Jack Butland

Broxi

18 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

You still need players to come in that are first team ready.

Also that line was just trotted out cos we get lucky with Patterson and Bassey. And to some extent Aribo.

I want players in that will win us the league first and foremost then we can worry about trading models down the line.

Hi Ross, how is Nottingham?

Really unsure about this. 

Butland never really reached his potential, he’s apparently got a howler in him and Stoke fans seem to hate him.

Expected is to sign a number two or three from England who hasn’t played much over the past few years, but thought it would maybe be somebody with a bit of a better career behind them.

Kouamé seems to have a bit of versatility about him and I imagine he’s being signed for his overall game rather than his goal scoring ability, but that’s utter madness at a club like ours. If you are spending 7 million on a centre forward they have to score goals at at least a rate of 1 in 2. Nobody in our support is fully getting behind a striker who grafts like fuck but doesn’t really score at that price.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Kouamé seems to have a bit of versatility about him and I imagine he’s being signed for his overall game rather than his goal scoring ability, but that’s utter madness at a club like ours. If you are spending 7 million on a centre forward they have to score goals at at least a rate of 1 in 2. Nobody in our support is fully getting behind a striker who grafts like fuck but doesn’t really score at that price.

I know it’s just YouTube videos and 1% of information we have but his all round game looks shite as well

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

plenty from his time at Birmingham too. There’s a reason he didn’t make it

He’s obviously going to make more errors if he’s facing more shots at shite like Stoke and Birmingham. Our current first choice keeper lets in about half of all shots he faces. 

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

At least and I’m not usually somebody who is obsessed with strikers having to score 20 plus goals a season, but for that outlay he would have to. No if’s, but’s, maybe’s, secondary assists or pressing stats could paint over it.

I'm not usually either. If most get 15+assists it's a solid return but for 7m I'm wanting someone who simply abuses defences on a weekly basis

Fwiw, Flo was 1 in 2 (43 in 87) and is widely branded a flop here

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Thought youd never expect a striker to score over 20 goals a season?

Generally don't if they are contributing in other areas (assists etc). But at that level of spend - the second most expensive CF to play in Scotland - I'm expecting someone who is levels above the league and in all honesty will probably only be here a relatively short time because they are too good for Scottish football.

17 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

That’s only his Premier League appearances, it doesn’t take into account any of his Championship appearances, cup appearances, or his England appearances. 300 if you include his internationals. 

Fair enough

Was talking about him few days ago on the other thread about Beale and transfers, I'm happy with that. Couple of free deals to let the money in the bank to bring first team players is the perfect way to operate this summer I think. 

Only thing is, they need to be first team ready (improve the XI) and mostly, no injury prone.

17 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

He’s obviously going to make more errors if he’s facing more shots at shite like Stoke and Birmingham. Our current first choice keeper lets in about half of all shots he faces. 

Oh we absolutely need to upgrade on McGregor. But we also can’t afford to go with someone who can just throw one in at any moment