Who's next?

The Ibrox Derry

23 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

The next permanent appointment is the acid test for this board's ambition.

Our rivals have a manager with the following CV:

• 15 years experience as a manager
  • 698 games managed with a 51.7% win rate.
  • 166 games as manager of Liverpool
  • Championship promotion with Swansea
  • 7 domestic trophies in Scotland inc 2x trebles & an unbeaten season
  • FA Cup + Community Shield win with Leicester City

I heard someone mention Duncan Ferguson this morning. Let that sink in.

If this board don't go and get someone with a CV in the same calibre of our rivals, they are accepting 2nd place (or worse) for the foreseeable future.  If they go out an get another rookie in the frame of Michael '22 games managed' Beale, or some roaster like Pedro Caixinha, the board need chased out of town.

FantasyWorldRich

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aye that's where we're at as a club, have you been in a coma the last 12 year? 

Nope but am certainly not all in on someone who's only in the conversation because of what his mate done at them. If all we have left is to copy them turn the lights out. 

If he gets the job I'll be a 100% behind him but it's a huge gamble imo

1 minute ago, stuart1994 said:

Unattainable, if it wasn’t for the fact Rodgers was a tim he’d be no where near celtic. That’s the only reason they were able to attract him. 

Correct - and even then they’ve only been able to get him when his career’s on the slide. If we could get someone with that level of EPL experience, it would only be after a couple of big failures, which would be a risk in itself.

4 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

Happy to give Dessers and Lammers the opportunity as I don’t see any other option at the moment. Would like to see Lammers in his preferred position. Scott Wright can be paid off as far as I’m concerned. 

Rather see Lovelace than Dessers. And yes before you ask I am writing him off. Terrible footballer!

4 minutes ago, Jack Sparrow said:

Times have moved along since we had Derek Fucking Llambias in charge of the operation.  Anyway the point was that AMcC or DM would be better for us than another no mark, journeyman or 'highly rated european coach',  in the event that the board cannot appoint a manager who has proven success at higher levels.

McCoist was a disaster as manager for us the first time around FFS. The wheels had come off for him before we even went into administration :lol:

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

Muscat recent stats for balance.

Stuff like this is why I don't think we should be so above looking at different leagues around the world like the J-League, A-League and MLS. Managing to bring such a high level of consistency to a team in a league that is so even and do it playing good football is extremely positive.

There's numerous guys like this such a Graham Arnold (Australia manager), Brian Schmetzer (Seattle Sounders), Oscar Pareja (Orlando City) and Jim Curtin (Philadephia). They've all had this consistency over years in the A-League and MLS but have only done it in one league or with one club and not play as attractive football as Muscat.

3 minutes ago, Jack Sparrow said:

Times have moved along since we had Derek Fucking Llambias in charge of the operation.  Anyway the point was that AMcC or DM would be better for us than another no mark, journeyman or 'highly rated european coach',  in the event that the board cannot appoint a manager who has proven success at higher levels.

McCoist was hopeless and has been out the game for years.  Making people laugh is his gig and I use that term loosely!

49 minutes ago, Broxi said:

An A-list manager with proven success, or McCoist back :lol:

Not difficult to understand an order of preference

1 - Proven winner top level manager

2 - The likes of McCoist/McInnes and at a push Muscat who at least understands what they'd be coming into. 

3 - unproven european manager suggestion from the champ manager xG loyal,  a Pedro or Warburton clone - fuck that.

Just now, Jack Sparrow said:

2 - The likes of McCoist/McInnes and at a push Muscat who at least understands what they'd be coming into. 

3 - unproven european manager suggestion from the champ manager xG loyal,  a Pedro or Warburton clone - fuck that.

Hopefully we can get pep 

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

McCoist was a disaster as manager for us the first time around FFS. The wheels had come off for him before we even went into administration :lol:

Indeed, he was absolutely woeful.  Didn't his training regime consist of the players using his bare arse as shooting practice?

3 minutes ago, Jack Sparrow said:

Not difficult to understand why suggesting Ally McCoist to return as manager is absolutely mental :lol:

1 minute ago, Jack Sparrow said:

Hopefully we can be a bit more creative thinking than the Bodo Glimt or AZ Alkmaar manager.  

I’m being creative fuck all the pretenders I want us to go right to the top