Dessers

BigBearButt

8 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I'm concerned for all games. Not just by Dessers shite performances but the actual physical state of our squad. We looked absolutely dead on our feet at 60 minutes with nothing in the engine and the gaffer couldn't make subs as we are the walking wounded.

It's going to take an incredible effort by all involved including the medical staff to get over the line.

We have a break coming up that should freshen us up a bit. Hopefully Sima won't be long to come back and I would play him through the middle immediately. At least he can hit a first time shot. 

8 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I'm concerned for all games. Not just by Dessers shite performances but the actual physical state of our squad. We looked absolutely dead on our feet at 60 minutes with nothing in the engine and the gaffer couldn't make subs as we are the walking wounded.

It's going to take an incredible effort by all involved including the medical staff to get over the line.

Aye my thoughts exactly. Can’t remember ever seeing us as dead on our feet as we were last night.

And our press and intensity has been the key to how we play and score a lot of goals.

If we aren’t winning possession back in dangerous areas or Tav isn’t binning forward, Dessers and co up front aren’t creating much let alone finishing the few ones we do create. 

4 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I hope the failure not to go get a goalscorer in January doesn't cost us. I have no faith in the guy it's criminal that our treble hopes could potentially be on him. 

Cant put any faith in him. We start with 10 men everytime he’s in the side. Keep saying it but he’s more of a hindrance than a help 

7 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

For our main striker, our only striker, playing the full 90mins, i disagree, especially when the stats say that he'll score them in 4 games and shoot blanks in the other 7 games

We dont have a lot of goals in the rest of the team, he is our focal point striker, most of the decent chances fall to him, he needs to score way more

If we don’t have a lot of goals in the rest of the team, that’s not Dessers’ fault. He was poor again, last night, and has to take the blame for that.

However, the lack of goals in the rest of the team is down to the rest of the team.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

The concern isn’t Dundee or the likes. It’s the old firm, the impending battles at Hampden as we chase a treble. He just doesn’t have it in him to score with a half chance or even a single chance in a game and that’s what ultimately will cost us unless Lawrence, Diomande, Cantwell and Silva dig us out with 4-5 goals each in the run in. 

The bit where we broke and he just knocked it by their CB and got outpaced within 3 strides was so embarrassing. 

4-5 goals each is unrealistic, but if our midfield continues to score as few goals as it currently does that will cost us as much as Dessers potentially will. 

11 minutes ago, left winger said:

4-5 goals each is unrealistic, but if our midfield continues to score as few goals as it currently does that will cost us as much as Dessers potentially will. 

In 11 games? I’d fully expect that from Cantwell and Silva at the very least

I still don't get why a certain poster is constantly going on about people giving up on the league etc because they are criticising a shite player who once again played absolutely fucking shite in a thread about that shite player, there isn't a single bit of doubt anymore, he's absolutely fucking shite, I never want to set eyes on the cunt again, I'd put anycunt in that position before him.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Cantwell: 6 in 34 so far.

Silva: 4 in 14 so far.

Going by their performances so far, it’s not out the question for Silva  to get at least 4-5, but requires improvement. With Cantwell it would require an incredible improvement.

Yet you ‘fully expect’ that from them? Why?

I don't think it's fair to blame Dessers for the current predicament. 

It's not his fault he is the only fully fit striker at the club.

I just dread that could be something that is going to cost us. I feel that Dessers up top might cost us the league - and I think that's a perfectly valid concern. We cannot rely on him and no amount of stats tell me otherwise, I'm judging this on my eyes and his overall play. He is sometimes good, sometimes ok, but far too often dreadful.

It's concerning that is the hand we are holding and can only hope he hits another wee purple patch or players start coming back fit.

You can only hope and pray he manages to score against them, he gains some redemption for his Rangers career, we go on to win the league and he leaves in the summer with all our best wishes and we buy much, much better.

"you may say I'm a dreamer................"

10 minutes ago, left winger said:

Cantwell: 6 in 34 so far.

Silva: 4 in 14 so far.

Going by their performances so far, it’s not out the question for Silva  to get at least 4-5, but requires improvement. With Cantwell it would require an incredible improvement.

Yet you ‘fully expect’ that from them? Why?

Because this is at a time in the season where we need our supposed quality players to step up. Any Rangers forward player who isn’t a striker should be expecting to score in what is almost 1 in 3 games. It isn’t as much of an ask as you think it is. 

16 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Because this is at a time in the season where we need our supposed quality players to step up. Any Rangers forward player who isn’t a striker should be expecting to score in what is almost 1 in 3 games. It isn’t as much of an ask as you think it is. 

Right, so it's not based on anything these two players have actually done - just a theory? I hope you're right, and I don't think it's a huge ask for forward players who have shown they can already perform to that level to do so again, but Cantwell and Silva don't come under that heading.

36 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

5 goals in 11 games is a ratio of 0.45. That's almost identical to Morelos' record in the league.

It's not realistic to think midfielders will get that.  3 would be good

9 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Score in 7, shoot blanks in 4 surely? 

No cause again if you look at his record, including coming off the bench (which he has done 9 times out of 32 domestic appearances) he has played 32 games and only scored in 12 of them

So it takes him roughly 2.7 appearances to score, the times he does he'll score the odd double

And as i said, him getting they 7 goals in 11 games would be if he played the full 90mins in every single game, which probably wont happen either as his records this season are 61mins an appearance domestically 

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Another thing was when we broke we didn’t have an out ball as he just ran offside. At 29 if he hasn’t learned how to hold his line then I doubt he ever will. 👎🏻

Fries my nut with that. Sakala was a maestro at keeping onside compared to this donkey