Where do we go from here?

Loyal72

Think Things were starting to go so well during the Gerrard era felt like we had made major progress on the field but since he’s went everything feels like it’s went down the pan recruitment I feel for the past number of seasons now has been none other than shocking & it’s clearly had a major impact on the field sadly no matter who comes in I just have no confidence In the team not even pep could get a tune out of this group the problem starts at the top for me with the board & major work/improvement needs to happen in the scouting side as that’s been embarrassing.

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

If Lampard is coming in the only place we go from here is on a downward spiral.

Seen this on FF, he's normally quite close to things at the club. I'm trying to take some positivity from this but fuck me it's not easy right now

9 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Just drop our “captain” and “vice captain” to start with. Had enough of these tubes! 

Yes and suddenly Dessers will learn the offside rule, be able to control the ball, find a burst of pace and become a striker. Lammers will be able to pass to a team mate. Our midfield will magically challenge for the ball  and try to stop opponents walking past them. Barasic will actually play a free kick in the opposition half forward or even towards their box instead of feeding it back to our box.

3 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Yes and suddenly Dessers will learn the offside rule, be able to control the ball, find a burst of pace and become a striker. Lammers will be able to pass to a team mate. Our midfield will magically challenge for the ball  and try to stop opponents walking past them. Barasic will actually play a free kick in the opposition half forward or even towards their box instead of feeding it back to our box.

Did I upset you mate? 😆

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Did I upset you mate? 😆

Not you, I have been upset most of the season, it is just getting worse. However, these two are the least of our problems. From our squad along with Butland and Cantwell I cannot think of any other player I would  be confident of keeping.

9 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Not you, I have been upset most of the season, it is just getting worse. However, these two are the least of our problems. From our squad along with Butland and Cantwell I cannot think of any other player I would  be confident of keeping.

Ok. 👍

4 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

So in the last 5 years we've won 2 trophies, that's ok, and nothings going to change, never mind quickly, with that squad

No 2 trophies in 5 years unacceptable.

But to say we're 15 years behind that celtic team is an over exaggeration.

In 15 years time Tavernier will be 10+ years in to his retirement and no doubt replaced Tom Miller on RTV.

A year or two is fucking ages in football. Every chance fortunes have turned in that time. Don't think it needs to be over analysed in any crazy way. We get a new manager, players start to do well (who would have thought Matondo would look like a footballer a year ago?), it turns out our new signings aren't all shite after all, we sign a few key players.

As shite as it can seem at any given time, things can turn quite rapidly.

5 minutes ago, Amato said:

A year or two is fucking ages in football. Every chance fortunes have turned in that time. Don't think it needs to be over analysed in any crazy way. We get a new manager, players start to do well (who would have thought Matondo would look like a footballer a year ago?), it turns out our new signings aren't all shite after all, we sign a few key players.

As shite as it can seem at any given time, things can turn quite rapidly.

Just unfortunate that dessers and lammers can’t turn rapidly.

14 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

No 2 trophies in 5 years unacceptable.

But to say we're 15 years behind that celtic team is an over exaggeration.

In 15 years time Tavernier will be 10+ years in to his retirement and no doubt replaced Tom Miller on RTV.

Where did I say that, can't even remember mentioning them.

21 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

Here is what I think is needed at Rangers.

Spelling might be a little off as i am on my phone and do not have my glasses on :lol:.

First of all we need good Rangers men former players and men who totally get what it means to play for our club coaching our youngsters and having every level of youth playing the same style as the first team under the new manager so it's easier for boys coming into the first team football. (all depending on what our new manager brings to the table in regards to setting up) It shows the club has an identity as a hole.

We need to be more ruthless as a club regarding players and how they represent the club on and off the field. It's not an essential but I like to think the old traditions are being honoured and we are not letting the players act like teenagers online and bringing unwanted attention.

The new manager needs to have a good discipline structure in place with the players and not be scared to drop players when they are playing shite. I understand sticking with a player through bad patches but there's bad patches then there is just taking the absolute cunt and as a club we need to start selling our assets and bringing them in to sell again.

We need a hole new Scouting network and scouts who can notice a player and stop buying absolute dross with past injury history and a bad CV. We should be looking at younger boys/men who are hungry to succeed and are showing promise and determination to be a better version of themselves. They are hundreds of thousands abroad that are looking for that big chance. We can offer that.

We need to as a club also stop being so arrogant towards the players in this league. We could have spent the money on Shankland instead of Dessers and at least we would have been guaranteed goals. We need to start taking that gamble.

Have the young boys around first team when they have earned it and make being around the first team as a reward for playing well in reserve games.

Try and sign Butland on a new deal and give him the captaincy and build a team around the likes of Cantwell, Raskin.

The new Manager must be good with the media and someone who suffers no fools and doesn't talk to much that he ends up contradicting himself.

The new manager must be a great man on and off the pitch and have everyone at the club pushing in the same direction to succeed and be a better person.

I strongly disagree with this bit. Having that parochial "jobs for the boys" mentality is one of the things that has set us back years.

We should be looking for the elite. The best of the best or at least the best that we can afford/attract. 

If they also support the club that's a happy coincidence but it should in no way be part of the selection process.

2 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Where did I say that, can't even remember mentioning them.

Surely you didn't mean 15 years behind St Mirren?

I always just always assume when people say "years behind" they're implying celtic as they are our traditional competition and measuring stick.. apologies.

58 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

Surely you didn't mean 15 years behind St Mirren?

I always just always assume when people say "years behind" they're implying celtic as they are our traditional competition and measuring stick.. apologies.

Apology accepted  

19 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Feels better with Lampard bombed out the running. Just need to hope the new manager has the balls to drop the losers and grab this mess by the scruff.

You wouldn't have enough for a team.  We are where we are and we need unfortunately to re-recruit significantly.

I have no idea to be honest. Pretty much avoiding things until we have a new manager in place and will see where we go from there.

I wasn't in favour of the massive influx of players and change to the team that some were after and I hope that we don't have the knee jerk reaction again. I would much rather have two or three quality players coming in each year to slowly strengthen the squad rather than the splatter gun approach and hoping for the best like we used to laugh at them for doing. It doesn't work.