How do we line up?

What's everyone's suggestions for starting 11 / formation once all the transfer business is completed?

I'll kick off.. we will most likely concede 1 or 2 goals a game on the break in the brief moments opposition teams actually get to touch the football, but our firepower will negate this. :pipe:

(Feel free to contribute with some serious suggestions)

LINEUP111690227545151.png

Butland

Tav.  Goldson. Souttar. Yilmaz

Raskin

Cantwell.       Lawrence/Cifuentes

Lammers

Danilo.          Dessers

OR

Butland

Tav   Goldson  Souttar  Yilmaz

Cantwell   Raskin  Lawrence/Cifuentes

Sima.    Lammers

Danilo/Dessers

Bench

McCrorie/McLaughlin

Davies

Sterling

Barisic

Dowell

Lundstram/Jack 

Sakala

Roofe

28 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

What's everyone's suggestions for starting 11 / formation once all the transfer business is completed?

I'll kick off.. we will most likely concede 1 or 2 goals a game on the break in the brief moments opposition teams actually get to touch the football, but our firepower will negate this. :pipe:

You go first

56 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

WOW!!

I think we’ll have a ‘normal’ and a ‘big games’ approach.

Usual will be…

4-2-2-2

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Ridvan

Lundstram Raskin

Cantwell Lammers

Dessers Danilo

Tougher games will see us go to his 4-3-3 with Cantwell becoming part of the front 3 and another more defensive midfielder. 

I have no idea how we line up! I can’t imagine we will play Denilo, Dessers, Roofe, Lammers, Cantwell and Sima all at the same time!

Whoever plays has to be given time though. We don’t sign that many players and rip through the league immediately. Some have said the filth did it, but they came very close to losing the league by October and only our wastefulness saved them that year.

I think people are forgetting Dowell. He will start on Aug 5th (based on two games so far) at least until Cifuentes gets up to speed. 

If Lawrence and Roofe get back to peak performances, it gives Beale a bit of a headache. One he won't mind.

3 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

Ah 2-3-5, haven't seen that formation since the Austrian teams of the 30s.

3 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

Is 23-24 you're score prediction ?

29 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

image.thumb.png.d53ee88409b1911ad4067534f98937c5.png

This. Probably won’t end up as a diamond, but when you follow the money in terms of wages/fees spent, it’s gotta be this or close to it. 

We’ll start Lammers and Jack/Lundstram in European games/more difficult domestic away games and revert to more of a 4-3-3 with one of Danilo/Dessers dropping out. 

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

This. Probably won’t end up as a diamond, but when you follow the money in terms of wages/fees spent, it’s gotta be this or close to it. 

We’ll start Lammers and Jack/Lundstram in European games/more difficult domestic away games and revert to more of a 4-3-3 with one of Danilo/Dessers dropping out. 

If you look at the signings, you can't fit them all into the same team (not without reverting to the madness of a 2-3-5 :craphead:)

So assuming people all hit the ground running, Beale will need to rotate often or have different tactics (4-3-3, 3-5-2, 4-3-2) to utilise them.

I think 5 mins into games where most players start won't then be their position as the front 5 or 6 will all be interchanging places. Beale wants them fluid in their play.

6 for me are pretty nailed on:

Butland

Tav  Goldson. Souttar. Yilmaz

Raskin

4 that I think we'll regularly see as we get competitive are:

Cantwell, Danilo, Dessers, Lammers.

The rest are fighting for 1 jersey. Against most scottish teams it'll be a forward going player. In Europe or against some top end scottish teams it'll be someone more defensively minded.

3 hours ago, Broxi said:

Butland

Tavernier Goldson Souttar Yilmaz

Raskin

Cantwell Cifuentes

Lammers

Danilo Dessers

Will be our strongest XI I reckon. Whether it works or not is another thing but very excited about that lineup!

5 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

2 at the back? 😂

I honestly don't mind at this stage, as long as I don't see combos like Jack, Lundstram, Kamara or Tavernier, Goldson, Davies, Barisic.

I'm keen to see more from the team. It's at that stage where I'm excited by the squad, but I'm also still not sure what to expect. Hopeful we are strong across the board, and rotating the squad doesn't impact our quality.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Butland

Goldson Lundtsram Souttar

Tav Jack Raskin Yilmaz

Cantwell

Lammers 

Danilo

We didn't buy all these attacking players to play that system, let alone that selection of players.

unless you are at the wind-up.