What's Wrong?

Clemdog

Not brilliant squad management by Beale that either Jack or Lundstrum look like they’re starting massive European qualifiers. 

Neither have the legs to play that deep lying role where they can bail out our fullbacks and fill in on the counter.

And both are very average in possession. 

16 hours ago, the brown brogue said:

Those are the two signings that I had no enthusiasm for when we were first linked with them and I've seen nothing from either of them yet to convince me otherwise. Dessers I assume Beale is hoping would be the focal point target man type, which remains to be seen, but Lammers just looks laid back yet awkward at the same time. Skillful yes but not an out and out number 9, doesn't seem to have the skillset to play as a number 10 and definitely not a wide player, so I really struggle to see where he fits in.

Lammers seems like a guy that should play at a lower level and be a quality number 10 at that level. Some players can handle playing at a higher level by making up for it with physicality, Tav being a prime example. Lammers just isn't that player. Really doesn't look a good fit for us.  

5 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Lammers seems like a guy that should play at a lower level and be a quality number 10 at that level. Some players can handle playing at a higher level by making up for it with physicality, Tav being a prime example. Lammers just isn't that player. Really doesn't look a good fit for us.  

Got to agree, the hype in pre season games looks to be just that, in the 4 competitive games so far he has shown very little, 3.5 million looks a right good deal for his former club. 

Think some are maybe too quick to jump on the band wagon , I've seen some good passages of play in our game and with a little more time I can only see good things......only negative for me is we do lack genuine width.

The new lad sima doesn't seem to be comfortable out wide for me and shows with our lack of real width.

Lammers for me looks a real threat at times but I don't feel we are utilising him properly.

Dessers will be a big goal threat and Danilo looks like he's trying to hard and things just not working for him ATM....but I believe they will.

Early sign for me are encouraging.

29 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Think some are maybe too quick to jump on the band wagon , I've seen some good passages of play in our game and with a little more time I can only see good things......only negative for me is we do lack genuine width.

The new lad sima doesn't seem to be comfortable out wide for me and shows with our lack of real width.

Lammers for me looks a real threat at times but I don't feel we are utilising him properly.

Dessers will be a big goal threat and Danilo looks like he's trying to hard and things just not working for him ATM....but I believe they will.

Agreed on the width and Beale needs to sort it. He’s spoken about replacing Kent recently so think he’s woken up to this.

It’s hard to judge new players as they’re still getting used to playing with each other.

But for the money we spent (For guys supposedly close to their prime.). We need them to come good this season and quickly.

These aren’t guys that are going to turn us a big profit. These are guys we spent good money on hit the ground running and to get us into the CL and win the league this season.

It’s not encouraging. Not disastrous but not encouraging.

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yes, players are making mistakes. Players are inconsistent and or poor. 

I thought the complaint is that Beales new system fault is playing narrow so how can the complaint be 7 of the players know Beales system when it's new?

Tav and Barisic need upgraded, but so did almost the full team and squad tbf.  Which area of the rebuild shouldn't we have invested time and money into to allow us to sign flying wing backs (presumably at a cost) and would you have been happy with what we had in those areas?*

*disclaimer - transfer window still open, the manager is also covering as the Head of recruitment, he's said he's looking to bring more in but we're clearly not getting the deals for the we want punted. 😁

If his system is reliant on flying fullbacks, surely he upgrades them first unless he thinks they are good enough 

27 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If his system is reliant on flying fullbacks, surely he upgrades them first unless he thinks they are good enough 

Yep, had to prioritise that. And a keeper. And CHs. And midfield. And CFs. And wingers.  Not much that shouldn't have been top priority tbh.

I do think he's had to rely on some players in addition to Cantwell and Raskin. It might be wrong to do so with last seasons defence but it's equally wrong to say it'd have been OK to not tackle GK, midfield or front line overhauls

2 hours ago, Camshy said:

This.

It’s the nature of the social media beast. It’s always black or white opinions. Very few take a step back and consider the circumstances.

Which are:

A host of new players having to hit the ground from the off.

We have to rake around the transfer bargain bin (£6m is fuck all these days) in the hope we unearth a gem or two.

Sometimes, teams just have collective off days.

That Off day just happened to be the first SPFL game and was magnified by dropping our best player last season (which still makes no fucking sense).

Applying common sense, you can see Dessers has a good footballing brain, the chest one two in the box showed that. He just chose to hit the ball with his instep rather than with the outside of his foot. Irrespective, and inch or two the the right and it’s going in off the post.

Lammers has got a lot in his locker but likely to take time settling into his role.

Danilo will do well once he familiarises himself with Beale’s tactical approach and gets a goal or two under his belt (I expect this v Morton on Sat).

And as mentioned above, the majority of players (as well as some of the regulars) are getting used to the system they are being asked to play.

Discarding the Kilmarnock performance we’ve showed glimpses of what is possible when it all clicks in the other games. We’ve scored 7 goals in the last 3 games, earned around 6m in the process and the chance to qualify for the group stages of the CL.

And that’s us still finding our feet/plating poorly.

Imagine when everyone has a good day. Somebody will get an absolute doing.

Hopefully it’s PSV but a torturous 0-0 aggregate and going through on penalties will make me just as happy.

