New Front 3

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Need at least £15million chucked at it if we are to win titles again and that's just the front 3.

Where is that coming from given we need another 15 chucked at defence midfield and keeper.

Their front 3 didnt cost that

Said it during the match thread, I was happy with the hunger and desire from most of the squad today but the front three just points out why we lose these matches. 

The scum forwards harried and pressured our defence into making mistakes while ours jog and amble about uninterested.

Like I said in the match day thread.

Might have been Ally who mentioned the stat?

Jota and one of their other front men have scored 8 goals this season against us.

Kent and Morelos have scored 6 in 30+, that is absolutely disgusting.

Their starting 3 against ours wont be a million miles apart in terns of cost (potential cost if you include Tillman).

We swap ours with theirs and the title goes to Ibrox.

Pathetic when you think about it.

7 minutes ago, WWTC said:

They cost 11 and thats not 15 was my point. 

Split hairs over a transfer fees all you want, but the point is we need investment to raise the quality.

They’ve spent a relative fortune on their front three, and a decent whack on the three who play second fiddle to them, do you think we are going to get so lucky that we pick up between three and five forward players who match their output, at a fraction of the financial outlay?

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

So the best part of 15 then...

12 on the starting front three, another 6-7 million on the three backups and that’s before they do any business this Summer, because unlike us, you know they won’t stand still.

Good job we’ve got Sakala under contract for next season though. He’s a real difference maker.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

12 on the starting front three, another 6-7 million on the three backups and that’s before they do any business this Summer, because unlike us, you know they won’t stand still.

Good job we’ve got Sakala under contract for next season though. He’s a real difference maker.

That's the worry, they stood still at 9IAR and fucked it, they will never make that mistake again. They will spend a big chunk of the 30 million to improve.

We simply don't have a hope in fuck unless someone chucks in the same amount and even then we need huge luck that the players actually shine.

If not its another treble and our record trophies count will be gone in a few seasons. 

It's pathetic 

24 minutes ago, ZZed said:

We need to completely restructure our team not just the front 3.

I get that mate, just making the point as things stand I think changing the front 3 if we get quality makes the biggest difference. I know we have a lot of other weaknesses, but if I had to prioritise spending, thats where I think it should largely go.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

That's the worry, they stood still at 9IAR and fucked it, they will never make that mistake again. They will spend a big chunk of the 30 million to improve.

We simply don't have a hope in fuck unless someone chucks in the same amount and even then we need huge luck that the players actually shine.

If not its another treble and our record trophies count will be gone in a few seasons. 

It's pathetic 

It will be gone next season if we don't start winning trophies. 

They'll only be one away from equalling ours with this latest treble.

1 minute ago, Stunels said:

Front three needs replacing but spending the majority of the money on a decent finisher shout be priority imo

We have a decent finisher (Roofe),what we need is a decent finisher who isn’t injured 90% of the time.