The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

15 minutes ago, molesmole said:

Coach with a big Ego.

The Wunderkind!

Not cut out for management- few players clearly not happy, Hagi for one. 

Gerrard was the Authority and manager and demanded respect.

Beale was everyone's Pal the coach the tactics guy.

Bit of more than he can chew now.

Gerrard was an arse as a manager as well dont let one title fool you, he threw certain players under the bus for the smallest of mistakes while letting others away with howlers that cost us games, waa stubborn when it came to his favourites no matter how they were playing while fucking over others for no reason other than he was protecting his favs

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

It is safe to say a club our size needs a DOF. To put the successes and failures on one man's head is naïve, and it made Beale feel infallible (he is not)

Bisgrove is a marketing genius, but we need more football brains to direct the club.

Magath, a shareholder, is a logical candidate, and if it goes south for MB in the coming weeks, he could step in as an interim coach until he finds the right candidate.

Fucking hell

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Gerrard was an arse as a manager as well dont let one title fool you, he threw certain players under the bus for the smallest of mistakes while letting others away with howlers that cost us games, waa stubborn when it came to his favourites no matter how they were playing while fucking over others for no reason other than he was protecting his favs

What was Gio like Jim?

Been a page or two since you brought the conversation back round to that.

If you can’t beat ‘em…

52 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Still think he changed the squad too much in one go.  When he first came in last year, he indicated he had faith in the players we had and he could get them playing for him.  In a few months that changed to we needed a wholesale clear out.  Given Beale’s main selling point was/is his coaching ability, you would think that given we were going to Morelos, Kent, Arfield, Davis, etc, he might have hung on to the likes of Sakala and Colak and tried to improve and get more out of them.  At least, he knew what they could do (and what areas they needed to improve) whereas he doesn’t seem to have a clue about how to use the players he has brought in or what position/system to play them in.  Times running out fast for him if he doesn’t find this out quick style.  League Cup win and Europe after Christmas is minimum needed for him to survive, I think.

Arguably he hasn't changed it enough.

His spend on players was financed heavily by players clubs bid for, including some like Colak and Sakala who for me weren't topping the list of those anyone desperately wanted moved on. But if no-one is willing to buy the likes of Davies, Hagi, Wright, Matondo (we'd almost all have happily seen him go) Barisic etc then needs must.

He's not done enough defensively. Davies staying I believe restricted that. But I'd have preferred the other Souttar in than Balogun or Davies. He should have strengthened full backs too but I'm not sure money was there for that plus up front, especially if we didn't have the sakala/Colak money.

Ultimately he's been like the tinkerman, players are being wasted playing out of best positions, his signings haven't hit the ground running, and his defenders have made too many errors. Butland is our most (only?)consistent player.

Falling further behind in the league, a league cup defeat, or a proper poor result in the EL will see him gone.  He's running on empty. 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I read and knew what you meant, still a shocker of a suggestion.

Asking our board to find a replacement for Beale is a ludicrous idea. They are not the football side of Rangers

Find a DOF first. Magath who has 30+ years in management and an excellent player in his day, is hardly a shocking suggestion for DOF. And as I said, a shareholder at the club.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

It is safe to say a club our size needs a DOF. To put the successes and failures on one man's head is naïve, and it made Beale feel infallible (he is not)

Bisgrove is a marketing genius, but we need more football brains to direct the club.

Magath, a shareholder, is a logical candidate, and if it goes south for MB in the coming weeks, he could step in as an interim coach until he finds the right candidate.

Not against that in the slightest. 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Asking our board to find a replacement for Beale is a ludicrous idea. They are not the football side of Rangers

Find a DOF first. Magath who has 30+ years in management and an excellent player in his day, is hardly a shocking suggestion for DOF. And as I said, a shareholder at the club.

This the Magath that’s been out of football for the best part of 10 years and tried to cure players’ injuries by rubbing cheese on them aye?

57 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

What was Gio like Jim?

Been a page or two since you brought the conversation back round to that.

If you can’t beat ‘em…

Whata gio got to do with it. I replied to a post about gerrard

If you can't stay on topic then why post, strange thing if you ask me