Dessers

BigBearButt

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its clearly instruction on how to ser up. Bad idea from the gaffer imo. But it was aggressive in positioning, and one where we can't weakly lose possession and gift a breakaway chance. And that's what he did, needlessly.

Which as I've said doesn't make him culpable, but was shite play that started their move. Didn't say goal was his fault.

Perhaps not the best example of him being wasteful in possession as it implies it’s his fault for the goal, fair enough if you weren’t actually saying that.

Not defending him because most of his play in the final third is atrocious, ball retention, decision making.

4 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

What is the schoolboy stuff? 

He had 4 players tackle him of which at the time he thought the ball hit a Benfica player in the arm. 

Without blaming him you are certainly throwing his name in the ring to be blamed. 

He'd 4 players behind him not tackling him until he turned into them instead of laying the ball off. That's schoolboy, the odds were never in his favour.

Of course he's partly to blame, he stupidly lost possession. I know you're half cut and on a defensive crusade of the guy but surely to fuck you're not absolving him of all blame for their goal. Surely 😂

Just seen the goal back for the first time and fuck me 

If you’re defending this donkey who can’t take 2 steps without falling over his own feet for trying a Cruyff turn in the box into about 7 men over just laying off his team mate on the edge of the box you’re a fucking loony

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Perhaps not the best example of him being wasteful in possession as it implies it’s his fault for the goal, fair enough if you weren’t actually saying that.

Not defending him because most of his play in the final third is atrocious, ball retention, decision making.

I'm nor implying anything. I'm saying he's not solely culpable but had a part to play in it. He's not blameless for his part.

5 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Again no one is saying different, however the idea that dessers scores against the dross is a myth, he's scored in 12 different domestic appearances from 32, thats a terrible level of consistency going into the title run in

To be honest I'm only interested in goals per minute, think it's completely daft to discount doubles and pretend 20 minute appearances are full games.

4 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

10 in 24 games, i literally just posted it in the post you quoted 

OK and his overall returns is 15 or 16 in 24 games which means he contributes in every other game. 

Ffs Flo scored a shit load up to a certain point then went on a dry spell, xg means absolutely fuck all. Especially when we have as many players injured to our creative players as we do. 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He'd 4 players behind him not tackling him until he turned into them instead of laying the ball off. That's schoolboy, the odds were never in his favour.

Of course he's partly to blame, he stupidly lost possession. I know you're half cut and on a defensive crusade of the guy but surely to fuck you're not absolving him of all blame for their goal. Surely 😂

Ffs if I was half cut it would mean reading this shite would be easier. 

4 players BEHIND him, forgot he has eyes on the back of his head. I agree laying the ball off would have been a better option, players act on instinct unfortunately and not all have the required hindsight we have. 

You stated you weren't blaming him but now saying he's partly to blame, make up your fucking mind. 

4 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

OK and his overall returns is 15 or 16 in 24 games which means he contributes in every other game. 

Ffs Flo scored a shit load up to a certain point then went on a dry spell, xg means absolutely fuck all. Especially when we have as many players injured to our creative players as we do. 

It's 16 goals in 40.

Just now, chris182 said:

I'll back him whilst hes our player but I'd be looking for much much better in the Summer. Awful signing in all honesty.

Feyernoord won the lottery when Beale came knocking.

That's Danilo. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Again no one is saying different, however the idea that dessers scores against the dross is a myth, he's scored in 12 different domestic appearances from 32, thats a terrible level of consistency going into the title run in

Scored against the dross is our league in general compared to Benfica. 

He has goals which factually proves he scores against dross. 

My original post was about exactly the fact that folk were saying differently and conceding the league. 

Others have just jumped on the band wagon of me saying differently and that he will be played regardless and we'll win the treble........oh and he'll contribute! 

2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Scored against the dross is our league in general compared to Benfica. 

He has goals which factually proves he scores against dross. 

My original post was about exactly the fact that folk were saying differently and conceding the league. 

Others have just jumped on the band wagon of me saying differently and that he will be played regardless and we'll win the treble........oh and he'll contribute! 

But your "he scores against the dross" is hiding the truth that if dessers scores as he has done this season against the dross, from now till season end, he'll likely only score in 4 out of the 11 games remaining

Do you think that would be acceptable? 

7 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

But your "he scores against the dross" is hiding the truth that if dessers scores as he has done this season against the dross, from now till season end, he'll likely only score in 4 out of the 11 games remaining

Do you think that would be acceptable? 

You are guessing based off a season that has been up and down. 

Ok I'll try and explain these guess work stats more for you. 

This season Hojlund(no I'm not comparing players only how stats are shite) had scored 6 goals in 26 since joining man utd which is a ratio of 1 goal every 4 games. He then went on to score 8 goals in 8 games which is 1 goal per game. 

My point is nobody knows, all we know that he has scored against the dross and I'm confident he will continue, to how many nobody knows but it WILL be enough to see us win a treble. 

A decent striker does not need to take 5 or 6 touches, does not change feet 2 or 3 times until the ball is taken off him or he falls over. 
Strangely, watched Memphis Depay score against Inter; ball comes to him, one touch and bang, goal. The first thing that came to mind was what Dessers would do given that chance and one touch and shoot never came into the equation.