The RM Beale poll

graeme_4

The RM Beale poll  

398 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Beale will be a success?

4 hours ago, Dickie said:

Apart from Butland looking a commanding keeper there was absolutely fuck all positive to take from that shambles.

At times it looked like another friendly with us playing the ball lazily sideways and backwards,no urgency no pattern and the fact we can’t even defend a long throw in is shocking.

2 fullbacks who can’t defend but were excused because they were great going forward are now contributing zero to the team.

I think it was worse than that. This is supposed to be Beale's new look squad with his new vision, formation and tactics  He was given free reign in the transfer window and chose his own new look forward line and has had the time now to sort out every area of the team and squad. His new look forward line look disjointed and average at best. The defence is the usual shambles with no signs of improvement or upgrading. I am happy with our midfield atm mainly because zI think Raskin is pure class and Cantwell much better than expected, but even there Beale looks a bit lost, still relying on a lumbering Lundstrum and and ageing Jack. Like I said, that Kilmarnock result is very tough to take, but it's also the pre season games combined with that which fills me with dread for the coming season already.

8 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

I think it was worse than that. This is supposed to be Beale's new look squad with his new vision, formation and tactics  He was given free reign in the transfer window and chose his own new look forward line and has had the time now to sort out every area of the team and squad. His new look forward line look disjointed and average at best. The defence is the usual shambles with no signs of improvement or upgrading. I am happy with our midfield atm mainly because zI think Raskin is pure class and Cantwell much better than expected, but even there Beale looks a bit lost, still relying on a lumbering Lundstrum and and ageing Jack. Like I said, that Kilmarnock result is very tough to take, but it's also the pre season games combined with that which fills me with dread for the coming season already.

The lack of focus on defence is worrying. 

We needed attack improvements with the chances we squandered last year. 

But we were conceding some awful cheap goals and we've continued on with that at the weekend. 

It shouldn't come as a surprise as we're still reliant on the same players there that have failed before.

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The lack of focus on defence is worrying. 

We needed attack improvements with the chances we squandered last year. 

But we were conceding some awful cheap goals and we've continued on with that at the weekend. 

It shouldn't come as a surprise as we're still reliant on the same players there that have failed before.

This is the worry for me. Does Beale have the vision and nous to sort this team out, cos it's not looking like it so far.

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Far too simplistic to say it’s down to dribbling wingers. They were better defensively, had rotations and off the ball runs that were hard to track, far higher tempo, took their chances a lot better than we did. I’d say that had a lot more to do with it than how two players out of the 11 were set up.

We played with wingers under gio, we had around 50% win ratio in away games like Saturday. If we played with wingers on Saturday we’d of probably end up with the same result as we were miles off it.

We concedwd 3 more goals than they did in the league last season, and that's a season where we lost every centre half to injury at one point

They did score 21 more goals than us

Don't know what people were expecting him to say. "Yeah my system is shit"? 

Also he's right, the two up front system is the same one we beat them 3-0 with. The formation may well work, we just need to implement a better style and attitude into it, play more direct, play braver passes etc etc. 

We've played 4-3-3 and looked equally lethargic and boring, it's not necessarily down to formation. 

2 hours ago, Broxi said:

Also he's right, the two up front system is the same one we beat them 3-0 with. The formation may well work, we just need to implement a better style and attitude into it, play more direct, play braver passes etc etc. 

We've played 4-3-3 and looked equally lethargic and boring, it's not necessarily down to formation. 

It worked against them because they are more likely to come at us, leaving space to go and attack in.

The issue still is we struggle against sides that sit in and play the low block. We always end up resorting to the keep sending in crosses and hope someone eventually gets on one regardless of formation. 

I get beale isn't going to come out and criticise his own system. But on the pitch he's got to show he can change things up if it isn't working. 

We don't need another do Plan A better. 

3 hours ago, B1872 said:

Wow!

b3e1a1b3-93ad-45d8-b80b-fc9f00cad028.jpeg

What was more bizarre was saying Sakala was part of his plans and he wanted him to stay, but because he has a great relationship with him he told him to go as the money was so good. And that he’s unlikely to get to spend the money on a replacement. Or words to that effect. 

2 hours ago, Broxi said:

Agree with this play Danilo and Lammers up top with Cantwell behind until Dessers shows something. 

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

What was more bizarre was saying Sakala was part of his plans and he wanted him to stay, but because he has a great relationship with him he told him to go as the money was so good. And that he’s unlikely to get to spend the money on a replacement. Or words to that effect. 

Aye it was a weird as fuck press conference tbh! Didn’t leave me with much confidence and left me with more questions than answers.

36 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

"The way we play is fine. We just need to be more decisive"

:ang:

He's watching a different game of football from the rest of us. I cant see this going any other way than south.

Moronic sticking with a system that doesn't work, if he wants to double down on it he'd be as well packing his bags the now. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Think he was just being kind to Sakala in a public press conference which he should be. Pretty well known he was for sale for a while.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Approx 62% in the 'No/Not sure' votes is very high after just one game, M B needs to sort this shit out and quickly. 

Result and good performance tomorrow will go a long way towards that.

Were people expecting us to be shit hot from the get go? We’ve signed 9 players, released 5, sold 2 with others to follow. It will take time for things to come together, I just think we still should have had more than enough about us to beat a shite Kilmarnock side managed by long ball McInnes.

What I’d really like to see is urgency in our play, I don’t have issue with the passing style provided we do it quicker and crisper (should come with match sharpness really). We were outfought by Kilmarnock and that’s a worry, he needs to get the players really up for this tomorrow night.

Hes gone all in on his narrower formation so like it or not this is how it will be this season, so he needs to make it work and quickly.

4 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Result and good performance tomorrow will go a long way towards that.

Were people expecting us to be shit hot from the get go? We’ve signed 9 players, released 5, sold 2 with others to follow. It will take time for things to come together, I just think we still should have had more than enough about us to beat a shite Kilmarnock side managed by long ball McInnes.

What I’d really like to see is urgency in our play, I don’t have issue with the passing style provided we do it quicker and crisper (should come with match sharpness really). We were outfought by Kilmarnock and that’s a worry, he needs to get the players really up for this tomorrow night.

Hes gone all in on his narrower formation so like it or not this is how it will be this season, so he needs to make it work and quickly.

I didn’t expect us to be absolutely fucking chronic, after spending millions, or not even starting a fit striker over an unfit striker.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I didn’t expect us to be absolutely fucking chronic, after spending millions, or not even starting a fit striker over an unfit striker.

Yeah the team selection I can’t defend at all, Danilo had been on fire for feyenoord during their friendlies and Beale acts like he’s getting fit.

The lethargic tempo is something that needs to be stamped out, if that’s how we are going to play with his players then we (and he) are fucked.