The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Never once made any such distinction. EVERY game matters. No such thing as 'meaningless' games against them.

I never said your opinion on it. I said you moved the debate onto what games matter and dont which the last two pages involving multiple posters has been about.

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What was fatty aussies record in scotland abd abroad before he came to scotland and absolutely bitch slapped it after 6 montjs of bedding in

In the relative confines of Australia (probably as good as the SPL these days) quite fucking good actually. Four titles with two separate teams

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye folk would have cared. ‘We’ve handed them momentum for next season’ and ‘that’ll be a boost for them’ etc. 

Thats just cunts trying to be staunch as fuck, in reality once the league is won no cunt gives a fuck about any other league games after it, including the OF

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Makes your earlier claim even more ridiculous then

It's still not a ridiculous point. 6 out of the last 7 Rangers title winning managers (including two Walter reigns) have beaten celtic in their first two games as manager.

The odds are against you if you dont.

15 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The game didn’t matter because we won it, but if we had lost it you can bet any amount of money that people would have used it as a stick to beat Beale with.

And folk that wanted us to play kids post split would 100% now be bringing up points dropped from games they'd deemed meaningless.

16 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The game didn’t matter because we won it, but if we had lost it you can bet any amount of money that people would have used it as a stick to beat Beale with.

Well in all fairness if you can get a win against a half arsed tarrier team who have the title wrapped up and had sent their only decent centre half for surgery, then questions would be asked 

The last OF game is probably a no win situation for the title losing team if its done before the game 

1 hour ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

There is something there with Beale. The way players and staff have talked about his football IQ means something. If Steven Gerrard calls you a tactical genius, clearly you have some level of ability to think the game. 

I’m not doubting he’s a great football mind, I just don’t see any of that translating onto the pitch. We have no direction, no style, and at times it’s hard to tell what the hell we’re trying to do. 

I get it’s tough to lineup most weeks against teams who just put 10 men behind the ball and try to hold on for 90 minutes, but a Rangers manager just simply has to do better than what we’re seeing. 

if you were to watch any domestic game from the past 5 years, players on the pitch aside, you’d have no idea who was managing based on style of play. It’s been the same old horrid dog shite every year. 

This club, and all the players, managers, and fans who came before, simply deserve better. 

That’s the job and he would have known it better than most having worked here before. 

It’s a weak excuse as well. We face it often enough that we should have it sussed out by now.

21 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It mattered because we had to show we were still capable of beating them and get the monkey off our back. It lost it’s meaning as soon as he surrendered to them at the next opportunity.

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

In my opinion Beale improved us on Gio last season, but I think he's made us worse than Gio this season. Due to both style and recruitment.

Our squad this season is a lot worse than our squad last season. Therefore, Beale has made us worse.

He did well getting results last season, but where we stand now, and when it mattered for him to improve us properly over the summer with his own ideas/players, he has made us a worse team than the one he took over from Gio. 

This in a nutshell. If you lined up the current squad versus the one Gio inherited with the same manager for both. I think the Gio one pumps this one.

Beale improved us last year tactically. But this Summer has been a disaster. I didn’t think our recruitment could get any worse but the early signs are it has. 

9 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He’s never winning a title and you know it. I’m convinced you’re defending him at this point just for the arguments.

Off course he is mate that’s why I stopped replying to him 🤣

Tbf it’s quite entertaining at times reading him arguing with every cunt and being deliberately obtuse 

19 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

It's still not a ridiculous point. 6 out of the last 7 Rangers title winning managers (including two Walter reigns) have beaten celtic in their first two games as manager.

The odds are against you if you dont.

It’s was made up bullshit

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don’t know it. And neither do you

We do though. You’ll come away with some “what’s the lottery numbers for next week?” patter as a response no doubt because you’ve backed him to the point now that you can’t change your mind. It’s some hill to die on tbf.

If he’s still here come January we’ll be 10+ points behind though. Unless the tarriers start chucking points away again as well.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Off course he is mate that’s why I stopped replying to him 🤣

Tbf it’s quite entertaining at times reading him arguing with every cunt and being deliberately obtuse 

I’m actually annoyed at myself for biting because it’s so obvious :lol: 

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

We do though. You’ll come away with some “what’s the lottery numbers for next week?” patter as a response no doubt because you’ve backed him to the point now that you can’t change your mind. It’s some hill to die on tbf.

If he’s still here come January we’ll be 10+ points behind though. Unless the tarriers start chucking points away again as well.

I’ve not backed him. I never wanted him and still don’t. He should never have even been considered as Gios replacement. I’ve said this consistently throughout the thread. A typical lazy appointment from a Rangers board who are miles out of their depth. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I’ve not backed him. I never wanted him and still don’t. He should never have even been considered as Gios replacement. I’ve said this consistently throughout the thread. A typical lazy appointment from a Rangers board who are miles out of their depth. 

Valid point mate. You can pass the phone back to The Dude now.

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And folk that wanted us to play kids post split would 100% now be bringing up points dropped from games they'd deemed meaningless.

Does anybody bring up dropping points against Hearts when he played McGregor, Kamara etc?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

A point I’ve been making since the clubs useful idiots were cheerleading him. 

Fwiw I’ve said before both Gio and Beale were lazy appointments. They were popular names on twitter at the time and we seemed to appoint both without anyone else even getting a look in.

It’s why Muscat being the new twitter favourite gives me the fear.