a position we need to invest in and we seem to be taking the usual option.

Recognisable name. 

Hopefully in the league he won't have much to do. 

Maybe a change of scene being number 1 might help him. 

If he commands his box and comes for crosses - it will make a nice change. 

McGregor needs replaced but it's big gloves to fill. 

9 minutes ago, gj923 said:

I'd fully agree. Cherry picking is fine, but it can't be as the only market targeted, especially since our budget restrictions probably limit the players open to us drastically too.

9 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Feckin Hearts are signing promising players from the J league yet we seem to be routed to the same old markets that have failed us. (No slight against Butland. Actually think he’s a reasonable signing for a free+wages)

I'm willing to bet that we finish ahead of Hearts next season as a minimum.

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

The free signing can actually be a bit of a myth and false economy. They signed hatate for a fee along with wages for 4 years whilst they also signed McCarthy who is probably on more over the term. When you sign from England on a free even the championship you are often giving a decent signing bonus plus a long term contract. Its like how much is Lunstrum costing us over the course of 3 years?

54 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If, as suggested, we are paying 7 million for Kouame, who will be 26 this year, then someone at club needs their head read.

Murillo - 31 year old in May.

Player trading model Etc etc

You still need players to come in that are first team ready.

Also that line was just trotted out cos we get lucky with Patterson and Bassey. And to some extent Aribo.

I want players in that will win us the league first and foremost then we can worry about trading models down the line.

3 minutes ago, gj923 said:

The free signing can actually be a bit of a myth and false economy. They signed hatate for a fee along with wages for 4 years whilst they also signed McCarthy who is probably on more over the term. When you sign from England on a free even the championship you are often giving a decent signing bonus plus a long term contract. Its like how much is Lunstrum costing us over the course of 3 years?

Yep great point. A player total fee is club fee+wages+sign on. Someone like Lawrence I’d imagine we would have had to have offered a sign on. But these things are never published.

23 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Weren’t you arguing yesterday that we should sign Clarkson from the ‘same old market’ that has failed us?