41 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yep, had to prioritise that. And a keeper. And CHs. And midfield. And CFs. And wingers.  Not much that shouldn't have been top priority tbh.

I do think he's had to rely on some players in addition to Cantwell and Raskin. It might be wrong to do so with last seasons defence but it's equally wrong to say it'd have been OK to not tackle GK, midfield or front line overhauls

I know we needed a lot of upgrades, but considering we had cantwell, sakala and colak, did we need to spunk all our cash on 3 new front men who couldn't hit a coos are with a banjo, meanwhile we havent done anything about the critical part of beales system 

We could easily have kept sakala, not bought dessers or lammers, and spent the cash on the backline and probably been better off overall

22 minutes ago, beararse said:

This.

It’s the nature of the social media beast. It’s always black or white opinions. Very few take a step back and consider the circumstances.

Which are:

A host of new players having to hit the ground from the off.

We have to rake around the transfer bargain bin (£6m is fuck all these days) in the hope we unearth a gem or two.

Sometimes, teams just have collective off days.

That Off day just happened to be the first SPFL game and was magnified by dropping our best player last season (which still makes no fucking sense).

Applying common sense, you can see Dessers has a good footballing brain, the chest one two in the box showed that. He just chose to hit the ball with his instep rather than with the outside of his foot. Irrespective, and inch or two the the right and it’s going in off the post.

Lammers has got a lot in his locker but likely to take time settling into his role.

Danilo will do well once he familiarises himself with Beale’s tactical approach and gets a goal or two under his belt (I expect this v Morton on Sat).

And as mentioned above, the majority of players (as well as some of the regulars) are getting used to the system they are being asked to play.

Discarding the Kilmarnock performance we’ve showed glimpses of what is possible when it all clicks in the other games. We’ve scored 7 goals in the last 3 games, earned around 6m in the process and the chance to qualify for the group stages of the CL.

And that’s us still finding our feet/plating poorly.

Imagine when everyone has a good day. Somebody will get an absolute doing.

Hopefully it’s PSV but a torturous 0-0 aggregate and going through on penalties will make me just as happy.

You say 6mill is nothing, but we play in a backwater league, 

How much have we spent on players, and look at the tarrier outlay for the same position 

Kyogo probably cost the same amount as dessers, dessers will be lucky to hit fouble figures this season while Kyogo will batter 20+ goals without breaking sweat 

How much did hatate and maeda cost them, how much did we spend on lammers and danilo

Fact is the fat aussie treated scottish football as should be, with little respect as possible, and built the tarrier team accordingly, we on the other hand seen the narrow system fail 10 times of out of 12, and continue to think thats what will beat scottish football

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I know we needed a lot of upgrades, but considering we had cantwell, sakala and colak, did we need to spunk all our cash on 3 new front men who couldn't hit a coos are with a banjo, meanwhile we havent done anything about the critical part of beales system 

We could easily have kept sakala, not bought dessers or lammers, and spent the cash on the backline and probably been better off overall

I'd imagine the Colak and Sakala monies are needed as part of the offsetting the spend. Plus they seem to be the few offers we've received.

If we'd put all our eggs into the Danilo basket, with Colak, Sakala and Roofe as our backups you and most others including myself would have been fucking raging. Van der Veen would have actually made sense as an alternative.

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You say 6mill is nothing, but we play in a backwater league, 

How much have we spent on players, and look at the tarrier outlay for the same position 

Kyogo probably cost the same amount as dessers, dessers will be lucky to hit fouble figures this season while Kyogo will batter 20+ goals without breaking sweat 

How much did hatate and maeda cost them, how much did we spend on lammers and danilo

Fact is the fat aussie treated scottish football as should be, with little respect as possible, and built the tarrier team accordingly, we on the other hand seen the narrow system fail 10 times of out of 12, and continue to think thats what will beat scottish football

Seriously Jim?

There's a clear fitness and sharpness issue, but lucky to score 9 more goals this season???

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd imagine the Colak and Sakala monies are needed as part of the offsetting the spend. Plus they seem to be the few offers we've received.

If we'd put all our eggs into the Danilo basket, with Colak, Sakala and Roofe as our backups you and most others including myself would have been fucking raging. Van der Veen would have actually made sense as an alternative.

The colak and sakala monies were needed cause we bought lammers and were perusing dessers, bin deserves and we could have kept either of the two we sold

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The colak and sakala monies were needed cause we bought lammers and were perusing dessers, bin deserves and we could have kept either of the two we sold

So you'd have been happy going into this season with Danilo, Roofe, Colak and/ or Sakala?

Our finishing has been a major problem this season, sitters being missed etc.  But at least chances are being created, I'd like to think our new forwards have potential for big improvements.  As a whole the team has a long way to go but I can potentially see us getting stronger and stronger.  Maybe Im too positive tho feel free to shut me down

3 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Our finishing has been a major problem this season, sitters being missed etc.  But at least chances are being created, I'd like to think our new forwards have potential for big improvements.  As a whole the team has a long way to go but I can potentially see us getting stronger and stronger.  Maybe Im too positive tho feel free to shut me down

IMG_0330.gif

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Passages of play have shown how we are trying to play for 90 minutes. It will come good but that will only come with game time. Overall we have a higher standard of player than last season.

On what evidence are you basing this.